Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

25,000 SkyMiles for $500 in SkyMall Purchases - ROUND 2 on the way SOON!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25,000 SkyMiles for $500 in SkyMall Purchases - ROUND 2 on the way SOON!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Thumbs up 25,000 SkyMiles for $500 in SkyMall Purchases - ROUND 2 on the way SOON!

THE DEAL IS OVER

-----------------------------------------------
Updates from SKYMALL Aaron everyone!

***official promotion update***
Once again we at SkyMall would like to thank everyone who participated in last night's 25,000 Delta SkyMiles promotion.

To help expedite the processing of your orders to avoid fraud, cancellations, backorders, etc please follow these instructions.

1. For those of you who placed an order and shipped it to an alternative address, please contact your credit card company and advise them that you placed an order through SkyMall and requested to have your item(s) shipped to an alternative address.

2. For those customers who placed mulitple orders, please contact your credit card company and advise them on the total # of orders you placed.

Once you have contacted your credit card company with this information please send an email to the SkyMall Name and Address Verification Dept at [email protected] with the following Subject Header:

Delta 25K Promo - Customer Name - Order Number

In the body of the email please state the you have logged your alt shipping address and notified cc issuing bank of multiple orders.

This action will ensure that your order(s) get processed quickly.

Once again if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact [email protected].

Thank you,

Aaron
SkyMall, Inc.

**important update** 08DEC2011
Hello FlyerTalk Community,

I want to thank everyone who participated for your business and patience as we transition to the fulfilment and backend portions of the order process. Sorry that I have not been able to post on here for the last few days as the focus has shifted to answering emails, private messages, phone calls, replacing cancelled orders, processing tax exemption credits, price match credits, general customer service questions/concerns, and other customer requests.

As you can see, it is Holiday season and things tend to get a little busy over here. However, hopefully I can provide some piece of mind and address some current issues through this post.

1. Price Match - Roughly 90& of the 1000 orders placed have a price match requst associated with it. As you can see from some of the posts, some customers have already had their requests approved and have had credits submitted while others are awaiting a response. We are diligently working hard to get these requests reviewed within a timely. We do ask for your continued patience in this matter as our Price Match Department (Chris) is processing record amounts of these requests.

I noticed that many of the requests were sent to [email protected]. To expedite your request please resend your Price Match requests to [email protected] and cc myself at [email protected] so that we can expedite your request as well as monitor the process to ensure that these requests are processed in a timely manner.

2. Back Order notifications - Due to the success of the online frequent flyer community blog sites and useful information provided by its members, there were certain products that were ordered in very large amounts (ie Samsung Galaxy Tablets). This coupled with regular Holiday traffic and a surge in retails sales for the 4th quarter may have caused many orders to go on backorder. We are currently working with our distributors and warehouses to ensure that we can fulfill all orders within a timely manner. We are confident that we will be able to fulfill these orders and have them available to ship and be delivered prior to the late December Holidays. If your item is placed on backorder, you will be recieving a notification along w/ an expected ship date. For any questions regarding this, please email [email protected] or call 1-800-SKYMALL.

3. Order Cancellations - A. After reviewing several orders, I have noticed some orders being cancelled due to Name and Address Verification issues. If you ordered items and had them shipped to alternative addresses, we must be able to verify the ship to address with your credit card company. We have very strict fraud checks in place for your protection. If your order was cancelled for this reason, we will be more than happy to replace your order. If you have any questions regardin the cancellation of your order please contact [email protected].

B. If you ordered any Casio electronic items, your order may have already been cancelled. Due to the recent flooding and other natural dissaster in Taiwan and neighboring areas, Casio is unable to provide accurate shipping information for their products. As a result, we at SkyMall have made the decision to go ahead and cancel these orders in stead of place them in a backorder status without an expected ship date. We are reaching out to these customers with counter offers and sub products similar to the ones that were ordered. If you placed an order for any Casio electronic items please email me directly at [email protected] to discuss your options.

Once again, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that anyone has experienced during this promotion. However, please keep in mind that we are on the job and are dedicated to addressing and resolving any customer service issue that you may have.

At any time, if anyone had an urgent concerns, please feel free to contact me direcly at [email protected].

Thank you,

Aaron Burnette
Airline Program Administrator
SkyMall, Inc
[email protected]

Last edited by Renes Points; Dec 8, 2011 at 9:01 am
Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:27 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Great scoop, thanks!

Will be great to have clarity on what is OK with regard to free shipping codes and the like.

Also, let's NOT all load up on the same item which we then need to flood ebay with
Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andymo99
Great scoop, thanks!

Will be great to have clarity on what is OK with regard to free shipping codes and the like.

Also, let's NOT all load up on the same item which we then need to flood ebay with
Hummm.... time to start hunt'in!
Old Nov 7, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Great news, I'm actually going to grab the magaine and search for items ahead of time
Old Nov 7, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
i'm confused
Old Nov 7, 2011, 5:39 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Got the same message from Aaron! Looks like this will be in time for some Black Friday shopping? Hopefully we can find items that will get a better return than last time!
Old Nov 7, 2011, 5:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Question 5x points per dollar at SKYMALL?

Originally Posted by AirForceFlyer
Got the same message from Aaron! Looks like this will be in time for some Black Friday shopping? Hopefully we can find items that will get a better return than last time!
Grt!

Question to you and anyone. I did not use my DELTA AMEX as the terms for the 5x points per dollar at SKYMALL say no other promo's. Did anyone use their DELTA AMEX last time and get both bonus?

Txs for help.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:05 pm

@deltagoldflyer - I would like to know this info as well as I used other credit cards last time.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 6:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

@deltagoldflyer - I would like to know this info as well as I used other credit cards last time.
@AirForceFlyer
I will check with Aaron as well if he can confirm both for us. Also what do you think of my new unloading idea above?
Old Nov 8, 2011, 7:21 am

Unloading the tabs to schools would be a great idea. I wonder how the long the logistics of this would take though. From getting it approved by the school's board and all that. I wonder if they are even considering the use of tablets. Hmm.. Definitely something to look at though!

On another note, it looks like the tablets are gonna be the big winners again. My only worry is that with all the cheaper releases from different companies, will our bottom line change dramatically? Looking at eBay sales it looks like they dropped around $10-$20 from last month. What will it be like when we start selling ours? Either way the CPM will still be phenomenal so it's still a win for us.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: delta skymiles
as towlie says, "I have no idea what's going on..."
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:15 am

I just got this from Aaron at SKYMALL today that they are dumping 400 people at a time each week from the last promo.
What does "dumping 400 people at a time each week" mean?

I'm definitely down to do this again. While I was skeptical at first, I ended up doing 4 orders and getting 100k miles. It cost more than I expected, about $120 per order, but still that's slightly better than 0.5cpm.

Now that I'm actually checking availability I see that the Delta horror stories are overrated for my case. I live in DC and vacation in Europe and J availability on AF actually looks pretty good, even 1-2 months out (at least for this winter, summer availability I'm sure will be gone by spring). Still, for 0.5 cpm it's a great deal!
Old Nov 8, 2011, 11:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drbobguy
What does "dumping 400 people at a time each week" mean?

Sorry. They have to push out the requests to DELTA in batches. They are doing them 400 each week. So, it will take most of this month to get to everyone from round one. But rest assured these folks are as good as GOLD!
Old Nov 8, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Unloading the tabs to schools would be a great idea. I wonder how the long the logistics of this would take though. From getting it approved by the school's board and all that. I wonder if they are even considering the use of tablets. Hmm.. Definitely something to look at though!
I work in educational publishing, and I would really think twice about jumping into this without SIGNIFICANT pre-work and discussions with your local school administrators. It probably has a better chance of working with private/charter schools, but trust me, I've been there and waded through the miles of red tape to sell things, and I work for a large, reputable company. If you buy a bunch in the hopes of selling them to schools, you may wind up SOL, but if you can do your pre-work and actually find a willing buyer, more power to you...

(NOTE: this is not to disparage any of your business "intentions" or abilities...I just believe that it would be VERY difficult for an independent salesperson to successfully unload a host of Galaxy tabs to school districts still hurting from layoffs and lack of funding at a price that would make it worth your while...YMMV, though )

On another note, does anyone ever do these things and purchase items they actually can use? I have my eye on a few things that don't quite add up to $500, but I'm thinking I could find a few more and walk away with 25k for things I may have bought anyways. Just curious if I'm crazy for even putting this out there...
Old Nov 8, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
I would purchase items I would actually use if they were reasonably priced to my budget. I didn't see anything in that category during the last promo. And life is too short for me to buy more overpriced junk to re-sell...

Yeah, I think the guy who thinks he's going to sell to his school board (unless the president of the school board is his mom) is going to be in for a very sad surprise. That kind of business is locked up by friends and family members of the school board/local politicians. Small town/school board/local politics...thy name is theft, graft, and corruption! Would you even know who to pay off to make your sale? As an honest person, I sure wouldn't...

On another note, does anyone ever do these things and purchase items they actually can use? I have my eye on a few things that don't quite add up to $500, but I'm thinking I could find a few more and walk away with 25k for things I may have bought anyways. Just curious if I'm crazy for even putting this out there...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.