Search

Delta SkyClub Lifetime Membership

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:39 pm
formerly Mdanner423
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Delta SkyClub Lifetime Membership

Does anyone remember when is the last time Delta offered these for sale? How often have they done so in the past? Any clue what the cost was?

Thanks,
Matthew
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
PMNW did for about $3k. Haven't seen anything like it since.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by javabytes
PMNW did for about $3k.
I purchased mine from NW in the mid-80s for much, much less. ^
kthomas likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
20+ years ago... guessing just under $1k at that time?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
They gave it to us like 10 or so years ago and then took it back...
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
People would pay for lifetime of fake cheese in crowded zoos? Wow, just shocking.
kthomas likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
PMNW did for about $3k. Haven't seen anything like it since.
that sounds about right for a gold pricing in the mid-90's when I purchased mine
Old Jun 16, 2011, 8:07 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
20+ years ago... guessing just under $1k at that time?
My recollection was 1985 --- it was still tax deductible then (tax deduction was eliminated for clubs in the 1986 tax bill) --- $600 +/-
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:41 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, DL 0.8MM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by mnredfox
People would pay for lifetime of fake cheese in crowded zoos? Wow, just shocking.
When I bought my lifetime membership it was for something called a 'Worldclub'... The cheese was real, the agents were empowered, and I don't recall ever sitting on the floor to charge my laptop
N501US, kthomas and BigFishDave like this.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by td_in_training
When I bought my lifetime membership it was for something called a 'Worldclub'... The cheese was real, the agents were empowered, and I don't recall ever sitting on the floor to charge my laptop
ah the golden age of airlines....I still have my lifetime WC card...every once in a while I'll present it instead of my BP (it's still easier to access some clubs with a WC card then a SC card)
Old Apr 4, 2017, 11:01 am

Lifetime member

I still have my (and use it at MSP) the Lifetime membership I bought way back in the ?? maybe 80's.
As I remember it cost $500 and was 'Grandfathered' when Delta took over Northwest. Delta does not offer 'Lifetime memberships'
Prior to having to BUY a membership there use to be a "Frequent Flyer Club" membership that was FREE to anyone that flew a lot back around the 70's.
I still show it sometimes at MSP just to get a laugh from the 'OLD' crew that are still around, which is not many now days.
2055055 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I paid $600 for my lifetime TWA Ambassador Club (lounge) membership at a time when there was a promo to get a big bunch of miles with the purchase. Unfortunately, it only covered the lifetime of TWA plus a year or two.
kthomas likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:54 pm

Just prior to combining, NW still sold a lifetime club membership while DL did not. Lifetime for NW was a little over $2800. 0n 9/2009 NW credited unused portion of a 3 year membership fee leaving a net cost of $2415. This became a lifetime DL admission plus 2 guests. To date, cost per each admission is $6.80 and still falling. One of my better buys.
kthomas and lindros2 like this.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I paid $600 for my lifetime TWA Ambassador Club (lounge) membership at a time when there was a promo to get a big bunch of miles with the purchase. Unfortunately, it only covered the lifetime of TWA plus a year or two.
IIRC My wife's and my TWA Lifetime memberships were purchased by AA out of TWA's bankruptcy. AA kept them for a year and then offered annuals which caused many (myself included) to pretty much put AA on a do not fly list. What's funny in a way is that our Eastern Ionosphere Lifetimes went to USAir (who honored them) and have now become AA Lifetime. Our Northwest's are now DL Lifetimes.

Overall, while I don't remember the exact costs, we've made out well on all of them. The only one I can trace exactly is AA from EA which is 35 years old (1982).
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, WorldPerks
I got mine through Western back in the late 1970's. Cost me $250. Delta wanted to take it away when they merged since they didn't offer a Lifetime membership. Offered me three years free. I said BS and with several other SLC flyers threatened to sue. "You bought the assets of Western and the liabilities. If you consider us a liability, so be it." Anyway it never came to that, they saw our point.

At the same time I bought lifetime memberships in American, United, Northwest, TWA and Pan Am clubs as well. I flew a lot back then. Total cost for all of them was around $2500 IIRC. Going on 40+ years, I can still use three of them!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.