FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1318124-do-you-know-who-i-am-definitive-thread-dykwia-stories.html)

HMPS Feb 25, 2012 11:44 am

STATUS ?

Originally Posted by Bowgie (Post 18072604)
Feeling just *a little* superior at FlyerTalk, is part of participating on FlyerTalk. I liked the OP's post; sort of a "day in the life" of one of us too-frequent flyers.

Also, I kind of wish for more "name and shame" type photos.

OP, put your DL status in your profile so we know the level of your awesomeness.
(I'm NOT trying to sarcastic, just a suggestion.)

Too bad you didn't get a peak at the women's status; probably not even silver.

He paid $ 19 extra for a seat, so presume he has no DL status.

Bowgie, pay attention, we want to move onto chapter 2.

DLLOVEHATE Feb 25, 2012 11:45 am

he should have just waived his DM card in the air for faster service

UnitedFlyGuy Feb 25, 2012 11:50 am

Originally Posted by DLLOVEHATE (Post 18080421)
he should have just waived his DM card in the air for faster service

Either this or design a shirt and wear it.

glbetrotter Feb 25, 2012 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 18080343)
honestly, I think FAs should offer the first choice to paying customers first and then to anyone who got upgraded.

Not sure about that. First, I believe that the manifest only shows status and if a pax is an NRSA. It does not show whether a pax was upgraded. Second, it should not matter: except for NRSAs, everyone in FC paid for the ride, with cash, miles, SWUs, or their sore butt. Once on board, it should not matter how you got there (again, except for non-revs).

plagwate Feb 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy (Post 18080452)

And a matching hat as already seen in the wild.

pdisme Feb 25, 2012 12:42 pm

I almost feel like I need to have a video camera ready to catch these events lol. Couple months back a DM didn't like the meal he was 'left with' since the first couple rows all chose the same thing and they ran out of choices. He told the FC the other choice that the rest of us were now left with was unacceptable and she needed to go get two of the box lunches they were selling to folks in the back, take the cold cuts out of the sandwiches and make that his entree. These would make priceless youtube videos.

MileHighGuy Feb 25, 2012 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by N639DL (Post 18072384)
Then came the lady who was causing problems during boarding. There was a person with a dog in a carry bag since it was small. The carrier for the dog did not have wheels on it but the owner was dragging like it did. The dog was also partially out of the carrier, with its forward legs out and basically standing, with its rear legs in the carrier. There were 2 people behind the dog owner, then came the ignorant lady. She then complained to the captain and the FA that the dog should be in the carrier and the lady shouldn't be dragging it. I'm pretty sure it was the captain who said "Well it might be a service animal" and she said back "It doesn't look like a service animal to me" as she was walking out the door. She said it in such a way like it was personally affecting her. Then the FA made a comment to the captain, which I didn't really hear but was probably insulting the rude lady. Then 3 people behind the rude lady, a guy looks at the captain/FA who are still talking about it and says "it is a service animal."

Based on responses in this thread and others on flyertalk about service animals, and posters questioning whether it is or not in fact a service animal, the "ignorant lady" would fit in quite well here. In addition, her "constant encroachment" reminds me of the whiny rants, attitudes, and behaviors(often self-reported) of many former high level status flyers that now have no status.

Sez_Who Feb 25, 2012 1:01 pm

Great, another DM bashing thread. But if the shoe fits....

BRB, I'm gonna make some popcorn...

2mg Feb 25, 2012 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Sez_Who (Post 18080813)
Great, another DM bashing thread. But if the shoe fits....

BRB, I'm gonna make some popcorn...

Perhaps a sticky thread is in order...

dd992emo Feb 25, 2012 2:04 pm

And I thought that Hudson person posted his every movement on FT...

MSPeconomist Feb 25, 2012 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by glbetrotter (Post 18080568)
Not sure about that. First, I believe that the manifest only shows status and if a pax is an NRSA. It does not show whether a pax was upgraded. Second, it should not matter: except for NRSAs, everyone in FC paid for the ride, with cash, miles, SWUs, or their sore butt. Once on board, it should not matter how you got there (again, except for non-revs).

I agree, although I think one could argue that international OPUPs into BE should be lower priority for meal choices.

flightattendantsteve Feb 25, 2012 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by designflaw (Post 18080304)
I couldn't believe this myself but on a flight from DTW to SAT, a DM was super upset with a FA that she didn't get to him before others. He kept saying he was DM and even he is in second 2, he should be the first one to be offered drinks. Does Delta have a policy that DM need to be offered drinks first regardless of where they are seated in FC?

There is no policy on how drinks are served by Medallion status...

Reading this post only brought one thing to mind...

"Even if your seated in FC... That's doesn't mean your FC"....

Dieuwer Feb 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy (Post 18080452)

Diamond hat? :p

flightattendantsteve Feb 25, 2012 2:48 pm

The FA he was harassing about not serving him first should have broke out the top secret "Diamond Cart"... that way he would have felt really important.... :rolleyes:

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/...2131_4_600.jpg

BeachBum770 Feb 25, 2012 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by flightattendantsteve (Post 18081193)
Reading this post only brought one thing to mind...

"Even if your seated in FC... That's doesn't mean your FC"....

^ True dat!