Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guesting nonDL flyer at DTW

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Guesting nonDL flyer at DTW

Is there any other way to guest a nonDL-flyer at DTW DSC without:

-buying a refundable ticket
-reserving conference room for a fee

Thanks

EDIT: the nonDL-flyer would be enjoying a SPIRIT AIR flight out of the North Terminal

Last edited by aubreyfromwheaton; Jun 29, 2011 at 12:00 pm
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
Is there any other way to guest a nonDL-flyer at DTW DSC without:

-buying a refundable ticket
-reserving conference room for a fee

Thanks
You reference buying a refundable ticket...is this person not flying at all? If you are a member you can let them in as a guest, but they need to be past TSA
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
Some details missing here--

1) Are they flying? (Probably required, doubt you'll get a boarding pass equivalent for a guest only)

2) Are you flying? (You don't need to be, you can ask for a pass to get through TSA to visit the SkyClub even if you're not flying).

If you're a DL SkyClub member, and present with your guest, you can bring anyone you want into the SkyClub.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Are you traveling with the guest? Some airports give gate passes to allow a non-ticketed passenger through security and to the skyclub. Not sure if DTW does.

It would probably be easier to purchase a refundable ticket, check in online or at the kiosk and then cancel it after going through security.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
sorry guest will be flying SPIRIT AIR out of the North Terminal....

Delta, as you know is in the Mcnamara
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, HH Diamond, MR Lifetime Plat/Titanium, National Exec Elite
Seems way more trouble than it is worth. As far as i know there is no airside transfer between the terminals. So, your guest would have to get land side transport from North to McNamara, convince TSA to allow them through security with their Spirit boarding pass (wrong terminal of travel), spend time in the club, then traverse back through the landside transfer over to the North Terminal to travel.

That much work and security makes my brain hurt.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by b0nd0
Seems way more trouble than it is worth. ....

That much work and security makes my brain hurt.
Well if there was an easy way like getting a guest pass at the ticket counter which explained the situation to TSA (oh yeah I see you are flying NK today but you want to go to DSC for a couple hours) it wouldn't be that big a deal, nor would it be alarming.

Does such a thing exist? That is my question.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
Well if there was an easy way like getting a guest pass at the ticket counter which explained the situation to TSA (oh yeah I see you are flying NK today but you want to go to DSC for a couple hours) it wouldn't be that big a deal, nor would it be alarming.

Does such a thing exist? That is my question.
I've gone through plenty of security checkpoints that didn't make any sense for my boarding pass... LAX and JFK namely. I've never been asked, but I'm pretty sure they'd let them through-- they are traveling, they have proper ID and they're about to clear security, so they're not any more risky than they would be at the other terminal. The legitimate excuse of wanting to visit the SC would probably suffice. YMMV, this is the TSA afterall.

Let us know how you get on though, would be interesting to know for future potential.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.