Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Delta Medallion Class (Just Kidding)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by generaltao
Yes, my boarding pass started playing "You're still the one" when I unfolded it. It's good to be a KM.
Didn't you know KMs no longer need to check in or get boarding passes. Delta has activated the GPS link in the KM tags and they check you in automatically now.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 9:43 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by AllanAtlanta
Didn't you know KMs no longer need to check in or get boarding passes. Delta has activated the GPS link in the KM tags and they check you in automatically now.
Yes, but the GPS link doesn't work when you need to check in for the inbound segment of an interstellar itin.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
Originally Posted by jackplum
As I understand, there are only a few left "in the wild."
Drat. Well, I'll keep my eyes open.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 7:54 pm

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
Unless you are at the domestic terminal in Atlanta for check in and have a international iten. Even KMs can't avoid the bus ride around.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by patrickATX
Unless you are at the domestic terminal in Atlanta for check in and have a international iten. Even KMs can't avoid the bus ride around.
Isn't that what the fleet of Porsche's are for?
Old Jun 3, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: DL KM (charter)
I was travelling via CRJ-200 this week without an F cabin. GAs were enforcing carry-on policies to the extreme (basically, everything was gate-checked).

Upon arrival, ground staff brought the shelving cart up to the jetbridge to allow PAX to collect their bags. And as the roll-up cover door was opened, right there, in the middle of the second shelf down was my carry-on with KM tag proudly showing (it looked great amongst all those DM and PM tags).

There was a moment of pause while folks just stared, and then looked at each other. Nobody moved. They stared. I shoved my way through, pulled my bag off, extended the handle, glanced up at people looking at the tag, and then wheeled it away. It was a Magic Moment.

Then I heard the other folks collecting their bags. I don't know if it was shock, awe, or just respect, but it was classic.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 7:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Believe it or not, my KM tag actually got me into the Czech Air "Crystal Lounge" in Prague. The receptionist just looked at and welcomed me in. I was not even trying to use it - I just put my briefcase, with the tag attached, on the counter.

(I did not feel in the least guilty as not only was I allowed entry on the basis of being a GM flying internationally, but also having an FC ticket.)
Old Jun 3, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by immiLawyer
...There was a moment of pause while folks just stared, and then looked at each other. Nobody moved. They stared. I shoved my way through, pulled my bag off, extended the handle, glanced up at people looking at the tag, and then wheeled it away. It was a Magic Moment.

Then I heard the other folks collecting their bags. I don't know if it was shock, awe, or just respect, but it was classic.
+1. My favorite sound is the sound of quiet as I walk in with the KM tag... (thank you MSP and MSY)

[PS- BR, you've sure 'won' over DL's own game, as there are hardly any DL employee I met by now for whom my KM tag is the first one to be seen. Therefore, reminder to y'all- be polite and respectful, they do remember you...]

Last edited by DLroads; Jun 5, 2012 at 9:45 am
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:36 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond

I have over a dozen domestic flights scheduled with DL at the end of june/early July. I wonder what where should I place my KM tag - on a backpack or on a trolley. The former seems less optimal as you cannot see the tag while wearing the backpack... Any thoughts/experience?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:45 am

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (PM), HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Syrgul
I'll admit, I never bothered reading this thread (and in fact still haven't beyond the first few pages) until I saw a KM tag in the SC at LGA a few minutes ago.

Gotta say, you got me on that one.
I bet that was me.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:46 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by ajs123
I have over a dozen domestic flights scheduled with DL at the end of june/early July. I wonder what where should I place my KM tag - on a backpack or on a trolley. The former seems less optimal as you cannot see the tag while wearing the backpack... Any thoughts/experience?
I have mine on my roller.

On another note, when I'm found, the lucky recipient will be getting the road tested version on the KM tag, I'm then going to put a fresh one on my bag
Will be in Term F SkyClub on Wed night.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I just wish to make clear to any attractive, female, FTer who is reading this thread that should she spot my KM tag, become clearly excited, and walk up to me saying, "I TOTALLY know who you are," it is not the tag that I am liable to offer her.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 12:58 pm

No takers in ATL b25 lounge this AM. Thought for sure one of the guys at the bar talking about fare classes would have been an FT'r. He sure eyeballed my KM tag a but.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
No takers in ATL b25 lounge this AM.
Drat, I was in that club yesterday
Old Jun 5, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
A new KM benefit

I was told that now we get a fly-by in honor of our KM status...

But it goes pretty fast

Well, this KM may get home today. If not, one of the benefits is sending in a jet to take you home, isn't it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.