Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

40,000 (15k MQM) and 2 Sky Club passes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

40,000 (15k MQM) and 2 Sky Club passes?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2011, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by JBa
Nowadays it's less crowded in the terminals than the SCs. I'm staying out of them.
ORD this week... no chairs available, and a dozen or so folks sitting on the floor.

Oh..the high class ambiance.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by mlad1101
There are offers like this fairly regularly. Last was 40K SM, 15k MQM and $100 statement credit on first Delta purchase.
Do you have a link to this and is it still valid.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Do you have a link to this and is it still valid.
It expired about a week ago. 40k RDM + 15k MQM was split into two... 25k RDM/5k MQM after first purchase, 15k RDM/10k MQM after $1,000 spend in 3 months. $100 statement credit after first DL purchase.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 1:03 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by javabytes

It expired about a week ago. 40k RDM + 15k MQM was split into two... 25k RDM/5k MQM after first purchase, 15k RDM/10k MQM after $1,000 spend in 3 months. $100 statement credit after first DL purchase.
This is a recurring offer. In essence the same offer as this except for how they post(30k first purchase here) instead of $100 DL credit, 2 SC passes($100 value)
Old Jun 27, 2011, 4:53 pm

seems like a good deal

40k miles for the Platinum card seems like a good deal, I think I'll pull the trigger on this one. The usual offer I've seen is 20k miles I think. And you get 2 Sky Club passes...
Old Jun 28, 2011, 1:37 am

Programs: All of em...
Are Delta Skymiles cards churnable?
I've had a Gold one (standard 25k offer) for about 14 months and wondered if I canceled it, if I could get a new Delta card in a few months?

Anyone with any experience churning these?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:04 pm

If you alredy have a different Amex, can you apply for this then merge the accounts later?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:21 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, USAirways Silver, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver, Omni Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by travelingfool23
40k miles for the Platinum card seems like a good deal, I think I'll pull the trigger on this one. The usual offer I've seen is 20k miles I think. And you get 2 Sky Club passes...
Take a screen capture of the web pages and be prepared to fax them in when you don't get full credit for the offer.
(Also, be prepared for Amex to lose the fax, not follow up, and then say someone called [who curiously did not leave a message] and spend 6 weeks talking to people who repeatedly apologize and say they'll get this straightened out right away)
Not saying that's going to happen, but it has happened before.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 5:33 am

I have the same question.

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Are Delta Skymiles cards churnable?
I've had a Gold one (standard 25k offer) for about 14 months and wondered if I canceled it, if I could get a new Delta card in a few months?

Anyone with any experience churning these?
Old Jul 5, 2011, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by SpaceAce
Take a screen capture of the web pages and be prepared to fax them in when you don't get full credit for the offer.
(Also, be prepared for Amex to lose the fax, not follow up, and then say someone called [who curiously did not leave a message] and spend 6 weeks talking to people who repeatedly apologize and say they'll get this straightened out right away)
Not saying that's going to happen, but it has happened before.
I singed up for this promotion about 2 weeks ago and just got my card today. when i call them to make sure that this promotion is applied to my account, the agent stated that they could not find it

The agent further stated that a notation will be made to my account and they will get back to me in writing in 7 business days.

......how should i proceed in this matter?

This promotion was something i could not pass up and it was the sole reason that i signed up for the card.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 9:06 am

Promo ended?

I was in the process of applying for this card (had filled out form), and when I returned to the screen to complete the offer and hit submit, I got a message saying "We apologize that the offer you are looking for may no longer be available. Click here for the current offer".

The current offer is 10,000 SM with first purchase - not the 30,000 that I was expecting.

Does anyone have an offer code for this? I have the URL, and will call customer service to see if I can still submit an application for the card.

Very weird, AMEX...
Old Jul 6, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Went through this for a friend yesterday. They said the promotion was not attached to the account at first and then couldn't find it. They called back about an hour+ later and stated they had found the promotion. Told me if the miles/MQM's didn't post on their own to have them call back and they will manually add them. POID: T728:0002
Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
I am on the phone with them now, anyone have a code for this offer? trying to get it retroactively!!
Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
I am on the phone with them now, anyone have a code for this offer? trying to get it retroactively!!
I gave them the long number on the post above yours and they said they would have to have a scan of my offer. I told them I didn't have it anymore as I applied in March (the truth) and they said they would refer it to Delta to see what they could do. Miles all posted! Now I will see if I can get the SC passes.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Thanks. I don't care much about the passes as I am a Diamond, would rather have them waive the annual fee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.