Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Originally Posted by lv2travel101
Welcome to FT, WAS.
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
+1
nice first post.

:-:Welcomes to FT!:-:
Thank you!
Whatever Delta decides, it would at least be nice to know sooner rather than later.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by LedgeT
The Loyalty Program is comprised of two projects that seek to increase revenue and customer loyalty along with
decreasing liability related to unused award miles. Coordinated communication to the general public regarding the
intentions of these changes is paramount to acceptance.

Revenue Based Mileage Accrual (RBMA) project shifts the basis for awarding miles to a revenue based accrual approach
Release 0: Support the communication/announcement of upcoming SkyMiles program changes (targeted 1Q12).
Will no longer display distance flown miles for departures after new miles accrual effective date (targeted for 3Q12)
Release 0.5: Provide Mileage Calculator to calculate approximate revenue based mileage accrual based on travel
after launch ((targeted 2Q12)
Release 1: Convert SkyMiles System from flown miles to revenue based mileage accrual (3Q12)
Release 2: Reward SkyMiles members with miles for all non-air purchases (i.e. SkyClub, Seats) (currently On Hold)

Fare Based Award Ticket Redemption (FBATR) project
Fast Track Release – Provides limited base functionality to align with the Polaris Chicago release timing

Phase I at Launch introduces Fare Based Award Redemption Model, Single Shopping Experience for Customer, New Award Inventory Controls, Cash + Miles Award Redemption Product, Award Redemption for OA, Modifications to the automated Award Refund, Redeposit, and Reissue and Exchange Process

Phase II – After Launch includes Bid for Price Award Redemption Product, Buy It Now Award Redemption Product, Volume Discount Award Redemption Product, Modifications to SkyMiles Branded Mileage Upgrade Products, and Modifications to SkyMiles System-Wide Upgrade Certificates
I don't see anything here that would necessarily change MQM earnings. With the way Delta has been trying to give away status lately, I don't see them messing with the status portion of their loyalty program. Now, I can see them doing something with RDMs. RDMs are a liability to them so I can understand them wanting to reduce the amount that are being held either through increase award amounts or decreased mileage earnings.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Bubbashow... come clean... you are one of the CONsultants that pitched this idea to the Ham Sandwich Guild... let's get it out in the open and let the healing begin....
^

Wish I said it first.

Touche!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC

My sense is that the best strategy here is a good offense. DL may not care about FT since we are a relatively isolated community. The do care about how they are perceived in other social media outlets like Twitter and Facebook. I say if we want to nip this in the bud now we should pluck the chickens, heat the tar and then head on over to more mainstream social media sites and have at this. I'd even consider a change.org petition drive (don't laugh, got some of the banks to back down on ATM fees).

If we're gonna talk the talk on this one we need to walk the walk.
^^^

Thank you!

The DL folks are checking in daily. Both SMI and Michelle were logged in earlier.

No doubt their monitoring restores their confidence that all that is going on here so far is talking, and no action has been catalyzed.

Your change.org petition suggestion has a lot of merit. Any mechanism with low or no start-up cost and public visibility is worth considering.

As I noted up-thread, only adverse publicity is likely to turn this around.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
OMG...walk away from FT for a few days and Armageddon hits.

My first reaction is (and was) to panic.

My second reaction was to say...let's map it out and see how I land. Problem is if I wait to map it out it may be too late.

Clearly SMI had had their lips stapled shut and every finger broken. I can't imagine what else would prompt them to ignore a firestorm that is clearly not dying down anytime soon.

My sense is that the best strategy here is a good offense. DL may not care about FT since we are a relatively isolated community. The do care about how they are perceived in other social media outlets like Twitter and Facebook. I say if we want to nip this in the bud now we should pluck the chickens, heat the tar and then head on over to more mainstream social media sites and have at this. I'd even consider a change.org petition drive (don't laugh, got some of the banks to back down on ATM fees).

If we're gonna talk the talk on this one we need to walk the walk.
I think a few people have talked about this earlier in the thread.

In addition to doing that, I also feel that it would be wise to empty the bank and wait for the company to make their move before committing to anything. You need to know how to hit a company where it hurts.

FWIW, after this rumor started and I read confirmations from credible contributors, I am in the process of redeeming at least 1 million miles this year in an attempt to drain my mileage bank.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
^^^

Thank you!

The DL folks are checking in daily. Both SMI and Michelle were logged in earlier.

No doubt their monitoring restores their confidence that all that is going on here so far is talking, and no action has been catalyzed.

Your change.org petition suggestion has a lot of merit. Any mechanism with low or no start-up cost and public visibility is worth considering.

I think this is a first...we agree!

Everyone should check out this thread on the UA board:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-movement.html

Folks over there are grabbing their pitch forks and trying to figure out how to publicize their frustrations. We SHOULD do the same.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Perhaps revenue contribution will only be one factor in the new system.

Maybe attitude will also be a factor. (Well, I'm hosed. )
So am I.
Originally Posted by HongKonger
What's better about AA F? I've not flown AA for a long time and never in F.
The better alcohol and hard product.
FAs are sexier IMO on DL.
Originally Posted by dcline414
Quite the contrary, they're adding LOWER (E-) fare buckets!

I wouldn't pay more for a ticket unless there was a defined benefit (i.e. earning more qualifying miles, earlier upgrade) that was worth the incremental cost. But right now we don't KNOW what changes are coming, or when they will be in effect. So I'm just holding off buying until I need to.

I was already frustrated with Delta's recent unannounced behind-the-scenes changes that we can all see, but they aren't acknowledging. If they have some wholesale changes coming soon that are going to be clearly spelled out, I'm eager to hear what the new rules are. They just might keep me flying Delta.

But all this hush-hush BS is getting really annoying, and certainly doesn't make me want to go out of my way to be loyal to Delta untill they tell us what the rules of their new game are!
They are doing this to compete for Joe Blow's $$$.
I agree, that they company should be more upfront.
Soon we might need to call the low fare flyers sLUT E flyers.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I think this is a first...we agree!

I had confidence that you would come around sooner or later.

Everyone should check out this thread on the UA board:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-movement.html

Folks over there are grabbing their pitch forks and trying to figure out how to publicize their frustrations. We SHOULD do the same.
Any folks who had something to do with Save Sky Miles should be proud to see these posts in the UA thread:

In a response to a post that Smisek should be run off:

Originally Posted by craz
Fantastic!,but unfortunately he isnt gonna be going anywhere
Leading to this response:

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Can you spell "Mullin" .....

And there is this one:

Originally Posted by demkr

Facebook page and something like Save Skymiles. Please PM me info if a FB page is made. Happy to connect

And, can you imagine, at least one of our loyal DL management supporters is also over there deriding the folks who are trying to make a difference.

Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by dcline414
The search by price will give you the lowest fare for each price (now splitting out by F/J, E, and E-). If you want to see a higher fare, you have to specify that specific fare or higher in the search, rather than looking for a certain cabin or higher.
But you can't search for a specific fare bucket and have flexible dates (though once, miraculously, this did work for me, I even made a thread about it). If DL will try to make people buy higher fare buckets by giving out less than 100% MQM for lower fares, they'd better get those two options working together!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by HongKonger
But you can't search for a specific fare bucket and have flexible dates (though once, miraculously, this did work for me, I even made a thread about it). If DL will try to make people buy higher fare buckets by giving out less than 100% MQM for lower fares, they'd better get those two options working together!
Or pax will stop using DL.dumb and use a TA/OTA.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by yohanson
I don't see anything here that would necessarily change MQM earnings. With the way Delta has been trying to give away status lately, I don't see them messing with the status portion of their loyalty program. Now, I can see them doing something with RDMs. RDMs are a liability to them so I can understand them wanting to reduce the amount that are being held either through increase award amounts or decreased mileage earnings.
+1. I think DL's elite status system is pretty much set. I only foresee them possibly changing the way FF miles/points are awarded and redeemed. Hopefully they don't. But if they do, I think many elites who are not hub-captive will move to UA or AA. Why wouldn't they? For me, a severe devaluation in award earnings/redemptions would be the catalyst to moving all of my travel to UA.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL GM
Sometime last month toward the end of one particular week came the thread "DL announment coming up this monday". Anyone remember this one. Look at all the nonsense speculation it contained. Of course anyone who jumped on the conspiracy bandwagon was on a fools errand. The announcement was basically nothing. Do we ever learn?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by sectflyer
Sometime last month toward the end of one particular week came the thread "DL announment coming up this monday". Anyone remember this one. Look at all the nonsense speculation it contained. Of course anyone who jumped on the conspiracy bandwagon was on a fools errand. The announcement was basically nothing. Do we ever learn?
Even that one was widely postulated (correctly) as an announcement having to do with early retirement. Yes, some people went quite far in speculating other changes, but many people had it pegged correctly for what it was. (And most of the other suggestions were Kryptonium Medallion or ham sandwich jokes.)

Last edited by javabytes; Mar 21, 2012 at 4:26 pm
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: DLPlat;AA,BA,US
Lightbulb facebook has a Save SkyMiles site...

Searched facebook, found this site:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/search/re...10856793053045

http://www.facebook.com/#!/search/re...eskymiles.com/

Maybe a starter? @:-)

tj
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
^^^

Thank you!

Sign me up, even though none of us has a clue what were protesting, we won't stand for it.

The best defense is hysteria.

50 more pages coming right up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.