Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Question about Meals in First (does my flight have a meal?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat

Most of my flights are TATL in economy and, when I'm in first, they're always under 500 miles so meals aren't an issue. But I'm on an upcoming flight of 1100 miles departing around 2:30 pm. Regarding flights of this length, DL.com states that:

BREAKFAST is served on flights departing between 5 am 9:45 am;
LUNCH is served on flights departing between 9:46 am 1:30 pm; and
DINNER is served on flights departing between 4 pm 8 pm.

So, does this mean snack basket only for flights departing 1:31 pm to 3:59 pm (i.e., no meal service)?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
Most of my flights are TATL in economy and, when I'm in first, they're always under 500 miles so meals aren't an issue. But I'm on an upcoming flight of 1100 miles departing around 2:30 pm. Regarding flights of this length, DL.com states that:

BREAKFAST is served on flights departing between 5 am 9:45 am;
LUNCH is served on flights departing between 9:46 am 1:30 pm; and
DINNER is served on flights departing between 4 pm 8 pm.

So, does this mean snack basket only for flights departing 1:31 pm to 3:59 pm (i.e., no meal service)?
That is correct....nothing but a snack basket.

Crucial information if you board hungry thinking you've got some food coming to you!!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: Chivas, Tequila, Good Beer
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
That is correct....nothing but a snack basket.

Crucial information if you board hungry thinking you've got some food coming to you!!
Yeap. Remember that you might be a "Kettle Medallion" if you look forward to a FC meal.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
If you're already in first, call up your reservation and click "Show Details". It will show the food service on your flight.

There used to be an "inflight services" link when booking a new flight and/or looking at the schedule that would tell you, but it looks like it's not there any more.

As noted above, an 1,100 mile flight departing at 2:30 pm will get only the snack basket. AA would provide warm mixed nuts and a "snack" on a similarly scheduled flight. Their snack would likely be more substantial than "lunch" on a DL flight of even 1,500+ miles.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: Delta Plat; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Marriott Diamond
Of course you could "luck out" like I did yesterday. MCI - LGA, departing at 3:00 (was actually pushed to 3:30). We were all served the full breakfast! Of course, that was brought after I had asked for a glass or red wine; that was a tasty combination.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, RCplatinum, Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by PepeBorja
Yeap. Remember that you might be a "Kettle Medallion" if you look forward to a FC meal.
Or..you you got in at midnight, got 5 hours sleep, meeting then, 5th leg in 16 hours. BTW, the hamburger was actually pretty good. Tired of salads
Old Jun 29, 2011, 5:30 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Sub 500 mile TATL flights? Surely wouldn't want to be on those planes when they are going in for landing.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 6:33 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Some flights that should have no meal based on parameters do in fact have a meal.

Recent example was a 3pm flight LAS-MSP. Dinner was served despite it being outwith the window listed on Delta.com and for mileage flown.

It did show as having a meal in the flight meals amenities list. So I'd say that this info which you can get specifically for your flight is the most specific and up to date and supersedes the general posted guidelines.

There are several other routes that are also exceptions such as certain NE airports to ATL etc.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SamuelS
Some flights that should have no meal based on parameters do in fact have a meal.

Recent example was a 3pm flight LAS-MSP. Dinner was served despite it being outwith the window listed on Delta.com and for mileage flown.

It did show as having a meal in the flight meals amenities list. So I'd say that this info which you can get specifically for your flight is the most specific and up to date and supersedes the general posted guidelines.

There are several other routes that are also exceptions such as certain NE airports to ATL etc.
I'm all for food served when it's not supposed to, rather than not getting it when it's supposed to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.