Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Day Care...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL - KM/DM MM, AA - AP, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Exec Elite
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
unfrickinbelievable. I would have been pissed.
^ +1 .... Maybe today's announcement should have been "Delta announces no charge daycare for children in FC!"
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: NFY, AA EXP, Marriott TE
I've always said this, tounge-in-cheek:

DL should hand out transmitters, for dog-training shock collars, to all the pax seated around noisy PITA children.

.....the shock collars themselves should go on the parents.

[/daydream]

All the best, James
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:47 pm

Hey, Timmy, do you like films about gladiators?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ DM+, CX DM, LH SEN
I wonder if the same parents would think it was okay to live their kids unattended at a restaurant or a shopping mall and let someone else take care of them? The mind boggles......
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Studio54
I wonder if the same parents would think it was okay to live their kids unattended at a restaurant or a shopping mall and let someone else take care of them? The mind boggles......
Probably....
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
no big deal, perhaps call DL and ask for a private jet next time.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
Doesn't sound all that bad. Now, if you said the kids had drank all the Jack with Honey, well, then things 'd be tad bit diffn't...
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, EY Plat, MM Senator
I am often surprised that people do not voice their concerns directly to offenders (parents in this case). One kick or scream is OK, but if it does not stop, get the parent and ask to take care of their offspring. And, of course, this was an UM situation and should have been handled as such, especially if the children were indeed disturbing other passengers. Surprised that FAs did not address it with the parents. What's the point of complaining to other paxs?

P.S. Have two kids, would never leave them alone, neither in Y nor J/F, even though I am quite certain that they would behave well anywhere.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 1:32 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Sky Club, United Club, Admirals Club, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Not beside, but in close proximatey....

The FA 's were over it. They felt more like babysittersthan FA's. These kids were everywhere. FA even had to assist a couple of them with the lav. Pretty pathetic as parents if you can sit and watch the FA correct your kids, not to mention watching them assist your kids in the lav
Oh hell, if I were the FA I would have announced something like "To the parents who abandoned their kids in the front of the plane, one of your children is having problems using the latrine. Please come to the aid of your child or we will have to call ahead to Child Protective Services in (city of destination) to meet the plane at the gate".

Embarrass them in front of the entire plane.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 1:34 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by monkeshine
Oh hell, if I were the FA I would have announced something like "To the parents who abandoned their kids in First Class, one of your children is having problems using the latrine. Please come to the aid of your child or we will have to call ahead to Child Protective Services in (city of destination) to meet the plane at the gate".

Embarrass them in front of the entire plane.
I have two words for these people: stop breeding!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 1:35 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Sky Club, United Club, Admirals Club, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold

I have no prob with the u/g process in this case, just think the parents are a bit selfish as they should have just released the u/g back to whoever. But it was theirs. They can do with it as they please. I suppose.
Not so sure about that. Technically the UG goes to the person who earned it. While traditionally the FAs let people casually trade seats as they wish, I am sure they could have found a couple of rules to enforce in this case, either you can't leave unaccompanied minors in a separate cabin, or, you can't give away upgrade seats (be a stickler for the rules) or even as a safety issue eg "if there is a loss of cabin pressure who will put the mask on your child?"
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by hgdf
I have two words for these people: stop breeding!
OP reported that it was 2 Dad's, so breeding isn't a possibility.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:18 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by monkeshine
Not so sure about that. Technically the UG goes to the person who earned it. While traditionally the FAs let people casually trade seats as they wish, I am sure they could have found a couple of rules to enforce in this case, either you can't leave unaccompanied minors in a separate cabin, or, you can't give away upgrade seats (be a stickler for the rules) or even as a safety issue eg "if there is a loss of cabin pressure who will put the mask on your child?"
In-cabin ID checks and more confrontational flight attendants and/or passengers? No thanks.

Sometimes ticketed minors get upgraded or booked into the forward cabin before related adults. At least some FTers have minor children with higher FF program status than even most DL Medalions.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Some people got upgraded on flight 242 and decided that it was better for their 3 kids <6-8ish > to sit in FC while the "adults" sat in Y....

...The kids occupied seats 5 b,C,D. Two sets of parents in Y.
Originally Posted by 53flyer
OP reported that it was 2 Dad's, so breeding isn't a possibility.
Beyond the point that the OP addressed the parental situation, plenty of non-traditional families have figured out how to have children.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 6:39 am

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
IMHO, this boils down to poor parenting. The FAs, to be sure, could have done something to mitigate the situation, but the primary responsibility lies with the fathers.

My children have been flying since my youngest was two and I never tolerated any bad behavior on their part. I set the rules before their first trip: be quiet, do not run around, do not kick seats in front of you, be polite to the FAs and it worked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.