Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Sky Club™ Guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Sky Club™ Guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2014, 3:38 pm

I can't believe no one's mentioned the Sky Deck at the Concourse F yet! I've spent the day writing reviews for my site of the Sky Clubs in T, A (both), C and F now, and F is far and away my favorite because of the Sky Deck. The weather in ATL has been gorgeous up to this point, and it's a really nicely furnished patio with good views of the runway, control tower and many gates. Here are some pictures I took:

Old Feb 24, 2014, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by stunna1212
if you had to pick one, regadrless of departure gate, what's the best overall SC?
Similar question - has anyone tried to rank a list of the best lounges in order, so the uninitiated can say "OK, if I'm into pier C and out of pier E, which lounge should I use?"
Old Feb 24, 2014, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pointsaway
I can't believe no one's mentioned the Sky Deck at the Concourse F yet!
That's because there's an existing dedicated thread -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-sky-deck.html
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
Thanks for posting all these!!
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:25 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Used the Sky Deck at F today for the first time and was of course very much enjoying the views and fresh air and all, but wow is the Wifi out there terrible. I was the only one using it outside and the Club is quite empty yet it was next to unusable, I came back inside to use my laptop.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Just in case anyone is looking, I'm at ATL T SC right now and restrooms are closed for renovations. On a conference call so I haven't gotten a chance to ask when they will reopen, but there are very nice signs directing people to the restrooms at gates T4 and T6.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I used the D12 Skyclub for my first time this year, it was until recently a United Club and before that a President's Club. I was a little disappointed they kept the old CO furniture in the middle of the club instead of replacing it with chairs with outlets in their arms.

Also, there's no bathroom. There used to be a single stall at the end of the club and I walked to it only to find a broom closet. I'm not sure why Delta removed the bathroom. It is nice enough though and it has the full food spread:

Old Nov 15, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by CMK10
I used the D12 Skyclub for my first time this year, it was until recently a United Club and before that a President's Club. I was a little disappointed they kept the old CO furniture in the middle of the club instead of replacing it with chairs with outlets in their arms.

Also, there's no bathroom. There used to be a single stall at the end of the club and I walked to it only to find a broom closet. I'm not sure why Delta removed the bathroom. It is nice enough though and it has the full food spread:

Other than not having a bathroom and having VERY limited power outlets to charge things and being really small, its the perfect club.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:27 pm

Are there any plans to renovate the A-Centerpoint Club? I was there last weekend and it still looks the way it did the last time I used it in 2012, and even in 2012 it seemed dated. The furniture is old and it feels very legacy Crown Room-y. Plus, it's hard to find any outlets.

Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Just passed through E15 the other morning. Line at least eight people deep brought back dining hall or summe camp memories. Is this typical at ATL? People were taking large amounts of food on several of the small paper plates.

They now have peanut butter grinder type machines like you would find at Whole Foods or Sprouts. Never seen this before from DL, but these seem to have replaced the pancake machine they shamelessly copied from ALK.

Never seen anything like this in my vast SkyClub experience at BOS/LAX/PBI/FLL...
Old Jun 23, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Just passed through E15 the other morning. Line at least eight people deep brought back dining hall or summe camp memories. Is this typical at ATL? People were taking large amounts of food on several of the small paper plates.

They now have peanut butter grinder type machines like you would find at Whole Foods or Sprouts. Never seen this before from DL, but these seem to have replaced the pancake machine they shamelessly copied from ALK.

Never seen anything like this in my vast SkyClub experience at BOS/LAX/PBI/FLL...
I've never seen that in the am, but the place is packed prior in late afternoon/evening prior to the departure of many int'l flights. Even going all the way to the back I've not been able to find 2 seats together several times. It can feel like a bus station.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold

What time were you there? As stated above, with the numerous international departures from E and F in the late afternoon and evening those lounges get much busier in that time frame, so yes, this could very well be common. I've seen it busy in this time period, but I don't think I've ever seen a line of 8+ waiting to check in.

Either way, could never be as bad as either of the B SkyClubs.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by cmd320
What time were you there? As stated above, with the numerous international departures from E and F in the late afternoon and evening those lounges get much busier in that time frame, so yes, this could very well be common. I've seen it busy in this time period, but I don't think I've ever seen a line of 8+ waiting to check in.

Either way, could never be as bad as either of the B SkyClubs.
Mid-morning, when the second bank from northeast and Midwest gets in. And I'm not saying the crowd is unique, that I have never seen the new peanut grinder (seems random to me) or the long lines of people stacking up for a Hampton Inn grade, at best, breakfast. Never seen either before.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Mid-morning, when the second bank from northeast and Midwest gets in. And I'm not saying the crowd is unique, that I have never seen the new peanut grinder (seems random to me) or the long lines of people stacking up for a Hampton Inn grade, at best, breakfast. Never seen either before.
Can't say I have either. Maybe people are getting the idea that if you're departing out of B and have any kind of layover, the E and F lounges are far better. With the opening of F though, I have noticed that E sees far more domestic ops than it used to, especially around the time day that there aren't many international ops.

As for the peanut grinder, I don't have a clue on that one. I'll be in ATL tomorrow and Sunday, but I'm not going to be on DL so I won't have lounge access to check it out. As intriguing as it is, I don't think I'm going to shell out $50 to get one time access to investigate, just planning to set up camp in The Club.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat
I was in the A17 Club today and had a strange experience: there was a queue of 5 people waiting for a stall in the men's lav. I had to go so bad that I actually went out into the terminal and used the lav right at gate A17. I don't know that I have ever had to queue for a lounge lav stall before this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.