Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2013, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aaronhurd
Pre-check appears to be working for Delta elites on Alaska Airlines now. I got the triple-beep on Anchorage this morning.

Delta SkyMiles Number, American Airlines ticket, Alaska coded and operated flight, Alaska boarding pass.

Anyone else had this work?
Thanks for that info.

Do you know if it works for us at SEA with Alaska issued tickets?
Old Aug 20, 2013, 4:33 pm

Location: Minneapolis, MN - At least that's where I receive mail...
Programs: DL (DM), AA (EP), SPG (Ambassador), HHonors (Gold)
Originally Posted by monitor
Thanks for that info.

Do you know if it works for us at SEA with Alaska issued tickets?
No clue. The only case that I tried it out with was what I posted above. You should try it and report back!
Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k,UA Silver,Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I've been TSA pre-check via Alaska for a couple years, and it works when I fly AS. Registered On Delta 3 months ago - Im GM- and fly DL often but I never get triple beeped on DL, anyone know how it takes to get cleared on DL?
Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aaronhurd
Pre-check appears to be working for Delta elites on Alaska Airlines now. I got the triple-beep on Anchorage this morning.
AFAIK, it has always worked. Tried it awhile back flying to SEA out of LAS just after the new terminal opened. The good news, got 3 beeps flying AS. The bad news, they didn't have any PreCheck set up there at that time.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by checkmater
I've been TSA pre-check via Alaska for a couple years, and it works when I fly AS. Registered On Delta 3 months ago - Im GM- and fly DL often but I never get triple beeped on DL, anyone know how it takes to get cleared on DL?
Many many cases reported here where the DL Secure Flight info does not match the ID. Check to make sure yours does, especially that the middle name (if used on your ID) is recorded properly in the SF data.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by jfulcher
So apparently IAH is going to open Precheck on 7/24. Does anyone know if we can use this if flying on DL? I saw mention of it only in Terminal C.

Could I clear TSA in C and get to the DL gates?
Yanking this forward as I didn't find any responses to it earlier. Anyone familiar with IAH and know if it's possible (and not an enormous PITA) to clear PreCheck in Terminal C and then get to the DL gates, which appear to be in Terminal A?

Even if it is possible, I'm guessing that if I'm checking a bag, I'd need to check in at A, go landside to C, and then transit airside back to A, right?

Thanks in advance. It's been a few years since I've gone through there.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 7:25 pm

On the TSA Pre-Check airport list for Atlanta it says:

Terminal E: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM

I have never heard of Terminal E and wonder why it is only open for an hour? Do they mean the International terminal? But again just an hour?

http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/tsa-...ng-airports#38
Old Aug 21, 2013, 8:53 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
AFAIK, it has always worked. Tried it awhile back flying to SEA out of LAS just after the new terminal opened. The good news, got 3 beeps flying AS. The bad news, they didn't have any PreCheck set up there at that time.
It is there (LAS) now. Makes sense - UA, Jet Blue, AS and Virgin America all fly out of T3. Only Delta and American are in T1.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 8:56 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
I got PreCheck but wife and nephew didn't at LAX. I checked in online and hotel printed BP but couldn't get emailed copies for others in time. Their BP's were printed at AF lounge in CDG. Bar codes looked different.

Should have printed new BP's for them at LAX.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 2:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Many many cases reported here where the DL Secure Flight info does not match the ID. Check to make sure yours does, especially that the middle name (if used on your ID) is recorded properly in the SF data.
Sounds like a YMMV situation.

Even when the middle name is on the IDs we use but it is not on the tickets/boarding passes we use, we are still getting PreCheck LLL outcomes by entering in the Known Traveler number for each of the passengers.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by puddinhead
It is there (LAS) now. Makes sense - UA, Jet Blue, AS and Virgin America all fly out of T3. Only Delta and American are in T1.
I don't know if this is actually true, but I did not have a boarding pass when I got to LAS recently, and when I mentioned to the agent that I had Pre-check, she said that if she printed my boarding pass, Pre-check wouldn't work (vs. it just not being on the bp), and told me to use the kiosk instead. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I don't know if this is actually true, but I did not have a boarding pass when I got to LAS recently, and when I mentioned to the agent that I had Pre-check, she said that if she printed my boarding pass, Pre-check wouldn't work (vs. it just not being on the bp), and told me to use the kiosk instead. Has anyone else experienced this?
I don't remember the specifics (international trip before they permitted Pre) as to why, but at LAX this past winter they noted a difference between agent and kiosk-printed/smartphone BPs for Pre-Check. I had an agent-printed one and they said I could go back to get the other one or use my phone; I did not do due to the international element of the reservation.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 7:06 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by rwoman
I don't remember the specifics (international trip before they permitted Pre) as to why, but at LAX this past winter they noted a difference between agent and kiosk-printed/smartphone BPs for Pre-Check. I had an agent-printed one and they said I could go back to get the other one or use my phone; I did not do due to the international element of the reservation.
I recall that there is (or was) some issue with agent-printed boarding passes not having "Precheck" on the boarding pass, but if you went to a kiosk it would print correctly. In this case, though, she said that Pre-check wouldn't work at all if she printed it, vs. it just not showing on the bp.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
At JFK, the agent said that the word wouldn't print. I had her print a duplicate boarding pass for me, and the magic "3" showed up, it just didn't say human-readable "Pre-Check".
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: Delta PM/CRC/AMEX
Declining DL TSA Precheck percentage

I've been a Delta PM for several years. I was automatically enrolled by Delta into the TSA precheck program. At first, I would get selected for precheck 90-95 percent of the time. Now, I get selected only 5-10 percent of the time. Is there any reason for this? I mainly fly between ATL and DTW.

Thanks,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.