Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Sky Club™ Guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Sky Club™ Guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by akonradi
The A Centerpoint lounge is now open daily. I traveled through ATL on Saturdays and Sundays multiple times in recent months and noticed the change. The sign outside the door reflects the new hours, but the website still only lists Monday-Friday.
That's good news. A17 is crazy crowded on Sundays, and it should help having Centerpoint open.

David
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:57 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by Stripe
It would useful if it could contain some subjective info like the quality of the wireless internet. I was in A yesterday and it was so slow it was unusable. But E was fine. If enough reports show this is consistent it would be great info to have in a club guide.
The problem with subjective information is just that - it is subjective. And it can change quickly. Maybe someone was downloading some huge file, slowing down the wifi in the A club, but today it might be just fine.

Then there is the definition of "slow" - what is "slow" to you might be fine to me if all I am doing is sending/receiving Emails for example.

Honestly, I prefer the more objective information in a thread like this. Leave the subjective stuff to Trip Advisor hotel reviews (which I don't rely on!)
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: DL PM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Stripe
Thanks very much for the guide. Looking forward to it as an iPhone app.

It would useful if it could contain some subjective info like the quality of the wireless internet. I was in A yesterday and it was so slow it was unusable. But E was fine. If enough reports show this is consistent it would be great info to have in a club guide.
No joke. Which of these clubs have open seats and working Internet?

I too was in ATL yesterday and went to both B clubs, neither of which had functioning Internet, and for seats, B25 had few, B10 had none (I sat on the floor while testing Internet). Unfortunately, I wasn't there long enough to explore other clubs. I'm glad I'm not based in ATL, because ~$300-400 annually to sit on the floor and have broken internet is definitely not what I'm interested in.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 1:18 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Nice post.

Please don't sticky anything more. I'd suggest creating ONE SINGLE "locked" sticky thread with links to whatever people consider "sticky-worthy." On the rare occasion that an important event occurs (e.g. significant change to Skymiles rules, etc.), that could be a second sticky for a few days.

Having fewer stickies opens up more room on the first page.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 1:23 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by andymo99
I'd suggest creating ONE SINGLE "locked" sticky thread with links to whatever people consider "sticky-worthy."
That was the intended purpose of the main “sticky” thread.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Thank you for all the nice comments. As I said before, this was really a collaborative effort of many! It appears that we will need to update the thread with new pictures as the Delta Sky Club team will be making some modifications to the B25 and Concourse C clubs. Stay tuned for updates near the end of the year.

The A Centerpoint lounge is now open daily. I traveled through ATL on Saturdays and Sundays multiple times in recent months and noticed the change. The sign outside the door reflects the new hours, but the website still only lists Monday-Friday.
Thanks for the heads-up. I know the A CPT club was open on Saturday and Sunday while the A17 club was being renovated. Once the A17 club re-opened in August, I believe the A CPT club went back to Monday-Friday hours only, but I will double check that to be sure.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, Hilton GoldMarriott Titanium
Seriously great job to all who were involved in making this (atldlff, Canarsie,Wid, and anyone else). I know this is going to be a great resource to those of us that occasionally use the clubs, but maybe not on a regular basis. Especially if it is kept up to date with any and all changes in the future. ^
Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:11 pm

Wow what a fantastic job on everyone's part in creating this fantastic guide (I was in A Terminal Sky Club a few weeks ago and was shocked and the redesign project).

Thank you!
Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by atldlff
Thanks for the heads-up. I know the A CPT club was open on Saturday and Sunday while the A17 club was being renovated. Once the A17 club re-opened in August, I believe the A CPT club went back to Monday-Friday hours only, but I will double check that to be sure.
Most recently, I was in both the A17 and the Centerpoint clubs on Sunday 30 October, around 7:30 and 8:30pm respectively.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:42 pm

Location: Based in DCA, but spending much time in Chile, Arizona, northern England, and airports
Programs: DL PM; Delta Amex Reserve
Very nice! After four international trips in two months (I know, less than many of you fly all the time), I was not missing flying. But this has me ready to go again!

Thanks.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Great thread, there were too many ATL SC threads. Now all I care about is which one isn't a zoo where I can find my empty seat, eat my fake cheese, and drink my non $20 booze.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 2:47 am

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
Great thread! Very helpful information! ^^
Old Nov 12, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Most recently, I was in both the A17 and the Centerpoint clubs on Sunday 30 October, around 7:30 and 8:30pm respectively.
I can confirm that A CP is closed on Sat/Sun. The main sign reflects hours for M-F and there is a sign at the bottom of the escalator this morning.

Surprisingly, A17 is pretty quiet right now....
Old Nov 12, 2011, 8:49 am

Awesome post.. thank you.. I've normally just always wandered into whichever one I'm closest to but that will probably change somewhat now.. why Delta doesn't do something more like this on their website for their clubs is beyond me.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL-PM, 1MM; HH-Gold; Avis First
Nice job^

If this won't be made into a stickie, then why not post a link to it in the SkyClub Meeting Stickie?

Another option is to just bump this thread regularly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.