Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Your stories? International Elites that fly AirFrance (mostly)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your stories? International Elites that fly AirFrance (mostly)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
I used to do this all the time, before switching to Star, and it worked well for me. Particularly in Y, AF food/beverages/service are far superior. And I think better in J too.

I even got op-upped by AF, as a DL plat.

I usually terminate in CDG, but I'm tehre all the time. I gues YMMV, but I think it's an excellent airport, better than almost any in the U.S. The only problems I face are inbound when a bunch of Africa/Middle East flights gets in just before you -- slows down immigration a lot.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 4:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
Are there any international elite medallion members that fly mostly on airfrance? Delta tickets for regular economy international seem to be a lot more expensive than AirFrance Premium Economy. How does airfrance work for you? How is connecting in CDG/JFK/ATL when coming from AirFrance flights? How do they treat you in Premimum Economy? Any other tips and tricks?
just got finished with a flight in I on AF - JFK to CDG. Service was substandard. I didn't like the fact that the food service seemed rushed, the dessert was only one choice and was served with the appetizer. The main meal service was served off a food cart. It was removed from the cart, the tin foil peeled back and dropped on my tray table. The only thing decent was the seat.

I took Delta in I on the way home - MAD to JFK in I (764D). Completely blew the AF product out of the water, in ALL categories.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.