Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redeeming SkyMiles on Korean Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2011, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by AeoNKiNG
Truth. I called 4 times and was quoted 360,000 miles 4 times. Then I finally got the CSA to get me KE availability and it was about a third as many miles as it was on DL. This is JFK-ICN-SE Asia-ICN-JFK
I had a similar experience when I booked my tickets a few months ago. We're flying JFK-ICN-BKK-ICN-JFK next month and on Delta metal it was starting at 175,000 each for economy (going through NRT). Instead I had them price out KE flights and we got them for 240,000 total for two in Prestige. Now thats a good way to use your miles...
Old Dec 19, 2011, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by TechMarauder
Here's a general question for Korean redemption.

I'd like to do LAX-ICN-AKL-SYD-ICN-LAX. Is this possible using KE on everything except AKL-SYD? (Thinking VA for the AKL-SYD route)
A couple months back, the VA rep here indicated to me via PM that at the moment, you need a VA or DL long-haul sector to get the short-haul (domestic and trans-Tasman) VA/DJ flights on your award. It might work if you did LAX-ICN-AKL on KE and then AKL-SYD-LAX on VA/DJ. Should cut the YQ down by at least half, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.