Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta SkyClub Lifetime Membership

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2024, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am sure that they were, but we were talking DL (sweeny) here weren't we in today's post, for that matter, I would not think that there are too many former NWA club personnel around anymore, let alone Pan Am or Western........
Old Feb 22, 2024, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hfly
I am sure that they were, but we were talking DL (sweeny) here weren't we in today's post, for that matter, I would not think that there are too many former NWA club personnel around anymore, let alone Pan Am or Western........
You do know DL bought NW only around a decade ago? There's still plenty of NW employees around. You do realize NW WC membership (lifetime included) became DL SC memberships?
lsquare and hhdl like this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 6:52 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by flyerCO
You do know DL bought NW only around a decade ago? There's still plenty of NW employees around. You do realize NW WC membership (lifetime included) became DL SC memberships?
Actually we bought our memberships from Western Airlines which was purchased by Delta. I left that out because it did not seem relevant anymore. There has been a class action suit in the past (are you aware of that?) when they tried to limit the lifetime memberships we purchased and they lost that case and had to grandfather us in.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 6:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP75K
NW sold lifetime Worldclub memberships up until the merger was complete (I believe). I do know when the merger was announced, in the old NW forum, there is a thread about buying a lifetime NW membership cause DL didn’t offer one.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by hockeystl
Had this happen so often that I finally printed the terms from DL's website and now carry this printed copy with me to present to SC desk agents who are ignorant of LT SC member rules. This is regarding flying other carriers, not flying BE
Thank you! I will try that as well! I have sent a message off to customer service. We were turned away during a time when the airport was really busy and so we had to wait in long lines to get something to eat and drink. We expect at least an apology. That agent was not nice and we were pretty good about the whole thing. We actually were embarrassed and in a little bit of shock so we just walked away.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 6:56 pm

Had this happen so often that I finally printed the terms from DL's website and now carry this printed copy with me to present to SC desk agents who are ignorant of LT SC member rules. This is regarding flying other carriers, not flying BE

Any chance you could send a link to where I could find those terms? I've been looking all over and can't find them.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 7:19 pm

2008 was a decade ago?
sweeneyn14 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
2008 was a decade ago?
Most of merger didn't happen till late 2009/2010. Point is there's still plenty of NW employees around.

Regardless, the main thing was poster stated LT membership hadn't been available for 3 decades, when quite obviously (as others have supported) LT WC were sold well into mid/late 00s.

I remember being told need buy one now, they're going away.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sweeneyn14
Actually we bought our memberships from Western Airlines which was purchased by Delta. I left that out because it did not seem relevant anymore. There has been a class action suit in the past (are you aware of that?) when they tried to limit the lifetime memberships we purchased and they lost that case and had to grandfather us in.
Yep plenty aware. Whole reason I know that DL doesn't change terms for LT members.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 8:24 pm

Quote:
They can't. The agent likely didn't understand you have Lifetime membership. These haven't been sold in nearly 2 decades.

You don't need be on DL or partners, nor in a certain cabin to enter, nor is BE an issue. Quite common mistake. Ask for club manager or airport station manager if they continue to deny.
The new rule listings (effective Jan 1st, 2024) don't really make it clear that BE fare access limitation doesn't apply to Lifetime members (they only mention the ability to enter when flying partners for Lifetime members). Not clear if it is just sloppy wording by DL. But I could see DL agents interpreting new rules as no access on BE fares even for Lifetime members.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access

Thank you! I am printing this out.

Last edited by sweeneyn14; Feb 22, 2024 at 8:26 pm Reason: missed the quote
Old Feb 22, 2024, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by sweeneyn14

Any chance you could send a link to where I could find those terms? I've been looking all over and can't find them.
Never mind! Found the link. Thanks again!

Link to confirm membership info for lifetime members
hockeystl likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It has been 16 years since the merger, 18 years IIRC since NWA sold Lifetimes, about 30 since DL sold Lifetimes, about 34 years since Pan Am last sold them, and about 40 since Western sold them. While SEA probably had a higher number of NWA flights at the end of NWA, and def more int'l flights, how many staff would NWA have had there at the end of NWA? 600? How many were above 50 at the time? A high percentage? How many that worked the NWA club under that age, would still be doing so? How many would have taken buy outs etc over the years? So yes I posit that your chances of getting a lounge dragon that knows anything about this are still very low.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 8:26 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by hfly
It has been 16 years since the merger, 18 years IIRC since NWA sold Lifetimes,
Purchased my LT WC membership in MEM in late 2009 for $2815 from my favorite agent there; Rene. I was on the fence but Rene convinced me it was a great investment and she also emphasized the LT memberships would no longer be available after the merger. I still recall standing at the desk there at MEM SC while she processed the transaction. She was 100% correct. So glad I pulled the trigger. Perhaps my best travel-related investment ever.
hi55us likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, 15 years then. far more than a decade and also around 3 decades since Delta sold them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.