Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond,1.8 MM; AA Gold
Curious as to what gets you on their radar to get the Porsche treatment--1.6 million miles, 131+K miles this year (all domestic) and almost $20K in spend, which is typical for me each year and I've never been picked up....maybe I should try MRs since many have been treated while doing those, but I'm too tired from actual business trips to plan it
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:11 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Wink

Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
Agreed. While the perks are nice it's difficult to justify spending so much money and time to get something for "free" that you could have just paid for to begin with.

I say that, but last year I did some crazy stuff to get DM, as 98% of my flying is leisure. I will be short this year and haven't convinced myself to push for it again.
98% of my flights are leisure, too.

Originally Posted by pgh234
The RDM's man. The RDM's. Spend 1.5 cents per mile and redeem them at 8.5 cents per mile...and quickly the crazy weekend trip becomes justifiable. Plus, some people just like traveling.

While not as crazy as 355F1...I too have taken some splurge trips around the world this year. Will go out with a bang as a DM next year, got enough RDM's for more BE tickets, and took the wife to IST for valentines day dinner this year. Win win win.

Now if I could only score a Porsche ride next year....
Ah...yes....the RDMs....(and the GUCs) are TOTALLY worth the time and money I've spent!

Originally Posted by VegasJosh
I agree again to some extent with what your saying but I know from living in asia I am lucky to get a BE fare for 160k miles or so, normal Z fare is like 3200. Sure getting a free ticket is great but what did I pay to get my free ticket, not to mention time lost, parking, hotels, food ect ect. I have to fly plenty, maybe to much to get it and I never will, cant for the life of me figure out why a 24hr trip there and back in Y is worth any amount of miles. I understand buying things on Amex opening a suntrust account ect ect, but sitting in Y eating that food for hours, not to mention dealing with the airport.....yikes

oh and just tweet elite services or travel on your birthday and tell them, I am sure they would be happy to create a memory, just a thought
Lots of 125k availability US-Europe in J. I haven't had any problems finding them.

I know this might actually blow your mind....but I actually ENJOY airports....being on planes...and traveling. IDK...my dad was a pilot his entire life--he was one of Horizon Air's (now owned by Alaska Airlines) first hires wayyyyy back in the day. I have grown up around planes and airports my entire life. It is all just so effing exhilarating and cool to me!!!

And TIME SPENT....??? Dude...seriously....I have so much free time that I sometimes run out of things to do. I don't work a dreadful M-F gig....I work in the insurance field....set my own schedule....and work when I want. For the record, this week I have put in 11hrs today....I'll put in 12 tomorrow....and 7 hours Saturday....and then I'm off to Aruba for 3 days.

Like I said...after Jan 1....I will not MR anymore, although I WILL still use the MR forum to find good deals on places I want to travel! I know I have to go to Cape Town (in Y or PE) in Feb and Prague (In PE or J) in April.

The first three years I worked my ... off--I was only home 5 days per month. That's why I can work the way I do now. Hell, after I put in 10 years I get my renewals for life....and I'm on year 7 right now.

Life is good!!! ^^^
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter, 2.9MM; 2019 PM and falling; Kettle everywhere else
Just got picked up by a beautiful Porsche Panamera at JFK this afternoon. FWIW I am a DM and fly lots of miles on low fares. So I most definitely am not a big spender. The driver told me it is Delta's "Surprise and Delight Progam" for DMs. Whatever it was, it was awesome and I never thought it would happen to me.

Thanks Delta!!!!
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:30 pm
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Originally Posted by RICforme
got the Porsche 4 door 2 weeks ago, landed at JFK from RIC, on the way to LHR. Used a GUC on the LHR flight, so nothing special, but it was very nice to see a Porsche and the beautiful Delta 360 person holding a sign with my name! Great lift to T4 and Sky Club. Beats the heck out of the cattle walk to T2 and the Jitney any day! Now if I could just figure out the formula...this was a first for me this year, as I travel to SFO frequently and go through JFK to get the great BE flights out there.
Were you, by chance, sitting in 3A and listening to headphones the whole way up to JFK from RIC?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 9:49 am

Porsche Service at LGA/DTW/SEA

Delta is expanding Porsche Service! I think this qualifies as good news for once!

http://news.delta.com/2014-11-03-Por...le-and-Detroit
Old Nov 3, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I'm still waiting for a ride. Hopefully this will increase the odds...
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Pretty cool video. Any of these 3 people FT folks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDTY...ature=youtu.be
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:53 pm

The map at the end of the video shows a large hole in the middle of the country with no service. I wouldn't complain if they added SLC to the list - in the interest of a more balanced map of course.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Howste
The map at the end of the video shows a large hole in the middle of the country with no service. I wouldn't complain if they added SLC to the list - in the interest of a more balanced map of course.
But if you're based in SLC as your FT profile suggests how many rides to the parking lot do you need?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:59 pm

Just one would be more than I've ever had anywhere else. And I do actually connect in SLC now and then.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
Nice but with the bulk of Delta flights in Seattle arriving/leaving from South satellite, the transfer service does not really make sense?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 1:13 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by Ben and Jerry
Nice but with the bulk of Delta flights in Seattle arriving/leaving from South satellite, the transfer service does not really make sense?
I'm thinking just the opposite. There are tons of domestic flights in/out of B gates these days. You even get the occasional A gate! For those flights, a Porsche transfer to/from South is a very nice convenience to avoid the train!
Old Nov 3, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
Originally Posted by andymo99
I'm thinking just the opposite. There are tons of domestic flights in/out of B gates these days. You even get the occasional A gate! For those flights, a Porsche transfer to/from South is a very nice convenience to avoid the train!

Ok good to know! Been arriving/departing from S just so many times over the months that I figured most flights operate from there.

When I make DM this month, maybe they can drive me to my car instead
Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, GE
DL posted a video about this today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDTYE5pd9rc
Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond Medallion, Delta Amex Reserve, Marriott Rewards Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Looks like a nicer way to connect then the sprint through the airport. Hoping to make DM in time to possibly snag a ride when traveling with my grandparents this Holiday season - be easier in them then moving through the airport in a normal fashion I think; though the stairs could be a challenge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.