Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FT Meet Up-MSP-Interested?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2011, 8:35 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Thanks twoner32 for the update.

Originally Posted by MSP-MN
I'm in, and would like to help out, if needed.

Here is another location suggestion. I stayed at the Hyatt Place a few years ago and as I recall, it was great. It has a free shuttle to/from MSP and the Mall of America, as well as a meeting room. I've never been to a DO and don't really know what it entails, but here is the website if anyone is interested.

http://minneapolisairport.place.hyat.../hotels/place/
Thanks for your suggestion. I have stayed there but most of our meetups have been centered around a meal. Hyatt Place doesn't have a restaurant. But it definitely is a possibility for people to stay at if they are flying in and need lodging.

Originally Posted by MSPDeltaDude
Not sure how far we want to push this out, but any interest in a group twins game?

Able to take LR from MSP right to the game.....
cliburn and I have been throwing some PM's back and forth and this might be a good idea. I was actually thinking March since January is almost upon us (hard to plan on short notice and hard for anyone flying in to have enough time to find a good airfare) and February just doesn't work for me (not that the date has to center around me, but I was talking with cliburn in October about helping to plan it, then with twoner32).

There is a Saturday afternoon Twins game April 14th vs. Texas Rangers. So people could decide if they want to attend the game and/or maybe a dinner that night.

Any thoughts from anyone else? If we at least "hold the date" we can figure out the details in the coming weeks.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 6:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Except for the very end of the month, March is looking impossible for me.

I think we should stick with late January instead of pushing this back to baseball season. Unless someone wants to volunteer their suite, it would be hard to manage the logistics of getting a block of tickets without making folks commit and pay fr in advance, which is likely to be hard for many who travel a lot.

The restaurant where we did the Farewell to Worldperks drinks and dinner, IIRC at the airport Radisson with a small waterpark, seemed to work well for the FT group. It had an airport shuttle and free parking as well as a bunch other brands of airport hotels nearby.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I think we should stick with late January instead of pushing this back to baseball season. Unless someone wants to volunteer their suite, it would be hard to manage the logistics of getting a block of tickets without making folks commit and pay fr in advance, which is likely to be hard for many who travel a lot.
Well the logistics really isn't that bad....

I have blocked a group of 25 tickets that don't need to be paid for until March 16 and I can cancel them for free anytime between now and then.

Game is at noon. I'm just throwin this option out there. Ticket cost would be around $25 per ticket. I'm willing to handle this. People could pay me by paypal or check prior to March 16 and if there was any leftover tickets at that time I would give them to family or friends.

I'm also open still to a meet up end of Jan as well.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I'm interested as well, if it's a weekend I'm around (not the two middle ones in Jan, maybe not the last either, some of Feb and March also booked).
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:17 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPDeltaDude
Well the logistics really isn't that bad....

I have blocked a group of 25 tickets that don't need to be paid for until March 16 and I can cancel them for free anytime between now and then.

Game is at noon. I'm just throwin this option out there. Ticket cost would be around $25 per ticket. I'm willing to handle this. People could pay me by paypal or check prior to March 16 and if there was any leftover tickets at that time I would give them to family or friends.

I'm also open still to a meet up end of Jan as well.
The main reason I like the baseball game idea is that it gives one more option for people to do something together. For anyone flying in, it gives more than just a meal together that evening.

The main reason I wonder about January is that it is only about 4 weeks ago. Might be harder for some to plan. But then, maybe not.

But I am willing to go with anything.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:03 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For the sake of setting a date and going forward, a couple of us have decided on an April date:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...14-2012-a.html

Someone can certainly add a January date too if they want for another meet up but this will at least get things rolling, best said by Etereve:

Originally Posted by Etereve
Trying to steer the conversation toward a date, any date.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:17 pm

Anyone still meeting in MSP?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by lochquel
Anyone still meeting in MSP?
Four years later, I bet that meeting has wrapped up.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:47 pm

I think they're waiting for you!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:50 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
We did wait as long as possible for stragglers to show up at the dinner.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
There's a meetup on Sept 21
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by batmandds
There's a meetup on Sept 21
Details?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:04 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I'm in the Porsche right now, but, the driver can't find it!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:07 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by davetravels
I'm in the Porsche right now, but, the driver can't find it!
For every mile the Porsche drives you should get a mqm plus a 50% bonus.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:22 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by dzflyer
For every mile the Porsche drives you should get a mqm plus a 50% bonus.
Well, the last post in this thread was Dec 20, 2011, and we've been lookin' for it since then, so, how many miles is that?!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.