Search

Need Advice: Two way and one way combo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Need Advice: Two way and one way combo

Hi all,
Can anyone shed light on what the DL policy is of booking a roundtrip ticket (that I need to discard the return leg) and then booking another flight one way for the return. In other words, will I get dinged for not using the return ticket or does the possibility exist that the airline will cancel the one way?

I am heading to Florida to watch the last space shuttle launch and originally booked a round trip. I then changed my plans and booked a return ticket from another city the next day thinking that I can just not check in for return flight.

Any thoughts / experiences?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:22 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by spartanflyer
Hi all,
Can anyone shed light on what the DL policy is of booking a roundtrip ticket (that I need to discard the return leg) and then booking another flight one way for the return. In other words, will I get dinged for not using the return ticket or does the possibility exist that the airline will cancel the one way?

I am heading to Florida to watch the last space shuttle launch and originally booked a round trip. I then changed my plans and booked a return ticket from another city the next day thinking that I can just not check in for return flight.

Any thoughts / experiences?
What you described is just an open jaw and it's easy to book using the multiple cities section of delta.dumb

Bob H
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
BobH
Thanks for the reply. The round trip was already purchased (great low fare) and a one way was less than the $150 change fee so I went ahead and booked both RT and OW tix. Just wondering if DL will notice the return leg not used and cancel the OW for the following day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.