Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Voucher Change Starting 15 DEC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by OnTimePlease
Seeking advice and this seemed to be the closest relevant thread:

I have 2 - $400 VDB vouchers pre 12/15. One is in my name and the other is in my daughters name. I would like to buy three RT domestic US tickets to visit family. I would like to apply my daughters voucher to her ticket, mine to my wifes ticket, and pay for my ticket outright to potentially avoid missing DM by 5K (or less) MQM's. Let's also just say that by some lucky twist of fate they don't fight me on assigning the pre 12/15 voucher to my wife:

If I can book all three of us on the same PNR (I have PM status and looking at a great deal on L bucket tickets) my gals would get EC seats with me correct? I would also get my MQM's correct?

Would it be better to book them on a different PNR and call to link them later? If I do this, are we out of luck on the EC seats?

Any other thoughts on a best approach strategy? Thanks in advance!
It is highly unlikely they will book you on a single PNR. I had a similar issue and was told they couldn't do it. I was able to get the agent to assign my daughter to a preferred seat with me, Non-EC though.

See Here and Here for more info.

Whether you pay for your ticket with the voucher or with cash, you will get your MQMs.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 7:57 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
A data point.

If you use a pre 12/15 eCert assignable to anyone, and cancel your ticket in 24 hours, your "refund" is an eCert only usable by yourself.

So much for refunding to "original form of payment".
Old Mar 20, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Dia, IHG Plat, Wyndham Dia, Southwest Companion Pass, Raddison Gold, Frontier 100K
Ugh, just got hit with this. I redeemed a Cert on Dec. 14th just to avoid this issue. Turns out it got used (accidentally or stolen, the Delta agent gave me a different name whose account it was from to a different traveler, so I am not entirely sure)

Anyway, I was issued two additional vouchers to cover the amount (the agent said his supervisor could only issue max $300. So now I am stuck with 2 vouchers that are now post 12/15/11 terms.

He would not let me speak to the supervisor and advised that if I contacted the customer care center they might be able to combine and assign the pre-12/15 terms.

I've sent a TTU requesting the full amount and pre-12/15 terms ... we will see how they reply. My guess is that I will get the original amount in a single voucher, but that it will take too much effort to get the original terms. Thanks Delta.

Update: I reached corporate customer care and recieved an agent with a Very condescending tone bordering on nasty who continued to repeat the terms of "any voucher issued after ...." even though she knew I knew the new policy .... no apology for my trouble or for the fact that I was getting a much less valuable instrument. Even in a situation where they think you are wrong, a decent customer service agent should be able to sympathize with the customer. The call left me as frustrated as I have been with Delta.

Bottom line, she combined the 2 vouchers, but nothing could be done about the transferability / combinability.

Last edited by indual; Mar 23, 2012 at 2:04 pm Reason: Added an Update after follow on call.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 7:30 pm

Programs: Skyteam
I just tried to book 4 tickets together, I can't use the evoucher.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
So DL can program code to prevent using more than 1 but can't change the T&C???
Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:38 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by indual
Ugh, just got hit with this. I redeemed a Cert on Dec. 14th just to avoid this issue. Turns out it got used (accidentally or stolen, the Delta agent gave me a different name whose account it was from to a different traveler, so I am not entirely sure)

Anyway, I was issued two additional vouchers to cover the amount (the agent said his supervisor could only issue max $300. So now I am stuck with 2 vouchers that are now post 12/15/11 terms.

He would not let me speak to the supervisor and advised that if I contacted the customer care center they might be able to combine and assign the pre-12/15 terms.

I've sent a TTU requesting the full amount and pre-12/15 terms ... we will see how they reply. My guess is that I will get the original amount in a single voucher, but that it will take too much effort to get the original terms. Thanks Delta.
I wouldn't hold out hope for this. I had a similar situation when I used a pre-12/15 voucher to book a flight from MCO-DCA for my wife. When Delta dropped the direct flight and wanted her to connect, she couldn't make it work with her schedule in court that day, so I asked to have it refunded to the original voucher. I proactively asked to have it backdated and escalated the request to a supervisor on the DM line but to no avail. I submitted a complaint to the DOT on this, as Delta forced us to cancel the flight but slapped additional restrictions on the voucher used.

Definitely let us know if you get it to reflect the old T&C.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: HHonors Dia, IHG Plat, Wyndham Dia, Southwest Companion Pass, Raddison Gold, Frontier 100K
Originally Posted by Deemus7
Definitely let us know if you get it to reflect the old T&C.
I updated my post above, bottom line no dice on getting the old T&C or alternate compensation.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA (new!) Silver, AA Hater, Marriott Down to Gold, Hilton grunt
Want to see my shocked face
Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
So is this just slimy from DL or not. When you go to use your ECV's online you can select them from your profile.

When you select the first ECV a window pops up indicating that only those combinable will be selectable via highlight. After clicking ok the box closes and it appears you can use the other ECV's as they are selectable. But when you click on the other ECV (so both have checkmark boxes checked) and then click continue Dl.dumb takes the SMALLER of the two ECV's and only applies one.

I love how DL does everything to cheat us.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: Delta PM & 2.4M+ Miles - Bonvoy - Lifetime Titanium - DL AMEX Reserve
Surprised by new e-certificate T's & C's

Went to use a couple of my e-certificates and found out it appears DL changed the terms of the e-certs starting Dec 15, 2011

"A maximum of one voucher per passenger may be applied and used on one ticket. Paper vouchers cannot be redeemed online"

Ha - now I will have to buy two DL tickets to use them up. Oh well, still a discount.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 11:34 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
When were these e-certs issued? If prior to December 15, 2011 you can use them under the old T&Cs. Also, if they were originally handed to you as paper certs (for example, because of a VDB), and the paper certs had the old T&Cs printed on them (as they apparently still do according to many field reports), then you are legally entitled to use them under the T&Cs printed on those paper certificates.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 11:39 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by GregInMN
Ha - now I will have to buy two DL tickets to use them up. Oh well, still a discount.
Java beat me to it - while I was hunting for the above thread. It's nearly 400 posts!

Personally, I feel the same way you do - A credit is a credit. I'll nearly always take it. Many posts in that thread were people saying that this is the final straw, and that they are going to leave Delta. Go figure!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 8:34 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I thought I had this figured out but trying to redeem two VDB vouchers yesterday left me puzzled. Two things happened that I was not expecting.

The first: I was trying to use VDB vouchers to apply to a personal ticket for my wife and me. I took both of these bumps on work travel. My corp TA issues my tickets as FIRSTMIDDLE LAST so that is how the VDB vouchers printed out. My SkyMiles account has FIRST M LAST. The system would not let me select the VDB vouchers because the names didn't match? I had to book the ticket as FIRSTMIDDLE LAST while not logged to the site in and then add my SkyMiles number to the reservation. Am I missing something here or is that how it works now?

Second, the reservation I was booking was for my wife and me. Once I figured out the above issue I applied one voucher to myself and then reassigned it to my wife. When I went in to apply the second voucher to me none of my VDB vouchers were selectable as the names didn't match. I had to select the eCert that did not have a name associated with it to apply.

So I guess the two lessons learned (and please correct me if I am wrong).
  1. Names need to match exactly
  2. One can not reassign named VDB vouchers to others in the party (or was I doing this incorrectly)
Old Apr 16, 2012, 5:36 am

Programs: SkyMiles PM
problem transferring vouchers when booking online

Originally Posted by TTT
One can not reassign named VDB vouchers to others in the party (or was I doing this incorrectly)
I had a problem last week when booking a reservation for four. I wanted to use one voucher per person. Call them persons A, B, C, and D. A had two vouchers, B had one voucher, and C had one voucher. Even under the new rules I should be able to do this.

However once I had applied one of A's vouchers to D I could not select any more vouchers online.

Since I have enough status to do business on the phone with Delta without being charged extra (if this were not the case I would have been much more annoyed) I did not waste any more time online, I just picked up the phone and called. The first agent I got was able to complete the reservation as I had wanted without a hitch.

For what that's worth.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by TTT
I thought I had this figured out but trying to redeem two VDB vouchers yesterday left me puzzled. Two things happened that I was not expecting.

The first: I was trying to use VDB vouchers to apply to a personal ticket for my wife and me. I took both of these bumps on work travel. My corp TA issues my tickets as FIRSTMIDDLE LAST so that is how the VDB vouchers printed out. My SkyMiles account has FIRST M LAST. The system would not let me select the VDB vouchers because the names didn't match? I had to book the ticket as FIRSTMIDDLE LAST while not logged to the site in and then add my SkyMiles number to the reservation. Am I missing something here or is that how it works now?

Second, the reservation I was booking was for my wife and me. Once I figured out the above issue I applied one voucher to myself and then reassigned it to my wife. When I went in to apply the second voucher to me none of my VDB vouchers were selectable as the names didn't match. I had to select the eCert that did not have a name associated with it to apply.

So I guess the two lessons learned (and please correct me if I am wrong).
  1. Names need to match exactly
  2. One can not reassign named VDB vouchers to others in the party (or was I doing this incorrectly)
I had the same EXACT issue here. (corp travel with middle name on voucher and only middle initial in skymiles account ). I called into the diamond line to redeem it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.