Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Sky Club™ Guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Sky Club™ Guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2014, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I really shouldn't give away secrets, but A centercourt.
Agree. Though I'd say depending on the time of day I may do F over A center point. F in the morning and around midday is generally pretty quiet and pleasant.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 5:34 pm

ive only been in C and A17 club...I thought A was pretty good, never went in the center court one though...what makes it good? less crowded?
Old Feb 9, 2014, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I really shouldn't give away secrets, but A centercourt.
Caveat: this club is closed on the weekends
Old Feb 9, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Caveat: this club is closed on the weekends
And that's the only reason I've never been in it. Almost had the opportunity the Friday after christmas, but our flight parked at T7 and our connection an hour and a half later departed out of T6, so I took my family there. It was the most crowded I've ever seen it, but I'm generally only in it on Saturdays, it seems. A17 is a pretty good one. It was really crowded the Sunday after New Years, which was to be expected, but I still was able to find a seat (and by a power outlet!). So I really like T6 and A17.

Just out of curiosity, who has been in the D club? I've always thought it would be neat to be at ramp-level, and going downstairs might almost give it a subterranean feel.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stunna1212
ive only been in C and A17 club...I thought A was pretty good, never went in the center court one though...what makes it good? less crowded?
Generally less crowded, very nice views, larger (at least it feels larger), has the older style furnishings which are more comfortable.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmd320
Generally less crowded, very nice views, larger (at least it feels larger), has the older style furnishings which are more comfortable.
It has other nice features that I won't mention, for fear that doing so would only remind Sky Club management to rip them out.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:06 pm

Thanks

This really illustrates how much DL has invested in the Crown Rooms. I probably visited the ATL CRCs about 1,000 times in the 20th Century, mostly A17, and I can still vividly recall many of the various features. Does anybody remember the baggage storage area next to the TV room; the smoking section; the upstairs bar etc?

It would be great to see some before and after pictures if anybody has them.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by PIONEER
Thanks

This really illustrates how much DL has invested in the Crown Rooms. I probably visited the ATL CRCs about 1,000 times in the 20th Century, mostly A17, and I can still vividly recall many of the various features. Does anybody remember the baggage storage area next to the TV room; the smoking section; the upstairs bar etc?

It would be great to see some before and after pictures if anybody has them.
The afters all look the same. Go to any SkyClub built or renovated post-late 2010/early 2011 and then up or downsize it baed on location. Toss a coin to decide if it will have a luxury bar or just an unluxury bar.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:42 pm

thanks, a lot of good info in this thread
Old Feb 9, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
Just out of curiosity, who has been in the D club? I've always thought it would be neat to be at ramp-level, and going downstairs might almost give it a subterranean feel.
I've been while waiting on a few flights to PHF. Not a fan. You'd think it would be cool at ramp level, but just like D itself, I find that the club is very claustrophobic (and lacking any unique feel), and like all the other ATL clubs, can get pretty crowded. I like the T, A-Centerpoint, and E clubs most personally.

Last edited by sky303; Feb 9, 2014 at 9:16 pm
Old Feb 9, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by sky303
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
I've been while waiting on a few flights to PHF. Not a fan. You'd think it would be cool at ramp level, but just like D itself, I find that the club is very claustrophobic (and lacking any unique feel), and like all the other ATL clubs, can get pretty crowded. I like the T, A-Centerpoint, and E clubs most personally.
Those are my three favorites as well. I often find myself flying to DCA out of T gates when that cub is deserted. E is usually crowded, but this afternoon I checked in, left my bags, went for a run, showered, and had some mountain trail mix. That's hard to beat.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL plat, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, National Executive
I tend to head over to F if I have a little time. It's usually the least crowded, in my experience.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sky303
Quote:I've been while waiting on a few flights to PHF. Not a fan. You'd think it would be cool at ramp level, but just like D itself, I find that the club is very claustrophobic (and lacking any unique feel), and like all the other ATL clubs, can get pretty crowded. I like the T, A-Centerpoint, and E clubs most personally.
I've only had the misfortune of visiting the D concourse one time on an arriving DC-9 flight from GSP. I almost never fly on RJs so I don't find myself in C or D very often. That said, the D club feels like a basement. The expression of shock on my face when the elevator began descending was probably priceless because I was not expecting that at all.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 8:24 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nyctoatl
I tend to head over to F if I have a little time. It's usually the least crowded, in my experience.
Me too, head over to F ... and up to The Club at ATL.

I was in the F concourse SkyClub for the first time a couple weeks ago and was extremely underwhelmed, in particular at how cramped the bar area was. Admittedly that was also my first experience with The Club at ATL, but it will seriously be my go to spot if I have time to traverse to/from F concourse (had three hours on my last trip after getting on an earlier flight from my origin).
Old Feb 10, 2014, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmd320
I've only had the misfortune of visiting the D concourse one time on an arriving DC-9 flight from GSP. I almost never fly on RJs so I don't find myself in C or D very often. That said, the D club feels like a basement. The expression of shock on my face when the elevator began descending was probably priceless because I was not expecting that at all.
The previous Sky Club in PHL, when DL was in the A terminal, illustrated that you can be "in the basement" yet still offer an inviting atmosphere.

Downstairs is not the problem. The problem is that the ATL D club is just another example of the new stainless steel and plastic laminate, "let's build a rectangular room and cram it full with a lot of chairs" motif that Sky Club management decided to standardize on.

Even if Sky Club management puts a pancake machine in the place, it's still going to be a soulless waste of space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.