Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Not Thrilled With a Remark by a DM Agent Tonight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not Thrilled With a Remark by a DM Agent Tonight

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:32 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by oh912flyer
Wow.

AFAIAC, a flight cancelation is IROPS, regardless of the reason for the cancelation. DL honors ORC requests for these situations.

OP: yes, agent's remark was uncalled for, especially for someone on the Diamond line.
The agent's remark was uncalled for. Period. The clause at the end is not necessary. DMs earn special privileges and benefits, but everyone, regardless of status, is entitled to courtesy from the agents.

That said, it's a busy and demanding time of year. The OP should certainly get the ORC, but I hope he won't report one dismissive remark from an agent who was probably tired and stressed.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz Gold
I know its off topic but why every time I come on here, someone has to argue or just be a complete a-hole to the OP. It starting to get old really fast. If you nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

Last edited by PDX1130; Dec 20, 2011 at 12:42 pm
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:46 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
That said, it's a busy and demanding time of year. The OP should certainly get the ORC, but I hope he won't report one dismissive remark from an agent who was probably tired and stressed.
Nooooooo!!! Absolutely not planning to report her! Worse thingz have happened to me than this! It takes way more than this to rattle me! I just thought it was a little strange, plus, the rest of my issues were handled flawlessly, including getting a supervisor override from on a TATL BE award from "MEDIUM" to "LOW" due to <yet another> schedule change causing a misconnect.

As to the post above that suggested that I could have taken a different routing to increase the miles - - - Originally routed ATL/MSP/PIT. I did think about asking for something like ATL/DTW/PIT or ATL/JFK/PIT, but, I wasn't sure how I could explain why I wanted to do this!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
I really like the use of exclamation points.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 1:37 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Deadtail
I really like the use of exclamation points.
I'm not really sure if you're being serious, or sarcastic, but it's just the way I type - force of habit!?!?!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by davetravels
As to the post above that suggested that I could have taken a different routing to increase the miles - - - Originally routed ATL/MSP/PIT. I did think about asking for something like ATL/DTW/PIT or ATL/JFK/PIT, but, I wasn't sure how I could explain why I wanted to do this!
Last year had a MCO-RDU flt that got canceled. Called the DM line and got it re-booked for MCO-DTW-RDU. Not in any hurry that day and could use the extra miles. Biggest surprise was that it was a legitimate connection. As long as it meets that criteria, that's all the DL needs to know, but you may have to point out the route to them. Typically they will assume all you want is the shortest or quickest route which, of course, satisfies most pax. But then, those pax are not FTers.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 8:28 pm

Recently, I had the good fortune to reissue a ticket with one of the most capable agents in my 2M miles of travel. I was amazed to find that she truly did not appreciate the complexity and value of MQMs to our community of elites. That was just not part of her training. I would cut ticket agents some slack on MQM issues. Those at DL with full appreciation of MQM currency are marketers, accountants, etc., but they don't issue tickets.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
well, your topic was that your not happy with what the DM agent said, so I will attempt a reply at that.

Sure, probably not the smartest thing for an agent to say, however, if your like me and have more miles then god, it probably seemed pointless to the agent that you'd want a mere 1,000 more miles added onto your already palatial account. Again, not trying to defend the agent, but in the grand scheme of things, probably so minor in the realm of making complaints, that I would probably forget about this one and save it for a more egragarious complaint.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by exwannabe
I really think people should stop bugging Kevin P. on such. For a promo issue, he is a great resource. Let us not abuse his good nature.

Why not try tweeting dlassist? They seam fairly good on chasing down what's up in the bowels of DL IT.

And do you really need the MQMs? If not I could use them :-)
If you contact KP, he responds, and he earns and is given a JWD cert I have no problem with folks contacting him often.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 3:37 am

Programs: Ham Sandwich Medallion
Once again, as long as we're on the topic of MQMs, I got another response to my original routing credit concern and was told that ORCs are given for IDBs only. VDBs do not receive ORC at all. As a "one-time exception", I was given the ORC for my route this time.

So let me get this straight: vouchers can no longer be combined (removing one of my main incentives for bumping), and if I get rerouted from a longer itinerary to a shorter one, I get no credit for the lost MQMs? Someone remind me what incentive there is left to bump...
Old Dec 28, 2011, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, QR Silver, AC 50K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oh912flyer
Wow.

AFAIAC, a flight cancelation is IROPS, regardless of the reason for the cancelation. DL honors ORC requests for these situations.
I had to be rebooked on flights that netted ~1000 less MQM due to IRROPs (flight crew rest delay). I used the complaint form on Delta.com whilst at the originating airport (or Delta.dumb, whatever you want to call it), and used the original routing credit line. Delta's customer service just emailed me back and told me I was a out of luck for ORC.

Has Delta's policy changed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.