FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1350303-hall-shame-photographic-evidence-disgusting-acts-delta-air-lines-passengers.html)

CatchFlightsNotFeelings Apr 22, 2019 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by skyhighlander (Post 31026848)
To be fair - it is.. And although I myself would never act as the person in your photo...I do feel for anyone who is stuck in the front row on any narrow body these days, especially on red-eyes. I'm one of those people with long legs who can't sleep unless they can stretch out (faced with the feet barrier, we get that annoying, itchy feeling going throughout the body making us want to kick a hole through the bulkhead, via the catering vestibule all the way to the cockpit...). So after one memorable night of torture when I was "upgraded" from one of those "no seat in front" exit rows to 1C - I am now happily swapping with unsuspecting poor souls giving them a chance to experience a life "up front".....

So if airlines don't want customers' feet up in the air in their so called "first class" - they should make it a real first class.

Literally all they have to do is carve out a hole in the bulkhead. It's not that hard. I don't understand why this isn't more commonplace.

ct2573 May 29, 2019 6:18 pm

This guy is a real class act

This clown has both of his feet up, and insisted on reclining into the guy behind him's knees repeatedly this afternoon. Complete with the draped cardigan, he's too rich to be respectful of others, but not rich enough to fly private with a lie flat bed. Maybe we should call Delta and ask them to have more lie-flat beds from the West Coast to ATL?

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c3d8f46fde.jpg

Zorak May 29, 2019 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by ct2573 (Post 31151536)
This clown has both of his feet up, and insisted on reclining into the guy behind him's knees repeatedly this afternoon. Complete with the draped cardigan, he's too rich to be respectful of others, but not rich enough to fly private with a lie flat bed. Maybe we should call Delta and ask them to have more lie-flat beds from the West Coast to ATL?

Also doesn't have his seatbelt buckled while seated -- all that's needed is some sudden heavy turbulence, problem solved :D

gooselee May 29, 2019 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31151747)
Also doesn't have his seatbelt buckled while seated -- all that's needed is some sudden heavy turbulence, problem solved :D

And not even with the unbuckled belt tucked away on his seat. Just dangling in the aisle because clearly nobody else exists on this plane.

George84 May 30, 2019 5:35 am

Ysitincoach May 30, 2019 7:24 am

Originally Posted by George84 (Post 31152916)

Gross!

CHOPCHOP767 Jun 1, 2019 7:05 am

So this happened to me...

And what did you do to rectify this?

FlyingUnderTheRadar Jun 1, 2019 10:20 am

Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767 (Post 31159922)

Posted it to FT hopes the PAX would recognize their knuckles and apologize.

BadgerBoi Jun 2, 2019 1:29 am

Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767 (Post 31159922)

me, I would have struck the gorilla’s knuckles with my iPad after I’d painted his fingernails with white- out. What would you have done?
im not assuming that the OP did nothing.

hotturnip Jun 2, 2019 10:14 am

How long did the guy maintain his hands like that? Doesn't seem like the kind of position that could go on more than a couple of minutes. (Unless he's the yogi standing on his head in the earlier picture.)

TuxTom Jun 2, 2019 11:23 am

This is not to shame what was overall a good flight crew, but I thought it was pretty gross to put the tray of clean classes for beverage service on this really dirty floor. Obviously the two FAs are working in tight quarters while one prepped the meals and the other poured drinks, but there's got to be a better solution than this. Hindsight 20/20, I probably should have said something. I already had my drink before the tray was placed on the floor, but I'm sure the other F pax behind me who couldn't see this wouldn't have appreciated this.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...63145d4a3e.jpg

HWGeeks Jun 2, 2019 11:42 am

I had this happen to me before. I tapped the hand though and they never put them back.

Zorak Jun 2, 2019 11:42 am

I don't understand. There's still a tray between the glasses and the actual floor, right? Sure, it's psychologically weird, but the glasses should still be fine?

AANYC1981 Jun 2, 2019 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31163123)
I don't understand. There's still a tray between the glasses and the actual floor, right? Sure, it's psychologically weird, but the glasses should still be fine?

But Delta specifically tells their FAs not to do this for sanitary reasons as well as to not crush ice by banging the bag on the floor.....so......

flyerCO Jun 3, 2019 5:03 am

Originally Posted by AANYC1981 (Post 31163904)

But Delta specifically tells their FAs not to do this for sanitary reasons as well as to not crush ice by banging the bag on the floor.....so......

Ice bags get, it can easily tear open and the ice normally stays in the bag when opened, plus the bag gets handled when getting ice.

The glasses though there's no touching the bottom of the tray and the bottom isn't handled when getting a glass.