Wiki Posts
Search

e-rewards, no longer partner with DL?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2009, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M
e-rewards, no longer partner with DL?

can't convert e-rewards points to Skymiles at www.e-rewards.com.
It says SM are out of stock.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 5:44 am

Programs: DL PM, PLAT MARRIOTT, GOLD *WOOD, EXEC ELITE NATIONAL, 5* Hertz
I think we should be ok... eventually. This is an email that was sent to me by e-rewards about 2 weeks ago.

Dear XYZ,

At e-Rewards, we are excited to partner with many of the nations most well-known companies as they invite their customers to join the e-Rewards Opinion Panel and offer you a wide range of Reward choices.

IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT YOUR REWARD CHOICES

During October, the Northwest Airlines WorldPerks program will officially merge with the Delta SkyMiles program into one frequent flyer program Delta SkyMiles. To learn more about the merger, please click here.

Although WorldPerks and E-Certs will no longer be available as a Reward choice, we are excited to inform you that you will be able to redeem for Delta SkyMiles beginning in October. Please continue to check your e-Rewards home page for updates regarding this program merger.

To redeem your unused e-Rewards Currency for Northwest Airlines Rewards, please click the button below to visit your Rewards Center:

... etc etc etc

On a separate note, does your SkyMile account activity looks really screwed up now? Are they done migrating, or was it just a "rough draft"? Activity looks ad-hoc, in random order, and not all flights appear to be posted.

Old Oct 1, 2009, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M
Good to know that my SM are safe at e-rewards.

BTW, my new SM account activity looks fine except my remaining WP miles are not displayed yet.

Originally Posted by aliv
I think we should be ok... eventually. This is an email that was sent to me by e-rewards about 2 weeks ago.

Dear XYZ,

At e-Rewards, we are excited to partner with many of the nations most well-known companies as they invite their customers to join the e-Rewards Opinion Panel and offer you a wide range of Reward choices.

IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT YOUR REWARD CHOICES

During October, the Northwest Airlines WorldPerks program will officially merge with the Delta SkyMiles program into one frequent flyer program Delta SkyMiles. To learn more about the merger, please click here.

Although WorldPerks and E-Certs will no longer be available as a Reward choice, we are excited to inform you that you will be able to redeem for Delta SkyMiles beginning in October. Please continue to check your e-Rewards home page for updates regarding this program merger.

To redeem your unused e-Rewards Currency for Northwest Airlines Rewards, please click the button below to visit your Rewards Center:

... etc etc etc

On a separate note, does your SkyMile account activity looks really screwed up now? Are they done migrating, or was it just a "rough draft"? Activity looks ad-hoc, in random order, and not all flights appear to be posted.

Old Dec 27, 2009, 3:10 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Did e-rewards do away with the $50 travel certificates?

After the migration away form WorldPerks to SkyMiles, the mile rewards are still available, but not the e-certs good for travel discounts.

Of course they were kind of a hassle to redeem, but to me a $50 travel cert was way more valuable than 1,000 skymiles.

Any input is appreciated!
Old Dec 27, 2009, 8:57 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
How can I get an email invite? I used to get them all the time and it's been over a year... I never joined but now want to.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 5:13 am

Programs: DL GM, Hyatt
I just received an e-mail invite from DL for this program:

Hello spidaman,

As a Skymiles member, you are part of an elite group receiving this exclusive invitation to join the e-Rewards Opinion Panel.

Earn e-Rewards Currency for taking surveys selected to match your interests
Redeem your e-Rewards Opinion Points for miles
Help shape future products and services of major companies with your opinions
There is no cost to participate and your privacy is guaranteed
Membership is by invitation only

To get started, enroll now through this special invitation-only link. You will receive a welcome gift when you complete your profile and receive 250 miles* after you complete your first survey within 2 months of enrolling.

Anybody doing this? Worth the time/effort?

TIA

spida
Old Jun 29, 2011, 5:41 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by spidaman
I just received an e-mail invite from DL for this program:

Hello spidaman,

As a Skymiles member, you are part of an elite group receiving this exclusive invitation to join the e-Rewards Opinion Panel.

Earn e-Rewards Currency for taking surveys selected to match your interests
Redeem your e-Rewards Opinion Points for miles
Help shape future products and services of major companies with your opinions
There is no cost to participate and your privacy is guaranteed
Membership is by invitation only

To get started, enroll now through this special invitation-only link. You will receive a welcome gift when you complete your profile and receive 250 miles* after you complete your first survey within 2 months of enrolling.

Anybody doing this? Worth the time/effort?

TIA

spida
i think it's worth it. check the forum on e-rewards.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Got one of those emails too... and on the same day, an offer for 350 Priority Club points for the same thing.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, PC Plat, Delta PM
Not worth it

For the first survey/250 miles it may be worth a couple mouse clicks, but after that it's a joke. You get $1 credit per survey and $25 in credit can be exchanged for 500 Delta Skymiles. That means you have to fill out 25 surveys for 500 miles. You would get the exact same amount if you picked up a 300 AMEX cert at a SC and converted it to miles with the 40-50% conversion bonus.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:26 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by metdrdg
You get $1 credit per survey
Not true. The credit varies from survey to survey and quite a number of them are in the $4 to $12 range, with some above that. Obviously the higher the pay the more selective they are in who gets to take the survey. If one does not quality for such a full survey, one earns anywhere from 10 cents to a buck.

I find it takes maybe 15 to 25 full surveys to get to the $100 credit mark. And for every full survery there is close to average 2.5 qualifying mini-surveys which fail qualification (but only take a minute or two).
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:06 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by metdrdg
For the first survey/250 miles it may be worth a couple mouse clicks, but after that it's a joke. You get $1 credit per survey and $25 in credit can be exchanged for 500 Delta Skymiles. That means you have to fill out 25 surveys for 500 miles. You would get the exact same amount if you picked up a 300 AMEX cert at a SC and converted it to miles with the 40-50% conversion bonus.
your entire post is essentially worthless and incorrect.

you have to be AT AN AIRPORT with a skyclub to get those certs. online surveys are whenever you are online. so you're saying i should drive 3 hours to my closest skyclub and go there to get my $3 worth of MR points?

i just completed a couple of surveys the past two weeks that were worth $8.50 and $6. missed out on a $10-15 one. they are rare, but come up once every month or so.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:50 pm

How long does the average full survey take to fill out?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 3:03 pm

Programs: Delta-PM, Marriott-Plat, PC-Gold
On average, about 10min... sometimes less. Sometimes more.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 4:33 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, PC Plat, Delta PM
Originally Posted by mrredskin
your entire post is essentially worthless and incorrect.

you have to be AT AN AIRPORT with a skyclub to get those certs. online surveys are whenever you are online. so you're saying i should drive 3 hours to my closest skyclub and go there to get my $3 worth of MR points?

i just completed a couple of surveys the past two weeks that were worth $8.50 and $6. missed out on a $10-15 one. they are rare, but come up once every month or so.
Wow, that's pretty impolite. Capital letters? Is that to suggest you're screaming at me? Before jumping down my throat, please re-read what I wrote. In this forum a lot of the focus is on maximizing points/miles/credits/etc... One of the ways people value promotions is in cents/mile. By no means am I suggesting you drive to an airport to go to a skyclub for the sole purpose of getting an AMEX certificate. My point is comparing the relative value of promotions. While some surveys are worth more than others, in the end you're going to spend approximately 30 minutes online doing surveys to make about $25 credit, which can then be converted to 500 Delta miles. At $0.02/mile, that comes out to making $20/hour. If that's a great deal for you then by all means go for it, but compared to all the other promotions out there (I used AMEX cert but one could mention Hertz/Hilton/etc), it doesn't seem as worthwhile.
I'm happy to discuss this with you or anyone else in this forum as I enjoy a good debate, but please be mature.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.