Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Prefered seats out of control

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2013, 6:21 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by CJKatl
You would think, but that wasn't what he thought to be unfair. He objected to people being moved to F when the flight was full and there were no other seats available. Here's his quote:

The issue you outline is a different story entirely. Skankap objected to people being moved to F when the plane was full and there were additional non-F passengers needing to fly. Somehow it is unfair to him that rather than leaving people on the ground, the airline would move passengers into F. Somehow he is okay if the F cabin is full of medallions on A fares, but it becomes a different experience for him when it's kettles on LUTs. Maybe the Biscoff are cinnamonier when the cabin is full of people that meet his standards?
Look at your own post 107. You misinterpreted his original question and made it into a flame war. You did it again here. His observation of SQ process was informative and speaks to how SQ views the world.

His point is, and I agree, that random, that is, without reason such as status, fees, etc., upgrades impact negatively on those already in those seats by changing the perceived comfort and exclusively of those seats. I asked again, given a choice, would you prefer the middle EC seat between you and your row mate to be empty or occupied by the former 42E?

How many times do we read about the preference between light and heavy loads on flights since additional personal space is coveted?

I find NRSA upgrades to BE to be annoying on a TATL though I guess since they are part of the contract they fit the "earned upgrade" definition.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 7:14 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by Bicostal
Look at your own post 107. You misinterpreted his original question and made it into a flame war. You did it again here. His observation of SQ process was informative and speaks to how SQ views the world.

His point is, and I agree, that random, that is, without reason such as status, fees, etc., upgrades impact negatively on those already in those seats by changing the perceived comfort and exclusively of those seats. I asked again, given a choice, would you prefer the middle EC seat between you and your row mate to be empty or occupied by the former 42E?
So then the question I posed to him stands to you as well: There's open seats in F but Y is full and all seats have been assigned in Y. You don't have a seat assignment. You have an important meeting or family event to get to. Are you okay with saying "I accept that I just won't make that meeting or event because even though the airline has open seats in F on the plane where I need to go, I would hate for the passengers who paid for F to have their experience cheapened by my presence"? Is that really okay with you?

If airlines aren't going to OpUp passengers to the premium cabin, then they shouldn't oversell the Y cabin in the first place.

How many times do we read about the preference between light and heavy loads on flights since additional personal space is coveted?
Coveted? Yes. But if not paid for, it should not be expected (this is not rocket science to figure out). I enjoy it at the movie theater or ball park when the seat is open next to me too. But I can't expect or demand there to be empty seats around me if I only paid for one seat, correct?

If you want to guarantee empty space around you, buy several seats or lease a private jet.

I find NRSA upgrades to BE to be annoying on a TATL though I guess since they are part of the contract they fit the "earned upgrade" definition.
Yea I feel so sorry that those in BE would have to sit next to smelly, awful, poorly behaved airline employees who have done nothing for the airline to earn such a benefit. I can just see how having airline employees up there would really ruin the day of the rest of the BE cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.