Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

25,000 SkyMiles for $500 in SkyMall Purchases - ROUND 2 on the way SOON!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25,000 SkyMiles for $500 in SkyMall Purchases - ROUND 2 on the way SOON!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2011, 12:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by drbobguy
Skymall has a policy to price match other retailers on the items they sold. We flyertalkers were originally unsure if the price match would invalidate the skymiles offer because the terms of the offer are that it cannot be combined with any other offers/coupons (like the free shipping coupon).

After contacting Aaron (a helpful Skymall employee) he said that the price match would not invalidate the 25000 skymiles offer, so many here used a sams club retail ad of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 that was cheaper than MSRP to get about $25 off (if I remember correctly).

I think the Skymall price match only applies to brick and mortar stores, not internet-only outlets.

Also note many used the free shipping code and still got the miles, but that's against the T&C of the offer so who knows if it would work again. Shipping for a $500 order I believe is $22 (they charge based on the value of the order, not weight).

Yes to the above with some updates. Aaron has indicated for round 2 we will know 100% before we buy:

1 - can we use S&H free code
2 - can we price match this round or not
3 - can we both get the 25k and get 5x miles if we use DELTA AMEX card to buy

BTW price match can work with other major web sites like OVERSTOCK.com but the trick is the item must be IN STOCK. EBAY will NOT work ever for price match.

Last edited by Renes Points; Nov 9, 2011 at 12:38 pm
Old Nov 9, 2011, 2:12 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Sorry, maybe I'm being dense, but can it be a TOTAL order of $500 (for example, I purchase 5 $100 items), or does it have to be a SINGLE ORDER totaling $500 (I purchase 1 $500 item)?
Old Nov 9, 2011, 2:17 pm

The total order has to be over $500 (before tax), but it can be made up of a number of items.

For resale purposes though it's usually most efficient to buy just one item. That way you're not paying shipping on five separate $99 orders after you eBay them.

I didn't know about the Delta Amex getting the bonus points. I don't have that card, but do other airline cards also give Skymall bonuses? Or is that a Delta exclusive?
Old Nov 9, 2011, 2:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drbobguy
The total order has to be over $500 (before tax), but it can be made up of a number of items.

For resale purposes though it's usually most efficient to buy just one item. That way you're not paying shipping on five separate $99 orders after you eBay them.

I didn't know about the Delta Amex getting the bonus points. I don't have that card, but do other airline cards also give Skymall bonuses? Or is that a Delta exclusive?
Yes on the add-on. You can buy like a 9v battery for 99 cents to get over $500 for each order. Also, they WANT us make a ton of orders. I did 10 last time (sold them in 1 day) and got 1/4 million SKYMILES!

Capital One gave me 2x points last time as I did not want to risk the AMEX 5x card. But, if we can confirm it gives 5x this time, it will be my go to card for round 2!

Last edited by Renes Points; Nov 9, 2011 at 2:53 pm
Old Nov 9, 2011, 2:47 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
So you locked up $5K in Samsung tabs? Yikes! Better investment than stocks these days I suppose...
Old Nov 9, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: Diamond Hyatt; Platinum DL, AA, SPG; Gold UA
OK, another question for you folks who did this last time:

What if I purchase a $2k LED TV via skymall under this promotion (when it comes out)? Would I get only 25k miles, or would I get 100k miles?
Old Nov 9, 2011, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by mcavin

What if I purchase a $2k LED TV via skymall under this promotion (when it comes out)? Would I get only 25k miles, or would I get 100k miles?

Basically you get 25k miles for each order you buy under the promotion (using the promo link) that is over $500 before tax.

So if it's $500.98 or $2,000.98 it's all the same.

The best thing to do is buy an item around $500 that can then be resold. This is why we were so excited about the Galaxy Tab last time ($499.99). Add a 99 cent battery and the order qualifies, and the resell value was only slightly below the MSRP (about $460). Now though there don't seem to be any items like this, since the resell value of the Galaxy Tab has tanked.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamo... Globalist
Originally Posted by mcavin

The promotion, if like last time, is 25k miles for each order of >=$500. So it's a max of 25k miles per order.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 6:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Sky Club, United Club, Admirals Club, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AirForceFlyer
I think the cost will be more than $150 this time around. With the last promotion, my total out of pocket for each unit was already around $150. This is with eBay fees, paypal fees, shipping and price match credit.

I would imagine that this time around, every order would cost around $200. With the further saturation of Galaxy tabs, the prices will go down more. Another factor will be the release of different tablets/pads from other manufacturers.

I haven't researched extensively yet but is there still a valid price match for the Galaxy tabs?
The flip side of that argument - though I admit this is just in theory - is that we are heading into holiday season. So there will be more demand for electronics and stuff which people will buy as gifts. I doubt the Galaxy will sell out the way iPads did 2 years ago, so you will have to take a hit selling them private party, but saving $100 or so is big money off the retail price. Interested parties will emerge on Ebay etc.

I don't need any miles, so I am not interested in this, but for those who do it does sound like a great way to rack 'em up.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 5:29 am

Which sells best on eBay? The EOS Rebel T3 SLR or the Galaxy Tab?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by dave7250
Which sells best on eBay? The EOS Rebel T3 SLR or the Galaxy Tab?
Neither, both are over saturated on ebay - last count I had was over 20K galaxy tabs listed, and 10K+ of the camera. As much as I hate to admit it, I think the only way this is going to work is if you don't mind scamming Sam's. I hate Walmart, so I'm fine by it.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:48 am

Hmmmm. Perhaps worth it to buy a bunch, bring them back with me to Germany and sell them here. May even turn a profit.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 3:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Talking Black Friday or Cyber Monday!

BTW all it sounds like the new one will be short. Either for Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I will advise!
Old Nov 17, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: AirTran, Alaska, American, Continental, Delta, Frontier, Southwest, United, US Airways, and Virgin
Originally Posted by andymo99
Great scoop, thanks!

Will be great to have clarity on what is OK with regard to free shipping codes and the like.

Also, let's NOT all load up on the same item which we then need to flood ebay with
Andymo99,

We have a little information that we can share with you at this time regarding "Round 2" in direct response to the two concerns that you brought up.

For this round, use of coupon codes will not be accepted. For orders that have a free shipping or any discount coupon code applied, the order will be disqualified from the mileage earning promotion.

In regards to loading up on the same product, we may have found a solution and it is great news! We are working to add enhancements to the website that will allow us to feature several popular items at a higher price point to help satisify the threshold established to earn the miles. We are working with the suppliers of those products to ensure the following:

1. An adequate stock is available to support an expected high demand for their
merchandise. Thus cutting down on backorders and item discontinuations.

2. We are coordinating with the merchants to make sure that we are offering these
products at a very comparable price. In conjunction with that, we WILL continue to
accept Price Match with most major competitors.

Stay tuned as we will be available within the FlyerTalk platform to provide promotional information and the FlyerTalk favorite, "leaks"!We will be providing more information as it comes. If anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to direct message us or emails us directly at [email protected]. An Airline Program Support Representative will be more than happy to assist in any way possible.

Once again, we at SkyMall would like to thank all of you for your continued support and participation in our airline rewards programs.

Thank you,

SkyMallSpokesperson
SkyMall, Inc

FYI - *LEAK* The promotion will be ran sometime within the first week of December.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 3:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Wink

Originally Posted by SkyMallSpokesperson
Andymo99,

We have a little information that we can share with you at this time regarding "Round 2" in direct response to the two concerns that you brought up.

For this round, use of coupon codes will not be accepted. For orders that have a free shipping or any discount coupon code applied, the order will be disqualified from the mileage earning promotion.

In regards to loading up on the same product, we may have found a solution and it is great news! We are working to add enhancements to the website that will allow us to feature several popular items at a higher price point to help satisify the threshold established to earn the miles. We are working with the suppliers of those products to ensure the following:

1. An adequate stock is available to support an expected high demand for their
merchandise. Thus cutting down on backorders and item discontinuations.

2. We are coordinating with the merchants to make sure that we are offering these
products at a very comparable price. In conjunction with that, we WILL continue to
accept Price Match with most major competitors.

Stay tuned as we will be available within the FlyerTalk platform to provide promotional information and the FlyerTalk favorite, "leaks"!We will be providing more information as it comes. If anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to direct message us or emails us directly at [email protected]. An Airline Program Support Representative will be more than happy to assist in any way possible.

Once again, we at SkyMall would like to thank all of you for your continued support and participation in our airline rewards programs.

Thank you,

SkyMallSpokesperson
SkyMall, Inc

FYI - *LEAK* The promotion will be ran sometime within the first week of December.
I have updated the main page. Feel free to PM me anything you want to add to it or for me to change!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.