Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

PHX to Germany-Low BE but High to Domestic Gateway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHX to Germany-Low BE but High to Domestic Gateway

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: DM-3MM, Marriott Platinum 4 Life, VFW-Life
Originally Posted by AndySAV
I agree with this post, check if coach is available for the domestic leg and book coach to gateway then BE to Germany, being gold there is a chance(slim) you will upgraded or keep checking first availability closer to departure, if it drops to low you can always stump up the $150 and change. I think Delta should allow a change of class of cabin for free or a reduced rate, it is a lot less work for the agent that changing the route or the dates of travel.
Thanks for the advice. Using the (broken) calendar and your advice and my patience, I was able to secure domestic legs at F (amazingly) ^and the J for TATL. Whew, what a ridiculous amount of time. I agree with your suggestion that Delta should allow a class of cabin change for free or reduced if you are able to change so that all legs of a trip are in the same award class.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: DM-3MM, Marriott Platinum 4 Life, VFW-Life
Originally Posted by flymonthly
If you can find low Y seats for PHX to the gateway, try pricing out the entire itinerary as multicity. As I noted in this thread, I was able to get delta.com to price out a low J award by finding a low Y award from the origin (ATL in that case) to the gateway city (MSP) and a low J award from the gateway (MSP) to NRT. Even though delta.com didn't show any low F availability for ATL-MSP-ATL, when I put everything together using multi-city, it priced the itinerary at 120k with all of the segments in F/J. The strange thing was that delta.com priced the exact same flights at 200k when I selected them after searching ATL-NRT round-trip.
Thank you! ^ This was the tedious, painful solution that allowed me to finally get a RT trip at 100k. Thank goodness for the multi-city capability and the sticky BE awards thread on this forum. I was even able to do an open jawed trip outbound to PRA and return from FRA. Golden

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.