Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Not Thrilled With a Remark by a DM Agent Tonight

Old Dec 19, 2011, 6:32 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver

I called mainly to straighten out a misconnect due to a schedule change for a trip in April, and cancel another award ticket. While I was on the phone, I brought up a recent minor situation. . . .

On my way home from MTY, my original itienrary was to overnight (by choice) in ATL, then ATL/MSP/PIT. The evening MSP/PIT was eliminated on Saturday, so, the Delta auto rebooker put me on a nonstop ATL/PIT. I asked about credit for 1106 MQMs + RDM. The agent said . . . .

Mr. DaveTravels, "Do you really need them"?

I said, WHAT? With rollover, yes, I do! I paid the airport taxes, so I should be entitled to them!

She claims that she put in a request. No entries have shown up yet. I was contemplating contacting KP, but, I know it really isn't his dept, so, I figured I'd see what happens this way before I eMail him.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by davetravels

She claims that she put in a request. No entries have shown up yet. I was contemplating contacting KP, but, I know it really isn't his dept, so, I figured I'd see what happens this way before I eMail him.
I really think people should stop bugging Kevin P. on such. For a promo issue, he is a great resource. Let us not abuse his good nature.

Why not try tweeting dlassist? They seam fairly good on chasing down what's up in the bowels of DL IT.

And do you really need the MQMs? If not I could use them :-)
Old Dec 19, 2011, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by exwannabe
I really think people should stop bugging Kevin P. on such. For a promo issue, he is a great resource. Let us not abuse his good nature.

Why not try tweeting dlassist? They seam fairly good on chasing down what's up in the bowels of DL IT.

And do you really need the MQMs? If not I could use them :-)
Well, that's why I said I wasn't planning to bother him - at least at this point. I would like to give him a JWDcert, as I was out of them last year, so I thought I might mention this, if I can't get it resolved another way.

To be honest, I simply haven't been able to figure "Twitter" out!

As to the thread title, I probably should've said - "Surprised", instead of "Not Thrilled". I was a tad heated when I typed it!

Now, as to turning over the MQMs to you - - - Just PM me your account # and password!!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:00 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I usually use the contact us form on Delta.com to request original routing credit. That seems to work the best.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTT
I usually use the contact us form on Delta.com to request original routing credit. That seems to work the best.
I tried to enter my ticket numbers online on the page "Airline Mileage Credit Request Form", but, it doesn't work. I think since the ticket was reissued, all the segments were used. Is there some other way to do it?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I tried to enter my ticket numbers online on the page "Airline Mileage Credit Request Form", but, it doesn't work. I think since the ticket was reissued, all the segments were used. Is there some other way to do it?
Just make a generic comment, no need to use the request form. Be sure to use the phrase "original routing credit" mentioned by TTT.

And leave out the irrelevant part about airport taxes.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (DM+); HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
An idea...

If you have it, check the original email receipt when you booked the ticket. It should have the original ticket number. Try using that for the online credit request since it was your original routing.

Haven't needed to try this personally, so let us know if this work-around actually works.

Good luck!!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bennos
Just make a generic comment, no need to use the request form. Be sure to use the phrase "original routing credit" mentioned by TTT.

Yes, I'm quite familiar with the term - ORC!

I guess I'll hafto give it a few days, now, since I called, and she claims she put in a request for it. Didn't it used to show up as a zero entry with "Pending Internal Processing"?

Also, any comments as to the remark she made? That's mostly what I was posting about! It's a little tacky for a DM agent, don't you think?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Crackerpup
If you have it, check the original email receipt when you booked the ticket. It should have the original ticket number. Try using that for the online credit request since it was your original routing.

Haven't needed to try this personally, so let us know if this work-around actually works.

Good luck!!
I did that, but, I now realize that I was using the wrong 006 by mistake. I'll hafto try it again!

Ok, the original ticket number with the extra segment, I get - - No activity for requested ticket.

The reissued ticket, I get - - All segment have been processed.

Last edited by davetravels; Dec 19, 2011 at 7:56 pm
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:31 pm

On my way home from MTY, my original itienrary was to overnight (by choice) in ATL, then ATL/MSP/PIT. The evening MSP/PIT was eliminated on Saturday, so, the Delta auto rebooker put me on a nonstop ATL/PIT. I asked about credit for 1106 MQMs + RDM. The agent said . . . .
If this wasnt IROPS, and instead, a permanent schedule change, I'm failing to see why you think you are entitled to those MQM's/RDM's. Yes, you purchased it thinking you were going to get "x" amount of MQM's - but now that they no longer offer that flight, I'm sure you have other routing options available to you to make up some of those missed MQM's if you should so desire (ATL-DTW/MEM/JFK-PIT?)...but at the end of the day, you purchased that flight (or should have) to get to point A-B.

I said, WHAT? With rollover, yes, I do! I paid the airport taxes, so I should be entitled to them!
Since when does paying airport taxes entitle you to mileage credit?!?! You're due a refund for those taxes, and thats it.

As far as I know, this isnt KP's department or issue - don't bother him with that. Do it the old fashioned way, via Delta.com. If they deny it, you can either push it up the chain and send them a letter via snail mail, or you can do what most other people do on here, complain about it some more on FT and then let it go. You arent being screwed over here due to mechanical irops or VDB/IDB....so while it sucks that you wont be getting the MQM's you originally thought, you arent going to get much sympathy either.

And given your situation - the comments of the DM agent werent tacky, but probably spot on. Again, you arent "entitled" to any of those MQM's...so I'm sure she was probably wondering why you were asking.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
And given your situation - the comments of the DM agent werent tacky, but probably spot on. Again, you arent "entitled" to any of those MQM's...so I'm sure she was probably wondering why you were asking.
Wow! You're brutal! I don't really think my tone was a sense of entitlement! My call was about another issue. While she was on the phone, I simply thought I'd ask about this, to see if it was something they could pop in easily! If I can't get it - so be it!

As to the routing, the only way I could've gotten the same routing, would've been to leave something like 3 or 4 hours earlier, and lose my entire day in ATL, so that wasn't an option.

Now, back to my ORIGINAL thought - - I simply thought that the remark by the agent was just a tad out of kilter, compared to the way I have always been treated, as DM or PM! You disagree! Thanx for your opinion!

edited to add . . . . I think, if she would have said, something like: Mr DaveTravels, due to a schedule change, you're really not entitled to the miles. I would have accepted that. But - - "Do you really NEED those miles"? Wow!

Dave
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: Ham Sandwich Medallion
Originally Posted by bennos

As long as we're on the topic, let's say someone volunteers to bump and it results in a new (shorter) routing. The GA tells this person that they'll keep their original MQMs. Upon checking after the flight, the MQMs were given for the shorter routing instead, and after asking for the original routing credit, this person is effectively told by Delta to pound sand, as original routing credit is not given if you remain on DL metal.

Push the issue?
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by T.J. Bender
As long as we're on the topic, let's say someone volunteers to bump and it results in a new (shorter) routing. The GA tells this person that they'll keep their original MQMs. Upon checking after the flight, the MQMs were given for the shorter routing instead, and after asking for the original routing credit, this person is effectively told by Delta to pound sand, as original routing credit is not given if you remain on DL metal.

Push the issue?
Yes, IME DL will generally give ORC for VDB.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
If this wasnt IROPS, and instead, a permanent schedule change, I'm failing to see why you think you are entitled to those MQM's/RDM's. Yes, you purchased it thinking you were going to get "x" amount of MQM's - but now that they no longer offer that flight, I'm sure you have other routing options available to you to make up some of those missed MQM's if you should so desire (ATL-DTW/MEM/JFK-PIT?)...but at the end of the day, you purchased that flight (or should have) to get to point A-B.
Wow.

AFAIAC, a flight cancelation is IROPS, regardless of the reason for the cancelation. DL honors ORC requests for these situations.

OP: yes, agent's remark was uncalled for, especially for someone on the Diamond line.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York

I'm always amazed at the lengths people on FT will go to to argue with an OP. The OP booked the flight. DL eliminated it and put him on a less convenient flight (as far as the OP was concerned). This one isn't even close.

And yes, the DM agent's were tacky. As a DM, the OP is a valuable customer and the DM line is there to service those customers. The DM agent managed to waste time and annoy a customer over something that was Delta's fault. The proper response would have been, "I'm sorry, Mr. Davetravels, let me credit your account right away. You'll see those MQM in a few days. Thank you for your business."

Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.