FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 25,000 SkyMiles for $500 in SkyMall Purchases - ROUND 2 on the way SOON!
Old Nov 8, 2011, 12:44 pm
Deemus7

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AirForceFlyer
Unloading the tabs to schools would be a great idea. I wonder how the long the logistics of this would take though. From getting it approved by the school's board and all that. I wonder if they are even considering the use of tablets. Hmm.. Definitely something to look at though!
I work in educational publishing, and I would really think twice about jumping into this without SIGNIFICANT pre-work and discussions with your local school administrators. It probably has a better chance of working with private/charter schools, but trust me, I've been there and waded through the miles of red tape to sell things, and I work for a large, reputable company. If you buy a bunch in the hopes of selling them to schools, you may wind up SOL, but if you can do your pre-work and actually find a willing buyer, more power to you...

(NOTE: this is not to disparage any of your business "intentions" or abilities...I just believe that it would be VERY difficult for an independent salesperson to successfully unload a host of Galaxy tabs to school districts still hurting from layoffs and lack of funding at a price that would make it worth your while...YMMV, though )

On another note, does anyone ever do these things and purchase items they actually can use? I have my eye on a few things that don't quite add up to $500, but I'm thinking I could find a few more and walk away with 25k for things I may have bought anyways. Just curious if I'm crazy for even putting this out there...