Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage issues at DEN

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2011, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Amex Platinum, Amex Platinum
Baggage issues at DEN

Flew JFK to DEN Wednesday evening on 2389. Flight left the gate on time but didn't depart until 50 minutes after scheduled departure time. Didn't have much of an issue with that since I figured we would make it up in the air. Due to snow in DEN we wound up in a holding pattern for abt 40 minutes. Ended up landing about 20 min late but didn't get to the gate for anpther 15 minutes or so. All fine given the snow...The wort part was baggage claim. We waited nearly 60 minutes for bags to start coming out and most baggage didn't show up for another hour. All in all it took abt 2 hours from arrival to get our bags. Do you all think this is a reason to complain?

Happy holidays!
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:24 am

Programs: Ham Sandwich Medallion
I've never waited longer than 15 minutes for bags to start appearing in DEN. Reason to complain? Up to you, but it's definitely a one-off for that airport.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Hawkest
Flew JFK to DEN Wednesday evening on 2389. Flight left the gate on time but didn't depart until 50 minutes after scheduled departure time. Didn't have much of an issue with that since I figured we would make it up in the air. Due to snow in DEN we wound up in a holding pattern for abt 40 minutes. Ended up landing about 20 min late but didn't get to the gate for anpther 15 minutes or so. All fine given the snow...The wort part was baggage claim. We waited nearly 60 minutes for bags to start coming out and most baggage didn't show up for another hour. All in all it took abt 2 hours from arrival to get our bags. Do you all think this is a reason to complain?

Happy holidays!
Being a former ramper from a snowy city, please understand that snow makes everything on the ground take longer, you have to be careful so that you don't slip on the ground while unloading bags (try walking on a ramp covered in deicing fluid- we should have that at the next DO) and airports are mazes with complex twist and turns all over them, and driving a tug, which sorry to disappoint but it isn't a 4x4, through it is hard, and with 3 or 4 baggage carts is very hard. I've jackknifed a parade of carts before and almost taken out a supervisor at US Airways doing so. Plus it's the holidays, so everything is busy and backed up... I'd just chalk this one up to it being the holidays in a snow storm, and I don't think complaining or getting any compensation would do anybody any good.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Amex Platinum, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by skoker
Being a former ramper from a snowy city, please understand that snow makes everything on the ground take longer, you have to be careful so that you don't slip on the ground while unloading bags (try walking on a ramp covered in deicing fluid- we should have that at the next DO) and airports are mazes with complex twist and turns all over them, and driving a tug, which sorry to disappoint but it isn't a 4x4, through it is hard, and with 3 or 4 baggage carts is very hard. I've jackknifed a parade of carts before and almost taken out a supervisor at US Airways doing so. Plus it's the holidays, so everything is busy and backed up... I'd just chalk this one up to it being the holidays in a snow storm, and I don't think complaining or getting any compensation would do anybody any good.
That's what I'll do. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.