Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2013, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Also, while her behavior sounds bad, AFAICT she wasn't even charged with a crime, let alone convicted.
Yes, she was charged with a crime. From the article, "Stephanie Heizmann Auerbach was charged Tuesday with interference of flight crew and members, and booked into the Hiland Mountain Correctional Center for women in Alaska."

No, she hasn't been convicted but since I'm not on the jury, I'm not obligated to give her a presumption of innocence. And since the hard costs (extra fuel, etc.) and soft costs (time, inconvenience, paperwork, etc.) involved in diverting a flight to boot off a passenger are probably substantial, I think its fair to conclude she crossed the line.
Cotumely likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 1:55 pm

There's no story except for the fact the pictures show the drunk is someone so different than you would expect. Attractive upscale mothers flying with two little kids don't usually get drunk and cause a flight to have to be diverted.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Not sure if this was a DYKWIA or an FO that wasn't aware of the rules for the SP security lane and had dragons that allowed him to us it in the past.

On Friday at DTW someone was complaining to the dragon at the SP lane that he was a silver and flashing his FO card and was told he had to use the regular lane. The dragon told him that the only way he could use that lane was if his BP said skypriority on it anad he was insiting they always allowed him to use that lane in the past.

I had Precheck so only heard a little bit of the conversation while I was getting my ID out of my wallet.
If I had been the FO I would have told the agent that she must not be aware of Delta's policies. Silver Medallions are also given the benefit of priority check-in. It is stated very clearly on Delta.com. Someone at DTW needs a refresher course.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-benefits.html
Old Aug 23, 2013, 3:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
If I had been the FO I would have told the agent that she must not be aware of Delta's policies. Silver Medallions are also given the benefit of priority check-in. It is stated very clearly on Delta.com. Someone at DTW needs a refresher course.

You are confusing priority check in with the priority security line -- which was the line he was not allowed to go in.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card

The priority check-in for FOs can be confusing, though, as someone earlier mentioned. At some airports (I believe the hubs), FOs have their own check-in area/line, which can be irregularly policed and often full of non-status pax. At others, they share the SP area for check-in, but not security.

If I were an FO and mostly used the hubs to connect rather than O/D, I might come to believe that FO=SP check-in everywhere.

Also, looking at that site, why is Sky Priority only a registered trademark for GMs? I guess a hidden benefit of PMs/DMs is the ability to use that mark as their own?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by gooselee
The priority check-in for FOs can be confusing, though, as someone earlier mentioned. At some airports (I believe the hubs), FOs have their own check-in area/line, which can be irregularly policed and often full of non-status pax. At others, they share the SP area for check-in, but not security.

If I were an FO and mostly used the hubs to connect rather than O/D, I might come to believe that FO=SP check-in everywhere.

Also, looking at that site, why is Sky Priority only a registered trademark for GMs? I guess a hidden benefit of PMs/DMs is the ability to use that mark as their own?
I learned that lesson during my first week as an FO. While I haven't yet experienced an airport with a separate line for FOs, I have been the beneficiary of the SP check in line at SLC. I've only used SP security lane once as an FO without flying paid F, but that was because my upgrade cleared at the window. Since I have precheck, I've never been concerned about getting SP security line, but if I were a frequent-enough flier to be a GM, it would be a nice fallback in the even I didn't get precheck.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,

It was the security line. The Skypriority security lane at MOST airports is limited to people who have skypriority on their boarding pass (which doesn't apply to FO's unless upgraded). I know MDW and DEN allows FO's to use the SP lane but DTW doesn't
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, AA EXP 1 MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5Star PC
The overhead bin wars are back.

I did not get my upgrade going to MSP the other day, but I had a front row aisle EC seat and small bag. No problems for me.

Boarding occurred without Shena making an appearance. Passenger two rows behind me put her bag in the overhead space across from my row and went to her seat. About 30 seconds later, the person with the aisle seat across from mine sees the bag, immediately replaces it with her bag and leaves the first passenger's bag in the aisle. First woman tells her to put her bag back. Second woman refuses. After a rather nasty conflagration that delayed boarding by about ten minutes, a flight attendant removed the second passenger's bag after informing her that bin space is common space except in first class and put her bag further in the back. The bag-replacer moans, whines and complains the entire flight about how "her space" was invaded and she is "elite and should be treated as such".

When we land, drama ensues as the second passenger (the bag replacer), gets up and yells at people to sit down until she has retrieved her bag and yells at the flight attendant as we deboard the plane.

Classless and tasteless. Honestly--her bag was only back two rows and she had to make a complete fool of herself? I don't know why the first passenger did not use the OH space over her row, but they just should have exchanged bags rather than play the DYKWIA game.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by pharmalady
The overhead bin wars are back.

I did not get my upgrade going to MSP the other day, but I had a front row aisle EC seat and small bag. No problems for me.

Boarding occurred without Shena making an appearance. Passenger two rows behind me put her bag in the overhead space across from my row and went to her seat. About 30 seconds later, the person with the aisle seat across from mine sees the bag, immediately replaces it with her bag and leaves the first passenger's bag in the aisle. First woman tells her to put her bag back. Second woman refuses. After a rather nasty conflagration that delayed boarding by about ten minutes, a flight attendant removed the second passenger's bag after informing her that bin space is common space except in first class and put her bag further in the back. The bag-replacer moans, whines and complains the entire flight about how "her space" was invaded and she is "elite and should be treated as such".

When we land, drama ensues as the second passenger (the bag replacer), gets up and yells at people to sit down until she has retrieved her bag and yells at the flight attendant as we deboard the plane.

Classless and tasteless. Honestly--her bag was only back two rows and she had to make a complete fool of herself? I don't know why the first passenger did not use the OH space over her row, but they just should have exchanged bags rather than play the DYKWIA game.
Seems like all of that could have been avoided by moany/whiny person politely asking the person who put the bag above her seat if she wouldn't mind swapping bags and putting it above the 2-rows-back seat, to make it easier to deplane later?

Or failing, that, just move it back to the OH bin above the person that it belonged to? Putting a bag in the aisle like that is sure to start a nasty confrontation....
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Gold, DL Amex Platinum, Avis Preferred
I am on the DYKWIA charter flight right now

Always wonderful entertainment but this is just overload. I'm surprised they haven't dueled each other with their gold and platinum medallion cards yet. I was 2 of 15 on upgrade list with one seat left in F. I accepted my fate and as we were getting ready to board, the person in the first slot suddenly became second. This wasn't taken very well as the entire gate heard about his traveling endeavors and how he had a tie breaker over other flyers and reset the list. The FA of course asks for the new number 1 to approach for the upgrade. Now he's pacing between ec and F counting seats. At the exact same time the woman behind me in a volume louder than a PA system at a ball game is announcing large amounts of money be deposited to her account promptly.

I need a tequila.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by JoeStocks
Always wonderful entertainment but this is just overload. I'm surprised they haven't dueled each other with their gold and platinum medallion cards yet. I was 2 of 15 on upgrade list with one seat left in F. I accepted my fate and as we were getting ready to board, the person in the first slot suddenly became second. This wasn't taken very well as the entire gate heard about his traveling endeavors and how he had a tie breaker over other flyers and reset the list. The FA of course asks for the new number 1 to approach for the upgrade. Now he's pacing between ec and F counting seats. At the exact same time the woman behind me in a volume louder than a PA system at a ball game is announcing large amounts of money be deposited to her account promptly.

I need a tequila.
Make it a Gordon's.

Don't you know how very important these people are?
Old Sep 15, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
Kudos to the BOS A10 GA who turned back an exceptionally well dressed couple after trying to board early. Not once, but twice

Attempt 1: Pre-boarding called for those needing extra help (A10 uses the aircraft stairs).
Result 1: Politely denied and rerouted out of line w explanation as to the boarding procedure.

Attempt 2: FC called. They squeeze into the line very close to the GA.
Result 2: Again, turned away.

Woman is steamed and slaps down boarding passes and passports. Starts muttering something to the man and other GA manning console. Didn't see or hear anything else until they boarded.

They looked pretty unhappy making "the walk" aft though.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by jsbh
Kudos to the BOS A10 GA who turned back an exceptionally well dressed couple after trying to board early. Not once, but twice

Attempt 1: Pre-boarding called for those needing extra help (A10 uses the aircraft stairs).
Result 1: Politely denied and rerouted out of line w explanation as to the boarding procedure.

Attempt 2: FC called. They squeeze into the line very close to the GA.
Result 2: Again, turned away.

Woman is steamed and slaps down boarding passes and passports. Starts muttering something to the man and other GA manning console. Didn't see or hear anything else until they boarded.

They looked pretty unhappy making "the walk" aft though.
There could be a college-level anthropology course analyzing boarding routines. Far too many shameless and narcissistic grubs out there. It's fascinating to watch.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by jsbh
...an exceptionally well dressed couple ...
Woman is steamed and slaps down boarding passes and passports. Starts muttering something to the man and other GA manning console. ...
"Henry, don't they KNOW we're on our way to our 40th Anniversary cruise on the Seabourn Odyssey that's costing us $50,000? And if we don't get off the plane first we might not get on the shuttle first and get our pick of seats up front and then we might not get off the shuttle first and then we won't be at the front of the line to get on the ship and then our anniversary will be RUINED. RUINED, I say!!!!"

"Helen, shut up, you insufferable and miserable cow. I only told you we were flying first class to get the Seabourn to get you out of the house in a temporary and oh, so rare good mood. Everything I own is being packed up as we speak, I'm moving in with Sylvia the maid, your seat on this plane is row 38E, and I'm turning around to leave the airport right now because it's worth missing a $50,000 cruise to get you out of my life."
Old Sep 15, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: AMEX DL Reserve ✈ DL Diamond Medallion ✈ Marriott ✈ NWA
A couple of weeks ago we were in FLL and DTW and the GA was calling sections for boarding. There were several people attempting to board that wasn't there turn. (They all had the very large carry-ons that should be checked baggage).
and you'll see the people huff and puff.

The GA kept turning them away. She got on the overhead and kept saying not to come up unless your section is called.

It was so nice to see the GA stand her ground (She was very professional about it and firm).

I wish all GA would do this. I have sometimes First Class, Zone SKY and Zone PREM on my tickets. When they call our section I notice that people who have Zone 2 try to attempt to board with us. The GA states no it's not your turn to board, They try to sneak on.

People are so inpatient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.