FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1350303-hall-shame-photographic-evidence-disgusting-acts-delta-air-lines-passengers.html)

Tizzette Dec 19, 2014 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by ruckzac (Post 24024428)
Maybe it's just me, but I think it's OK to put your feet up on the bulkhead if you're wearing socks. Never OK to put your feet up on someone's seat though.

Me 2.

DL2SXM Dec 19, 2014 2:26 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's OK to put your feet up on the bulkhead if you're wearing socks. Never OK to put your feet up on someone's seat though.

+1

Ysitincoach Dec 19, 2014 6:24 pm

Is this a troll?

Perhaps the stinky sock is even worse than the barefoot.

Oh well. Expect your photo here soon.

CMK10 Dec 20, 2014 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach (Post 24026215)
Is this a troll?

Perhaps the stinky sock is even worse than the barefoot.

Oh well. Expect your photo here soon.

If he's a troll then I'm one too because I agree. As long as you're wearing shoes or socks and your feet aren't above the pocket where the magazine/safety card etc. go, I don't see the problem.

Ysitincoach Dec 20, 2014 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 24029196)
If he's a troll then I'm one too because I agree. As long as you're wearing shoes or socks and your feet aren't above the pocket where the magazine/safety card etc. go, I don't see the problem.

You understand you're in a public place? A place of business. Not a family room or lounge.

anjeo Dec 20, 2014 7:29 pm

So is this the correct thread for breast feeding ( on a plane or in a lounge) or should I start a new one ?

cmd320 Dec 20, 2014 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach (Post 24029906)
You understand you're in a public place? A place of business. Not a family room or lounge.

Do you leave your shoes on when in J or F in a flatbed seat? I certainly don't, though I would never expose my bare feet. I think socks once airborne are perfectly acceptable assuming they aren't up I someone's face or anything...

Ysitincoach Dec 20, 2014 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320 (Post 24030474)
Do you leave your shoes on when in J or F in a flatbed seat? I certainly don't, though I would never expose my bare feet. I think socks once airborne are perfectly acceptable assuming they aren't up I someone's face or anything...

Itnl J amenity kits provide socks. Socks that presumably haven't been attached to feet that carry 600 different forms of bacteria for hours prior to arrival at the aircraft. Socks worn outside the aircraft for hours tend to capture and retain moisture from the foot, many times creating objectionable foot odor.

Auston Dec 20, 2014 8:35 pm

Earwax

No picture unfortunately, but today the person sitting next to me picked the earwax out of her earbud headphones and wiped it on the side of the seat between us.

CMK10 Dec 20, 2014 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach (Post 24029906)

*snort* What time are you due back in the 19th Century?

cmd320 Dec 21, 2014 12:39 am

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach (Post 24030527)
Itnl J amenity kits provide socks. Socks that presumably haven't been attached to feet that carry 600 different forms of bacteria for hours prior to arrival at the aircraft. Socks worn outside the aircraft for hours tend to capture and retain moisture from the foot, many times creating objectionable foot odor.

I launder my socks between every use and typically end up with them still smelling like my fabric softener post use (arguably a better smell than what's on the socks provided in the amenity kits on many airlines).

In all likeliness, if an individual's socks are in such shape that they carry a strong odor, their shoes will also smell equally unsavory, at least, such are my observations of others. I've never had a problem with foot odor from someone removing their shoes and keeping their socked feet at normal foot level on a typical flight. Now if a person has their feet up in or near my face, that's another story.

mnredfox Dec 22, 2014 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Auston (Post 24030622)
No picture unfortunately, but today the person sitting next to me picked the earwax out of her earbud headphones and wiped it on the side of the seat between us.

Did they know you were watching? Disgusting...

DL2SXM Dec 28, 2014 6:41 am

Delta flight #7 12/28/14

The passenger in question was in seat 7B. What made this even more disgusting is something you cant capture in a picture; the SMELL!!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...psc170bf33.jpg

GRALISTAIR Dec 28, 2014 9:07 am

Originally Posted by DL2SXM (Post 24062244)
The passenger in question was in seat 7B. What made this even more disgusting is something you cant capture in a picture; the SMELL!!

OMG some people do not deserve to travel in first :td:

avidflyer Dec 28, 2014 10:22 am

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR (Post 24062793)
OMG some people do not deserve to travl in first :td:

Anyone with $6k can fly up front (and LOTS of people do). If they have the $$ they certainly do deserve to fly up front and Delta will never tell them otherwise. CLASS, or the lack there of, is another thing altogether and it has absolutely nothing to do with $$.