Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2021, 4:51 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
At that point your friend should have asked the agent at the desk to call for ATL PD stating they wanted to report an assault. Then both should have taken your cameras out and started recording.

I wonder how long it would take to get an ATL PD response seeing as how there was plenty for them to to address outside the lounge
hhdl likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by xanthuos
That's correct. Everything from achieving a new medallion status to thanking you for your corporate business. The Guest Services Tool on the handhelds covers it all.
My favorite was when they brought my 18 year old a thank you card, when she was sitting next to me in first class, flying on my reservation and my buck. She has never bouth a ticket in her life. I hate attention and didn't want a card, but it was funny nonetheless.
xanthuos and strickerj like this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 12:57 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
This is a story that's really a non-story.

I was flying BOS-LAX in DeltaOne in seat 1A last week. Everyone up front paid for their ticket, as no one cleared the upgrade list and D1 went out full. (I, myself, was on a Z fare) Near the end of the flight, the flight attendant thanked the person in 1B for being a Silver Medallion, and then went around thanking all of the medallions in D1 for their business. The flight attendant never thanked me for being a Gold Medallion! Oh the injustice! Haha, in reality though, although it's a nice gesture, it's just that, a gesture. It's not a big deal, but I thought it would make for a great story for this thread.

On the bright side, that was the flight that put me over the threshold for requalifying for Gold next year, so there's that!
Old Nov 25, 2021, 1:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by diburning
I was flying BOS-LAX in DeltaOne in seat 1A last week. Everyone up front paid for their ticket, as no one cleared the upgrade list and D1 went out full. (I, myself, was on a Z fare) Near the end of the flight, the flight attendant thanked the person in 1B for being a Silver Medallion, and then went around thanking all of the medallions in D1 for their business. The flight attendant never thanked me for being a Gold Medallion! Oh the injustice! Haha, in reality though, although it's a nice gesture, it's just that, a gesture. It's not a big deal, but I thought it would make for a great story for this thread.
Hah, coincidentally I flew BOS-LAX last week and the FA also thanked most D1 passengers, including the GM next to me, but ignored me (a DM).
Old Nov 25, 2021, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by diburning
This is a story that's really a non-story.

On the bright side, that was the flight that put me over the threshold for requalifying for Gold next year, so there's that!
Thank you for being a Gold Medallion!
levilevi likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by aacar
Hah, coincidentally I flew BOS-LAX last week and the FA also thanked most D1 passengers, including the GM next to me, but ignored me (a DM).
I've seen pilots make the rounds and chat with all of the MALE passengers in D1.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 1:17 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Boarding a MAD - ATL the GA thanked the plat, gold and silver medallions but not Mrs.P and me. She did come on board and give us each hand written cards thanking us for being diamond. We were the only 2 diamonds in D1.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR

Update on the “federal agent” dude.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:12 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets

Update on the “federal agent” dude.
Personally, it seems like a pretty DYKWIA thing to expect compensation for something Delta has ZERO control over. Sure would love some miles due to the injustice of someone cutting in front of me in like at Chick Fil A the other day. (He boarded my same flight later).
Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by ATLflyer2017
Personally, it seems like a pretty DYKWIA thing to expect compensation for something Delta has ZERO control over. Sure would love some miles due to the injustice of someone cutting in front of me in like at Chick Fil A the other day. (He boarded my same flight later).
Maybe if you read my complaint which I didn’t post you would see that I actually never asked for and was never expecting compensation, I called DL the night of the incident and they told me that the conduct of the pax was unacceptable and that since I have hard evidence to submit a formal complaint online. But thanks for assuming that I’d be self entitled to expect compensation for something Delta had no control over. They gave the miles completely on their own goodwill which I wasn’t even expecting. Thanks for assuming that though without knowing what I actually sent in and really appreciate the comment though!
Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:31 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Maybe if you read my complaint which I didn’t post you would see that I actually never asked for and was never expecting compensation, I called DL the night of the incident and they told me that the conduct of the pax was unacceptable and that since I have hard evidence to submit a formal complaint online. But thanks for assuming that I’d be self entitled to expect compensation for something Delta had no control over. They gave the miles completely on their own goodwill which I wasn’t even expecting. Thanks for assuming that though without knowing what I actually sent in and really appreciate the comment though!
I am sorry I did miss that.
I would definitely report it to Delta. I should not have assumed you were seeking compensation.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by ATLflyer2017
Did that person shove you out of the way and did it happen in a Delta lounge?

I think I know the answer to both, but I don't want to assume.

Edit: Ok looks like this has been answered. Always good to ask questions.

Last edited by zitsky; Dec 5, 2021 at 5:55 pm
Old Feb 19, 2022, 5:01 pm

Today JFK T4, DL/VS business class nook... Man jumps out of line, nearly runs over Mrs herzmeh while shouting "I've been in line for 20 minutes. I'm skipping you. I'm Diamond. I'm Diamond Medallion!" and proceeds to skip me and guy in front of me.
My response... Sure, bud, you fly a lot, go ahead... [eye roll]
Old Feb 19, 2022, 6:02 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
these are the types of videos to end up on twitter/tiktok
Originally Posted by herzmeh
Today JFK T4, DL/VS business class nook... Man jumps out of line, nearly runs over Mrs herzmeh while shouting "I've been in line for 20 minutes. I'm skipping you. I'm Diamond. I'm Diamond Medallion!" and proceeds to skip me and guy in front of me.
My response... Sure, bud, you fly a lot, go ahead... [eye roll]
Old Feb 19, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I always get irrationally happy when I see this thread active!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.