FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PHX to Germany-Low BE but High to Domestic Gateway
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:46 am
rcsgeorgia

Programs: DM-3MM, Marriott Platinum 4 Life, VFW-Life
Originally Posted by flymonthly
If you can find low Y seats for PHX to the gateway, try pricing out the entire itinerary as multicity. As I noted in this thread, I was able to get delta.com to price out a low J award by finding a low Y award from the origin (ATL in that case) to the gateway city (MSP) and a low J award from the gateway (MSP) to NRT. Even though delta.com didn't show any low F availability for ATL-MSP-ATL, when I put everything together using multi-city, it priced the itinerary at 120k with all of the segments in F/J. The strange thing was that delta.com priced the exact same flights at 200k when I selected them after searching ATL-NRT round-trip.
Thank you! ^ This was the tedious, painful solution that allowed me to finally get a RT trip at 100k. Thank goodness for the multi-city capability and the sticky BE awards thread on this forum. I was even able to do an open jawed trip outbound to PRA and return from FRA. Golden