Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond that acts like a 2 yr old

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by hfly
If I have witnessed 100 DYKWIA incidents, I would estimate that 60 of them were FO, 30 of them were GM, 9 of them were PM and one was DM. It has never failed to amaze me some of the garbage that Silver's come out with.............
Someone announced to me that they are silver and need to cut in front of me to board.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by avidflyer
A HKG based Silver missing her flight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbVw7entkxg
Jingle your DM tags for her and she will calm down... Isn't that their purpose, to passify the babies?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by skchin
Someone announced to me that they are silver and need to cut in front of me to board.
And your reply.....?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
As far as meltdowns and rants go, I have seen all types do it. It is funnier when a Precious Medal* does it... well, sometimes it is funny... other times, I just start to feel embarassed for the people making asses of themselves.
And sometimes it becomes a thread of epic proportions
Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
And sometimes it becomes a thread of epic proportions
That one kinda pulled a Brett Farve...
Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
And your reply.....?
I told her to go ahead.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by skchin
I told her to go ahead.
Disappointing.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by HongKonger
Disappointing.
Totally
Old Jun 28, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
wow was pretty sure this thread was about me on Saturday (but I was in the right)
Old Jun 28, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: Delta KM, United 1K, SPG plat
I saw a Kettle throwing a rather intense hissy fit a few weeks ago.

I was in MSP waiting to board a flight and watching the next gate's GA paging a passenger repeatedly. Everyone else had boarded. Eventually she closed her door and walked into the jetway to give the AC the final paperwork and send-off.

That's when this young man came in on a golf cart and ran to the door. Our GA told him "you missed it". His response was a very loud "Awww F*CK!". And then he spotted the plane at the end of the jetway, so he started pounding on the door and screaming "STOP THE PLANE!!"

Eventually the GA made her way back out and he tried to get past her and she indicated that he had missed the plane. He couldn't accept that he missed a plane he could still physically see. He started yelling at the GA that Delta was the worst airline in the world and he couldn't believe they did this to him AGAIN.

He screamed that he had gone to the gate from which the flight was originally scheduled to depart but had then been informed that it had changed to this one. The GA tried explaining to him but he kept ramping it up, screaming and threatening her. He ripped up his boarding pass and threw it in her face. That's when I stepped in really close.

The GA called a redcoat over and that when it came out that he previous flight had actually landed 2 HOURS earlier, and that the reason he didn't know about the gate change was that he was getting drunk in an airport bar.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 6:04 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by generaltao
I saw a Kettle throwing a rather intense hissy fit a few weeks ago.

I was in MSP waiting to board a flight and watching the next gate's GA paging a passenger repeatedly. Everyone else had boarded. Eventually she closed her door and walked into the jetway to give the AC the final paperwork and send-off.

That's when this young man came in on a golf cart and ran to the door. Our GA told him "you missed it". His response was a very loud "Awww F*CK!". And then he spotted the plane at the end of the jetway, so he started pounding on the door and screaming "STOP THE PLANE!!"

Eventually the GA made her way back out and he tried to get past her and she indicated that he had missed the plane. He couldn't accept that he missed a plane he could still physically see. He started yelling at the GA that Delta was the worst airline in the world and he couldn't believe they did this to him AGAIN.

He screamed that he had gone to the gate from which the flight was originally scheduled to depart but had then been informed that it had changed to this one. The GA tried explaining to him but he kept ramping it up, screaming and threatening her. He ripped up his boarding pass and threw it in her face. That's when I stepped in really close.

The GA called a redcoat over and that when it came out that he previous flight had actually landed 2 HOURS earlier, and that the reason he didn't know about the gate change was that he was getting drunk in an airport bar.
Why was he on a cart? Did he steal it?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
I can't believe a DM would expect another customer to remove luggage from the OH bin to make room for his/her jingling bag. The status is a relationship between the DM member and the airline. Why would any DM member think that the other customers are supposed to bow to it? Amazing!
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
One more time...

This deserves one more run here...it is fantastic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCqm4...e_gdata_player
Old Jun 28, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
This deserves one more run here...it is fantastic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCqm4...e_gdata_player
That is good ^
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:14 pm

On the show "Airline," it ALWAYS turned out that the problem customer was getting drunk in the bar and that's why they couldn't find them.

It got to the point where I yelled, "check the bar!" every time they couldn't find someone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.