Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Priority/Security Lanes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2011, 4:33 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred/Companion Pass, Amtrak Select, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OKDiamond
West concourse...and it is always empty!
Not ALWAYS....see above post....I went around about 8 who were waiting in front of me in the Sky Priority line, by going through the empty kettle line in OKC a few weeks ago!

That said, I more than made up for it in Austin yesterday AM, the regular line was LONG, but walked right through the Sky Priority lane. Gotta love this bennefit! This, domestic upgrades, and priority boarding make this program totally work for me! Couldn't care less about miles really, when I'm not working, I am not flying!
Old Aug 20, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Gold
CLE - They have one shared with employees, flight crew, WN and US ( which is somewhat odd since the US gates are at the far end of A and the A security checkpoint is much closer ). Tends to be a pretty reasonable time saver, as they will usually feed the SP line into it's own scanner and everyone else into the other two scanner lines. Also over the last few months there is a BP checker at the entry to the line, which is a big plus :-).

CAK - Nothing, but they do have the expert line going when there is any sort of wait. Honestly, even on a Monday AM, I've never needed more than 10 minutes to make it thru screening here.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 8:14 pm

Programs: Delta
NRT - There is a "Skypriority" lane but about 1/3 of the time, the agent there will not let elites through insisting that it's for Business Class only even if "Skypriority" is printed on the boarding pass.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 9:38 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
SLC has one. However, when I went through it last week, the line didn't move. Apparently the TSO responsible for that part of the line left and nobody replaced them.

A few minutes later a different TSO noticed and started checking our IDs.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:16 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Love the SP lanes at MCI. You just jam yourself right up to the stanchion from behind the TSA guy, he stops what he's doing, opens the rope and lets you through. It can be a bit of a production, but it is quick. Then you can proceed to decide if you want to go through the backscatter machine by either walking left or right-- no worries doing the pat down instead.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by asama527
NRT - There is a "Skypriority" lane but about 1/3 of the time, the agent there will not let elites through insisting that it's for Business Class only even if "Skypriority" is printed on the boarding pass.
Well, i guess we should be happy that at least the priority line is being enforced...
Old Aug 21, 2011, 7:14 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by vatraveler
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

The setup yesterday was Sky priority to the far left rather than on the right like in the past.
Nice. So we're not being herded toward the nudie scanner on the far right?
Old Aug 21, 2011, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by BeachBum770
LAX has one, but it is almost useless during the busiest times. The same TSA agent has to handle the family/crew line as well as the SP line. I stood there on Sunday night and watched people who entered the "regular" line well after I got in the SP line clear the machines before I even made it past the ID check.
+1.

When I go through there are usually 3-4 TSA agents checking IDs for the regular line and 1 agent on the Priority Line/family+crew line. Last time had a DYKWIA in front of me yelling and fuming. Took 15-20 minutes for the agent to get through 5 or 6 people in the SP line because of the stream of fam/crew coming in. I stayed calm, wrote Delta a complaint, and got some skymiles for my time.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 9:36 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, USAirways Silver, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver, Omni Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DaveNC
I was going to say that RDU does not have a SP lane for security (but does have one for check in). I've never tried using the FC lane without a ticket in F, but I suspect the TSA agents would not notice.

Now that DL, UA, AA, and US are all flying out of the same concourse, I doubt that a dedicated SP line is forthcoming, as it would have to accommodate elites from all the airlines and would probably be just as busy as the kettle lane.

Of course, a busy day at RDU means I have to wait 10 minutes in security, so I won't complain.
I've gone through the RDU FC line once when not FC but SP without a hitch. And since it doesn't look like I'll be FC tomorrow...

You're pretty lucky if the busiest you see RDU lately is 10 minutes. I have seen a lot of issues since they opened the new D concourse in Terminal 2. Had over 30 minutes in line one morning in late June, and on my last RDU-MCO-RDU trip MCO security was faster than RDU (18 min v. 20).
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:46 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SpaceAce
I've gone through the RDU FC line once when not FC but SP without a hitch. And since it doesn't look like I'll be FC tomorrow...

You're pretty lucky if the busiest you see RDU lately is 10 minutes. I have seen a lot of issues since they opened the new D concourse in Terminal 2. Had over 30 minutes in line one morning in late June, and on my last RDU-MCO-RDU trip MCO security was faster than RDU (18 min v. 20).
Maybe I'll try it next time. I try to fly at odd times, though, which may explain my luck with security.

Back when DL was in Terminal 1, I used to regularly see the security line wind all the way down the escalators and around another queue on the ticketing floor, even for the first flights of the day. It never seems quite that bad now, but I will say that I wish TSA would use more of its available bandwidth by operating more scanning lanes. I've never seen more than 4-5 on at one time.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by redlegsfan21
In Dayton, we used to have an "Expert Traveler" line but now that's gone. It's all just one big mess.
I really wish they'd bring it back at DAY, especially now that they have all that space from the security checkpoint remodel.

Nothing like getting stuck behind the kettles with no concept of what to do...

After all, it's DAY... and I enjoy how I can arrive in the terminal 45 mins before my departure and still be at the gate before they start boarding!

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
Delta has one in MKE. Usually only one other in line or none when I get there. One of the best things about flying through MKE.
Agree - flew thru there about a month ago and it was glorious. I was number two in line and bypassed probably 25-35 people in the regular line,
Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: DL-DM
The SLC priority line used to be very efficient. But now, they have added a "special needs" lane next to the priority lane. This lane is managed by the same TSA agent as the priority lane and they are checked prior to skypriority. In Utah, special needs are defined as anyone that has birthed a child and wants to drag their entire nursery onto the plane. Rarely do you see anyone truly requiring assistance, i.e. wheelchair, difficulty walking, elderly, ect. Unfortunately, it gets worse as they dump these individuals, post id check, into the same lanes used by the priority passengers. My last few flights, the normal check in lanes moved much quicker.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA, DL, B6, WN
SP Etiquette?

Due to a series of unfortunate events, I've got four segments tomorrow, split up over two reservations.

I've been upgraded on my third segment tomorrow, and on my electronic BP, I can clearly see "Sky Priority". However, for my first two segments, I'm still 'upgrade pending' (and as an FO, don't really have a chance to get upgraded on those two segments), and Sky Priority isn't on those boarding passes.

Thoughts on using the security lane even though it's not on my boarding pass for my first flight of the day? It's a 6am flight, so it may end up being that the regular security line would be faster...
Old Jun 18, 2012, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by yankervitch
Thoughts on using the security lane even though it's not on my boarding pass for my first flight of the day? It's a 6am flight, so it may end up being that the regular security line would be faster...
Some of the folks herding the SP line actually look, others do not look.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 5:26 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by DelrayChris
Some of the folks herding the SP line actually look, others do not look.
Don't they scan your BP when the line splits into pre/SP/kettle or is that just in ATL? I've accidentally shown my 2nd BP at the TSA check and it gave a shrill alarm/beep.

At least in ATL this wouldn't be possible since they first scan your BP for Pre-check, and if you aren't selected they then look at the front of your BP and direct you to the appropriate line. Your first BP dictates if you can go through SP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.