Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why no FC/SkyPriority security lanes at MCO?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why no FC/SkyPriority security lanes at MCO?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:29 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
Clear's future has always been up in the air. Even after it's return, it has yet to make an impact at MCO in regards to being succesfull in gaining a lot of customers. Clear's presence at MCO never really made sense anyway - why base yourself at an airport whose fliers are mainly from out of town? They would've been better off in ATL, DTW, or other airports which have a good base of in town business travellers.

In my opinion, somebody should not have to pay a private organization to do what should be offered for free by the TSA. It's good to see that TSA's precheck has trumped any possible business concerns for CLEAR for its existance at MCO.
IMO, CLEAR made perfect sense in MCO. No priority/FC line for any airline, lines that rival Disney itself, and a decent base of upper tier flyers. CLEAR has saved me many times. Without it, I never knew how ling to expect to spend in a security line at MCO, with it, I can better plan my day.

CLEAR's downfall seems to be TSA trying to undermine them and put them out. A good example of this is putting the PC line exactly opposite of the CLEAR line. In most airports with PC, the line is somehow linked in with the FC/SP lines. It would only make sense to do the same with CLEAR since a fair number of MCO elites are likely CLEAR members.

TSA and CLEAR have had a sketchy past and it just continues. I for one am still a CLEAR advocate... CLEAR's other major downfall is coverage, but at airports with elite lines, it is hard to compete.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Clear's future has always been up in the air. Even after it's return, it has yet to make an impact at MCO in regards to being succesfull in gaining a lot of customers. Clear's presence at MCO never really made sense anyway - why base yourself at an airport whose fliers are mainly from out of town? They would've been better off in ATL, DTW, or other airports which have a good base of in town business travellers.
CLEAR is not in ATL/DTW/etc because those airports didn't want them, or wanted way too much money. If CLEAR had their way, they would have been in every airport. MCO was happy to take their $$$ and give them a lane. The typically very long MCO lines, along with no SP lane, made it a good bet they could be successful.

Of course, along came PreCheck sooner than expected so it will not be surprising to see CLEAR gone by next year.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 7:47 am

In my opinion, somebody should not have to pay a private organization to do what should be offered for free by the TSA. It's good to see that TSA's precheck has trumped any possible business concerns for CLEAR for its existance at MCO.
Why base yourself at MCO? Because it has the worst run security lines in the US which make travelers MORE willing to pay then perhaps at a place like ATL where they seem to know how to manage lines.

(I did suggest to the idiot manager I spoke with at MCO that perhaps he could call Disney and ask them for line management help!)
Old Jun 5, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
While we're on the subject of missing F or SP security lines, the same is also true at BWI. And now that DL is sharing D, it just took me 30 minutes to go through their bottleneck security lines.

What I also don't get is that they only have three scanners, but they started opening up more bag belts. That just moved the lines from the belts to people waiting to go through the scanners.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
What I also don't get is that they only have three scanners, but they started opening up more bag belts. That just moved the lines from the belts to people waiting to go through the scanners.
Ugh - I really don't like that set-up. It always made it a lot harder to keep track of your belongings, even when there were just WTMDs and the only problem was a sudden holdup while airport workers and wheelchair folks bumped the line or someone took multiple passes to get through. With the NoS's, it is even worse.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:50 am

Yes, MCO lines can be crazy, but in my experience they always move more quickly than expected. The airport that I always find infuriating, even with Priority lines, is Dulles. For some reason they have an issue keeping the lines moving. I've arrived two hours before flights and nearly missed boarding. That's never happened at MCO.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 3:18 pm

MCO Priority lines removed?

I have been using the priority/first security line on the 1-59 checkpoint for the past year. It was located on the far left of the checkpoint near the "CLEAR" sign. I haven't been to MCO in a few months and this past week, I found the checkpoint had been reconfigured with the "CLEAR" and TSA Precheck on the far right now. And although the DMB signs overhead show "Airline Priority" with an arrow pointing to one line, that line dumps into the main queue. I asked a TSA agent where the priority line was and he said "it has been removed by the airport".

Quite annoying.

No wonder Florida is so frequently the butt of jokes.

http://youtu.be/oSIwVs6XyiU

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.