Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta SkyClub Lifetime Membership

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2023, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Pan Am

I bought mine in the 60's or 70's from Pan Am. It was in the $400 range as far as I remember. Delta took it over with WorldPass and other Pan Am liabilities.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 1:41 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Curious

I’m curious how many lifetime membership still exist out there? I thought about it today when I used it to get in a Delta sky club when I was not flying Delta. I totally forgot about that perk. I bought mine over 25 years ago. One of the best investments I ever made. Although $2500 at the time was a lot of money for me
NOLAnwGOLD likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by jjlovecub
I’m curious how many lifetime membership still exist out there? I thought about it today when I used it to get in a Delta sky club when I was not flying Delta. I totally forgot about that perk. I bought mine over 25 years ago. One of the best investments I ever made. Although $2500 at the time was a lot of money for me
Don't forget the orphaned NW Worldclub kiddies DL adopted.
$999 in 1995
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:32 pm

Programs: None that I am proud of anymore
I got mine back in the 70's from Western Airlines merged with Delta sometime in I believe '87 ?
Grandfathered Lifetime renewal ever since that time - a terrific bargain windfall.
But it is not like the ole days when the clubs were no where near crowded and with all those new restrictions.
Still yet it is some sort of haven with better beverages and food than the past.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:32 pm

Programs: None that I am proud of anymore
deleted

Last edited by DLERT; Jan 1, 2024 at 11:33 pm Reason: delete dupe posting
Old Jan 12, 2024, 11:58 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
Price varied if you were Platinum, Gold or Silver Elite

Originally Posted by KenfromDE
Just prior to combining, NW still sold a lifetime club membership while DL did not. Lifetime for NW was a little over $2800. 0n 9/2009 NW credited unused portion of a 3 year membership fee leaving a net cost of $2415. This became a lifetime DL admission plus 2 guests. To date, cost per each admission is $6.80 and still falling. One of my better buys.
The cost of the NWA lifetime WC membership (pre merger) was discounted from $4,800 for Silver, Gold and Platinum Elite members. Each tier recieved a different discount.

I was Platinum Elite (recieved the $2,800 overall cost) and used remaining credit for a 3 year membership and $2315 cash for my NWA WC lifetime membership. When the merger was complete it transfered over as a Skyclub Lifetime membership.

RC
Old Jan 12, 2024, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by tentseller
Don't forget the orphaned NW Worldclub kiddies DL adopted.
$999 in 1995
I knew that but couldn't afford that, as I was still a poor college student then. I had enough and got the 3 year then however.

Jiburi
Old Jan 12, 2024, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I purchased mine as a NW lifetime in the 2000’s for $2500 as a Gold member.

Keep in mind, that in those days, even the best of domestic clubs had nothing more than nuts and drinks. There was no buffet bar or anything like that.

I remember in the 90’s when I lived in Cincinnati (when I had a three-year Crown Room Membership), I would drive to the airport and sit in the club for hours writing my thesis. To get online (AOL), I would go to the phone kiosk and unplug the corded phone, attached the cord to my laptop, and dial the local AOL number from my modem.
hhdl likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 7:23 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Ouch

Talk about one of life's regrets....I almost bought it for around $300-$500 in the early eighties......although it may have been a bit more. Definitely under $1,000
Old Feb 21, 2024, 7:08 pm

Programs: Delta
My husband and I purchased our lifetime memberships back in 1985. When purchased there were no restrictions whatsoever. We could use the club whether not we flew Delta. We could use it regardless of what type of fare we purchased. We only had to show our lifetime membership cards. We don't travel that much anymore but a few times per year down to our place in Arizona and back. Yesterday we went to the Sky Club in Seattle and were turned away because we had not purchased Main Cabin fares. When we were turned away it was a bit embarrassing and I have to say the employee was not very nice about it. It would have been a little face-saving if she had said something kind or at least looked sympathetic but we got none of that. We left without argument but then we wondered: this must mean that we must fly Delta and can't fly other airlines! Again, when we purchased these lifetime memberships there were no restrictions whatsoever. How can they change that contract now - after the fact? Seems to us they have a fiduciary responsibility to honor the contract that they agreed to when we purchased it. So we called Delta Customer Service and were told we could fly other airlines as long as we did not fly Basic fare (or the equivalent). Really? So this means I could fly United or Alaska, their competitors, at business or first class - thus giving their competititors the business, and they would reward me by allowing me into the Sky Club?! But if I am loyal and purchase a fare on Delta - even though it's basic - they will not allow me that. How does that make any sense??
DCFlyer0306 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sweeneyn14
My husband and I purchased our lifetime memberships back in 1985. When purchased there were no restrictions whatsoever. We could use the club whether not we flew Delta. We could use it regardless of what type of fare we purchased. We only had to show our lifetime membership cards. We don't travel that much anymore but a few times per year down to our place in Arizona and back. Yesterday we went to the Sky Club in Seattle and were turned away because we had not purchased Main Cabin fares. When we were turned away it was a bit embarrassing and I have to say the employee was not very nice about it. It would have been a little face-saving if she had said something kind or at least looked sympathetic but we got none of that. We left without argument but then we wondered: this must mean that we must fly Delta and can't fly other airlines! Again, when we purchased these lifetime memberships there were no restrictions whatsoever. How can they change that contract now - after the fact? Seems to us they have a fiduciary responsibility to honor the contract that they agreed to when we purchased it. So we called Delta Customer Service and were told we could fly other airlines as long as we did not fly Basic fare (or the equivalent). Really? So this means I could fly United or Alaska, their competitors, at business or first class - thus giving their competititors the business, and they would reward me by allowing me into the Sky Club?! But if I am loyal and purchase a fare on Delta - even though it's basic - they will not allow me that. How does that make any sense??
They can't. The agent likely didn't understand you have Lifetime membership. These haven't been sold in nearly 2 decades.

You don't need be on DL or partners, nor in a certain cabin to enter, nor is BE an issue. Quite common mistake. Ask for club manager or airport station manager if they continue to deny.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
They can't. The agent likely didn't understand you have Lifetime membership. These haven't been sold in nearly 2 decades.

You don't need be on DL or partners, nor in a certain cabin to enter, nor is BE an issue. Quite common mistake. Ask for club manager or airport station manager if they continue to deny.
The new rule listings (effective Jan 1st, 2024) don't really make it clear that BE fare access limitation doesn't apply to Lifetime members (they only mention the ability to enter when flying partners for Lifetime members). Not clear if it is just sloppy wording by DL. But I could see DL agents interpreting new rules as no access on BE fares even for Lifetime members.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access

sweeneyn14 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 7:38 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Had this happen so often that I finally printed the terms from DL's website and now carry this printed copy with me to present to SC desk agents who are ignorant of LT SC member rules. This is regarding flying other carriers, not flying BE
sweeneyn14 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The issue of course is that the last Lifetime memberships were sold before many of these agents were born. Someone above said that it has been almost "two decades" more like 3 decades.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hfly
The issue of course is that the last Lifetime memberships were sold before many of these agents were born. Someone above said that it has been almost "two decades" more like 3 decades.
NW was selling these in 2003 I know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.