Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Dulles or Regan to Hawaii August 2012: Advice/Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dulles or Regan to Hawaii August 2012: Advice/Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Talking Dulles or Regan to Hawaii August 2012: Advice/Question

My wife and I have 160,000 delta skymiles to get us and two others to Hawaii August 2012. It is not first class and it is on the low end, but it should hopefully work. I have 80K miles in my account and my wife has 80K. I was thinking of calling them so that all four of us would be on the same flight together. I know there will be a fee to do it over the phone, but otherwise, we might not all get on the same flight b/c I don't know how many award seats they have per flight. IAD-ATL-HNL. Any advice for my situation calling over the phone vs online?

My question is: Can we get a stop over let's say in SFO for a few days on our way home? I say SFO b/c we have done ATL many times. Will that cost more miles?

Thanks!!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
One can have a stopover on a Delta award.

If you really want four people on the same flights you will do better by calling. Breaking up the party to 2 + 2 may give you more and cheaper options. Be sure to ask the agent for routings on Alaska Airlines, too.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks 3Cforme! I appreciate it! Any other advice from others??
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
As your header notes, I would also check DCA (as well as BWI) and then sort out best options. You never know where you will get better availability. All things being equal I strongly prefer DCA to IAD, esp. to ATL becs. there is virtually hourly service.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, Starwood Plat
I would go through ATL because it is usually on the 330 which has AVOD. You could also select through DTW or MSP if they have the non stops back by then. The flights through SFO/LAX/SEA are usually on older 57's that may only have overhead video.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:47 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
most airlines will only book 11 months out on awards & 12 mo for paid....however, you could call now to get your ?'s answered....good luck....
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone!! I really appreciate it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.