Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Concourse F

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:30 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
For international transfers, it would not be sufficient to design support into F, they would also need a major re-work of E. Presently E has a signficant number of domestic flights. Likely they would have to pick some number of gates and have them access a domestic departure/arrival hall , which would be a portion of the present E upper level (and ideally they would be switchable D/I to avoid effective loss of gates).

Obviously this is doable, but the relatively low international transfer pax would make it cost prohibative (even if CBP/TSA/Homeland Insecuirty were to allow it).
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:41 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Thanks for the report!

On a side note, the carpet is ugly!
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL, AA, US, SWA
Originally Posted by DiscoPapa
Great pictures, thanks for posting!!
The Concourse looks sort of like ROC.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:30 pm

MARTA access

How will people get from concourse f to the MARTA station? Will we still have to recheck our bags and go through the normal terminal or will there be an outside routing that's not within the secure area?

Thanks for the photos and info. Its great to see the progress finally being made.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:33 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by Autolycus
How will people get from concourse f to the MARTA station? Will we still have to recheck our bags and go through the normal terminal or will there be an outside routing that's not within the secure area?

Thanks for the photos and info. Its great to see the progress finally being made.
Shuttle busses will connect the new terminal with the existing transport facilites.

What I do not know is if they will have some direct/fast path though the airport, or will they circle around on the city streets (which would be bad).

EDIT: I hope you would have the re-check/re-screen option if desired.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL PM Reserve
Originally Posted by exwannabe
Shuttle busses will connect the new terminal with the existing transport facilites.

What I do not know is if they will have some direct/fast path though the airport, or will they circle around on the city streets (which would be bad).

EDIT: I hope you would have the re-check/re-screen option if desired.
It will be a shuttle bus routed around the North of the airport property (on Loop Road).
Old Nov 15, 2011, 9:05 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, Hilton GoldMarriott Titanium
Originally Posted by exwannabe
For international transfers, it would not be sufficient to design support into F, they would also need a major re-work of E. Presently E has a signficant number of domestic flights. Likely they would have to pick some number of gates and have them access a domestic departure/arrival hall , which would be a portion of the present E upper level (and ideally they would be switchable D/I to avoid effective loss of gates).

Obviously this is doable, but the relatively low international transfer pax would make it cost prohibative (even if CBP/TSA/Homeland Insecuirty were to allow it).
As far as I know DHS mandates the separation of uninspected arriving passengers and departed passengers. The wikipedia article on GUM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio...tional_Airport) talks about how that airport was designed with only way out being through immigration and how that was an issue in the post-9/11 world briefly.

Back on topic...the new Concourse F is looking really nice! Hopefully there are even more picutres that come in as we get closer to the opening date.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 9:09 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Berto
Back on topic...the new Concourse F is looking really nice! Hopefully there are even more picutres that come in as we get closer to the opening date.
There are plenty more photographs where that came from...

...and either atldlff or I will post them here.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 10:00 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, Hilton GoldMarriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Canarsie
There are plenty more photographs where that came from...

...and either atldlff or I will post them here.
Excellent! I will keep my eyes open then.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by fti
Some US airports had that, MIA in particular, before 9/11. They were taken away since then.
This is correct. LAX in the Bradley Terminal allowed transit of passengers between European countries and the south Pacific. That ended after 9/11 and totally screwed up the timing of such flight connections.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 10:24 pm

How will this change DL international departures originating in ATL and DL international arrivals into ATL?

It sounds like there will be a DL check-in at F, and DL will use F gates (originally I heard the plan was for non-SkyTeam airlines to use F, and SkyTeam to use E).

Also, it sounds like the immigration and customs faciliites currently in E are moving to facilities in F. If one is exiting from the main terminal building, that is even more of a haul from F to the main terminal than it was from E.

If the various park-and-ride operators also pick up from F, it will be less of a problem.

Honestly, it would have been better if ATL had created a large customs hall underneath the main terminal, and as international traffic grew beyond the T concourse's capacity, turned concourse A into an international concourse and put sterile underground walkways between A and the main concourse.

But hindsight is 20/20.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:46 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by 14940674
I thought the UK had exit checks, just like the rest of Europe. It certainly does at LHR T5, where you go through an immigration checkpoint before security when departing. I thought this was the case at all other UK airports as well.
I live in London, and LHR is my home airport. There are no exit checks in the UK. The UK is not part of the Schengen zone, so we're not subject to exit checks like most Schengen countries. (Apparently not all of them have exit checks, since I've flown out of Spain without getting an exit stamp or passport check.) Occasionally, the UKBA will set up random exit checks at the airports. I encountered one last month at LHR T4. However, the agent barely looked at my photo page. She saw a zillion UK stamps and just waved me on without even finding my visa. Normally, you just get your BP scanned and proceed to security without needing to produce a passport until you get to the gate to board. Sounds like you might have encountered one of the random checkpoints at T5, as it's definitely not part of the standard protocol at any airport or any terminal. Even when taking the Eurostar to Paris, you just get checked by the French Border Patrol at St. Pancras. On the return, you get stamped out by the French and then the UKBA stamps you into the UK at a counter about 10 feet behind.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
Good to hear the new Concourse F is coming along really well. Thanks for posting the pictures! ^
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
no moving walkways in F?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:55 am

Programs: DM/3MM
8 showers in the new SC is a huge improvement for ATL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.