Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No More Shenanigans! New Upgrade Transparency from Delta. Humor.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No More Shenanigans! New Upgrade Transparency from Delta. Humor.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Originally Posted by Vegasmusician
Nice. If I knew that ANY of my other friends would get this, I would have posted it on FaceBook.
I was going to post the same thing. Unfortunately, I also do not see people of my "Medallion" status on this seat map.

The GMs in F are likely there as a result of being re-ticketed into Y due to IROPS.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
I am thinking you have a Sheila E pic in FC.... that is a DM who is also a Net Jets FA... often confused with Sheena Easton as they both dated Prince and similar sounding names...

I had a real good Sugar Walls tie in, but I figured Canarise had a birdseye on this thread....
Old Oct 7, 2011, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
I am thinking you have a Sheila E pic in FC.... that is a DM who is also a Net Jets FA... often confused with Sheena Easton as they both dated Prince and similar sounding names...

I had a real good Sugar Walls tie in, but I figured Canarise had a birdseye on this thread....
I "know" Sheila E and Sheena, sir, is no Sheila E.

Last edited by avidflyer; Oct 7, 2011 at 3:55 pm
Old Oct 7, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
I hate it when non revs get upgraded ahead of me, but I hate it even more when a Dutchman gets the upgrade ahead of me.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
Originally Posted by LGANightOwl
Love it! But you better put a "just kidding" on your thread title before the more serious of this bunch takes issue with it!

You can say that again MR. Hat
Old Oct 7, 2011, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Cute.

Is this official confirmation that Silvers are not upgraded?
Old Oct 7, 2011, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson

You better watch out, I hear Jimmy Swaggart is now working as a FAM.

Originally Posted by avidflyer
I know Sheila E and Sheena, sir, is no Sheila E.
Did you mean to put quotes around "know"?

Originally Posted by LADELTA777
I hate it when non revs get upgraded ahead of me, but I hate it even more when a Dutchman gets the upgrade ahead of me.
You referring to Goldmember or one of the illegitimate descendants of a certain British navigator who spent a lot of time in Amsterdam?
Old Oct 7, 2011, 7:57 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Can we stop with the sarcastic attacks? Actual transparency would be nice, but no reason to make a joke.

How about the mods add "joke thread" to title so we don't open this if we don't want sarcasm?
Originally Posted by Tomphot
I totally agree - I don't want to keep clicking on this thread and reading it expecting something serious.
I agree too. But last time I raised the issue (successfully) I got skewered by the humorists among us.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, American AAdvantage, Hyatt
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Can we stop with the sarcastic attacks? Actual transparency would be nice, but no reason to make a joke.

How about the mods add "joke thread" to title so we don't open this if we don't want sarcasm?
Originally Posted by andymo99
I agree too. But last time I raised the issue (successfully) I got skewered by the humorists among us.
Can we stop with the "hall monitor" syndrome while we're at it. I'm from the AA crowd, but found this pretty funny myself. Glad to know the AA forum isn't the only only one filled with hard-AA**es. Lighten up, we spend too much time on this d*mn site not to get some humorous threads.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by cody77
Can we stop with the "hall monitor" syndrome while we're at it. I'm from the AA crowd, but found this pretty funny myself. Glad to know the AA forum isn't the only only one filled with hard-AA**es. Lighten up, we spend too much time on this d*mn site not to get some humorous threads.
Hey why don't you just back off man...we don't take kindly to you CO-MEDIAN types round here! (rabble rabble rabble rabble)

Old Oct 7, 2011, 10:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Gold), Marriott (Platinum), IHG (Gold), Hyatt (Gold), Avis First
Haha ... Good work OP!
Old Oct 9, 2011, 1:21 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
Lighten up, sheesh. Move on if you don't want to read it. 78.6% of the posts here are sarcasm
Sorry, it's only 76.32%.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 6:33 am

Programs: DL Million Miler
I'm printing this out, and will ask the FA on my next 757 flight to explain what Shena is doing in 3A.

^^
Old Oct 10, 2011, 1:38 am

Programs: DL Silver (aka, Delta AmEx PLUS), Starbucks Gold :)
Originally Posted by Tomphot
I totally agree - I don't want to keep clicking on this thread and reading it expecting something serious.
Insanity (n) - Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 5:43 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by LGANightOwl
Insanity (n) - Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.
I totally agree!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.