Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:02 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by JW6130
based on the non-medallion or lower-medallion boarding passes I see in FC on my flights
good lord are you serious? please don't strain your neck muscles craning to nose into everyone else's business. Safety first.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by pvn
good lord are you serious? please don't strain your neck muscles craning to nose into everyone else's business. Safety first.
Sadly I know from experience there are nosey .......s like this. I have even had medallions ask to look at my BP wanting to know how I got an upgrade. As you say MYOBB -Mind Your Own Bloody Business
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Just checked in for tomorrow's IAD-ATL-XXX. Offered $139 for IAD-ATL only, on an MD-88. At the moment I'm 4 of 25 with 5 FC available.

$139 for a PDB is simply not worth it.

---Updated---

At the gate I'm 5 of 50 with 1 available. Fairly certain it's reasonable those were sold, especially because I think I remember WWads is about 😉. Anybody think the $139 range is attractive for a 1.5 hour flight?

Not bemoaning as I'm a WFBF guy, but seems like the upgrade success continues to decrease on the IAD-ATL route.

Last edited by tvtd; Mar 31, 2017 at 11:59 am Reason: Updated Info
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tvtd
Just checked in for tomorrow's IAD-ATL-XXX. Offered $139 for IAD-ATL only, on an MD-88. At the moment I'm 4 of 25 with 5 FC available.

$139 for a PDB is simply not worth it.
You should be fine. IAD isn't known for seeing a ton of DMs or SDC.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
I agree.

However his previous paragraphs hit closer to home. Making PM greatly reduced 'deals' of actually really cheap offers. Now it's basically just the difference of the fare at booking. IE Main Cabin to FC. For an example saw things like 65/rt from main cabin to FC ATL-SAN. Empty FC.

I get stuff like 139 each way at a PM ATL-MCO and the cabin is empty. Many more examples. I think they know loyalty is there and thus the offers aren't substantial.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: IHG Spire
All the time, and I'm usually all about it. I had no qualms buying this one. $25.25 per segment- I used to pay almost that much for one bag. Piece of cake! Curiously, DL doesn't offer these to our formerly GM purchaser. I get offers regularly, even single segments if other legs are sold out or on CRJs.

Last edited by Cyberian; Mar 30, 2017 at 7:52 pm
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
I agree.

However his previous paragraphs hit closer to home. Making PM greatly reduced 'deals' of actually really cheap offers. Now it's basically just the difference of the fare at booking. IE Main Cabin to FC. For an example saw things like 65/rt from main cabin to FC ATL-SAN. Empty FC.
Exactly - I noticed this when I first hit PM with Delta. On U and AA, in the rare instances I fly them, I frequently get FCM offers at check-in. Since I generally travel light, it has to be a very compelling offer.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
$169 DEN-SEA at OLCI, 6 seats remaining. Passed. Did notice that the F cabin shrunk overnight from 12 to 9 seats.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel
$169 DEN-SEA at OLCI, 6 seats remaining. Passed. Did notice that the F cabin shrunk overnight from 12 to 9 seats.
Sounds like they subbed in an E170. Didn't think that there were too many of those on the West Coast.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
For an example saw things like 65/rt from main cabin to FC ATL-SAN. Empty FC.
Even as a DM I would be all over that one. Worth it for the extra MQMs
Old Mar 31, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by WWads
Sounds like they subbed in an E170. Didn't think that there were too many of those on the West Coast.
Yes, Compass E170. Was an E175. One way to keep seats from going out empty. Although at $169, and only two seats occupied in C+ and none in Preferred, that might still happen AND this AS flyer might be upgraded.

Last edited by rustykettel; Mar 31, 2017 at 1:18 pm Reason: C+, not E+. What airline am I flying again?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Yes, Compass E170. Was an E175. One way to keep seats from going out empty. Although at $169, and only two seats occupied in E+ and none in Preferred, that might still happen AND this AS flyer might be upgraded.
Good luck to you. ^

You would have been upgraded on several of my flights last year, so it's certainly possible on the right routes.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 11:46 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by WWads
I don't keep a Flight Memory so I can't be sure but ISTR seeing the E170 subbed in on SJC-LAS or the reverse at some point last year.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
I don't keep a Flight Memory so I can't be sure but ISTR seeing the E170 subbed in on SJC-LAS or the reverse at some point last year.
I use flightdiary.net

I have every flight from the last few years in there. Maps them out and everything.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Even as a DM I would be all over that one. Worth it for the extra MQMs
I did. Again I saw that as a FO...

My wife and my just under 2yr old enjoyed bulkhead FC going and coming. No brainer at 65/rt.

I haven't seen a sub 100 EACH WAY since Platinum. And from this thread it sounds like Diamond's hardly even see any FCM offers. Or if they do, like me, it's just the fare difference cut in half and advertised as 'per segment'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.