Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
After re-reading this post several times, a few things occurred to me:

Originally Posted by LedgeT
The Loyalty Program is comprised of two projects that seek to increase revenue and customer loyalty along with
decreasing liability related to unused award miles. Coordinated communication to the general public regarding the
intentions of these changes is paramount to acceptance.
Human nature being what it is, every person here is going to advocate for that which increases their happiness and advantages in the SM program. There have been many posts from both sides here, but the ones for whom a purely revenue based program (speculation, granted) is a step up seem to be a minority. It depends on what increasing customer loyalty means 1) increasing the number of loyal customers or 2) increasing the intensity of loyalty among a smaller number of FFs.

Release 0: Support the communication/announcement of upcoming SkyMiles program changes (targeted 1Q12).
Tick tock, there are only a few days left in Q1.

Will no longer display distance flown miles for departures after new miles accrual effective date (targeted for 3Q12)
Major agita will result from this day forward... A la WN, but even worse.

Modifications to the automated Award Refund, Redeposit, and Reissue and Exchange Process
Haven't they been promising this for years?

If I were a principal for Conited or AA or (ugh) US, I'd be planning a triangulation for a middle of the road program that made people more comfortable - still a mileage-based system, with more restrictions, perhaps somewhat lower earning and redemption potential and market the hell out of it to capture market from DL.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Deadtail

50 more pages coming right up.
We can hope so.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
We can hope so.
So do I.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Sign me up, even though none of us has a clue what were protesting, we won't stand for it.

The best defense is hysteria.

50 more pages coming right up.
An ambitious goal!

I predicted on page 21 or so that we'd see at least 20 more pages. Obviously we've shattered that. But 50 more from this point on? When was the last 100-page thread (that reached 100 pages so quickly) in the DL forum?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by HongKonger
An ambitious goal!

I predicted on page 21 or so that we'd see at least 20 more pages. Obviously we've shattered that. But 50 more from this point on? When was the last 100-page thread (that reached 100 pages so quickly) in the DL forum?
T-72?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
T-72?
Yeah, most of the threads are related to a specific flight (i.e. shena), specific airport (i.e. new intl concourse in ATL), or specific demographic (i.e. DYKWIAs being seen--or not seen--in public).

Something like this is likely to draw in all DL FTers, as well as others who might venture into this crazy labrinth we call FT, thanks solely to this rumor.

I'd give pretty good odds to something so unifying, even if it is only a (somewhat credible, quite plausible) rumor mill!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by mother-
Wow, I hope SMI is based in Asia for their sake...
I would bet dollars to doughnuts that it is not SMI. Probably some junior employee(s) tasked with monitoring FT.

Originally Posted by ADLFO
I'm sure these decisions have been hard ones, but as usual, DL will make the right ones.
Well played!

Originally Posted by Dovster
Looked at this way, it does make more sense to give Medallion status based on money spent than it does on miles in the air.
This has been tried many times by various (domestic) airlines and failed every time.

Here here.
Where where?

Originally Posted by dean1121
If DL does what LH are doing above....wait for it....it would be my wildest dream come true.
Thanks for sharing; I never would have guessed.

People who fly as much as you claim to are a very small handful. You could all get into a minibus and leave and not even make a rounding difference. The lower-mileage elites are much more important simply because there are orders of magnitude more of them.

But let's not let economic reality get in the way of telling everyone how special you all are!

Last edited by vasantn; Mar 21, 2012 at 9:49 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by WAS
High-rollers choose based on schedule. If they pay for C or F, they don't need perks; they need recognition, short lines, VIP phone line and a carpet.

Flyers who pay for full-fare economy and last-minute tickets need the perks to have their loyalty rewarded and their travel experience made more bearable.

But remember that leisure LUT flyers also need an incentive to continue choosing Delta. They could instead always choose according to price or stay home more. While they might not buy expensive tickets, the loyalty program can and does influence their purchasing decision even more than the other two groups.
I think this is a pretty damn good summation! I agree. ^
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by HongKonger
An ambitious goal!

How about this one?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...le-change.html

I was going to say that it was only 97 pages, then I remembered that I do 40 posts per page, while most folks only do 20... so this should be a 194 page thread.

And, not surprisingly, it involved another case of DL management skulduggery.

We may have a chance to set a new record here.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Bubbashow... come clean... you are one of the CONsultants that pitched this idea to the Ham Sandwich Guild... let's get it out in the open and let the healing begin....
I nee to buy you a drink too Mr Hudson. BTW do you ever drink Plymouth Gin - my father always serves me it when I go to his home? (with Noilly Pratt)
Old Mar 21, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I nee to buy you a drink too Mr Hudson. BTW do you ever drink Plymouth Gin - my father always serves me it when I go to his home? (with Noilly Pratt)
Not only should we start a fund for a "Save SkyMiles" type program, I think we need a fund to keep Mr Hudson supplied with adult beverages. Not that he can't afford his own, but I think it is the least we can do in return.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
The better alcohol and hard product.
FAs are sexier IMO on DL.

sLUT E flyers.
OK now you are talking my language
Old Mar 21, 2012, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
I am a man of the people...
Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
Not only should we start a fund for a "Save SkyMiles" type program, I think we need a fund to keep Mr Hudson supplied with adult beverages. Not that he can't afford his own, but I think it is the least we can do in return.
Shheeeiit.... I will glady feign poorness if that is the case...
Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I have never had it, but if it is good enough for your old man, it is good enough for me....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.