Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Just checked in as a Silver Medallion, getting Sky Priority messages

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just checked in as a Silver Medallion, getting Sky Priority messages

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:53 am

hmmm... I'm a lowly FO and literally think that I've received skypriority ever flight I've been on this year... Next flight will put me to Gold so if it was a glitch it was the best glitch ever. I've loved it. I do usually book exit rows though so maybe thats it.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
I was thinking, perhaps FO will now be given Zone 1 since AmEx holders will be Zone 2?

Although I am FO, I will also become Gold very soon (in the next 2 weeks ) and then onto Platinum (perhaps if I think it's worth it) by year's end... after "slumming" it in FO for more than 7 years, I will break out of FO...

I hope though that FOs do have boarding priority over AmEx
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Pathfinder813
I was thinking, perhaps FO will now be given Zone 1 since AmEx holders will be Zone 2?

Although I am FO, I will also become Gold very soon (in the next 2 weeks ) and then onto Platinum (perhaps if I think it's worth it) by year's end... after "slumming" it in FO for more than 7 years, I will break out of FO...

I hope though that FOs do have boarding priority over AmEx
I am a PM now, but still feel FO's should have access to the SP TSA security screening lane. I would like to see DL do a separate boarding zone after zone 2 but before 3 for am ex card holders, the way WN does family boarding between groups A and B. It is very unfair to FO members to have to fight for bin space with someone that just has an Am Ex that doesn't fly much.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I am a PM now, but still feel FO's should have access to the SP TSA security screening lane. I would like to see DL do a separate boarding zone after zone 2 but before 3 for am ex card holders, the way WN does family boarding between groups A and B. It is very unfair to FO members to have to fight for bin space with someone that just has an Am Ex that doesn't fly much.
Well in DL's eyes, FOs don't fly that much either...
Old Sep 1, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
nail it down

Originally Posted by thirtyfour
EDIT: Just checked 'my trips' on delta.com and I see the Sky Priority banner. . . . I'll reprint my BP at the kiosk tomorrow and see what I get.
Or reprint it now and nail it down.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
I just tried again. Sky Priority doesn't show up after checking in, but is still there in 'my trips.' Oh well, at least I still have Zone 1.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Unless they fly enough to be PM, but started traveling mid-year!

It seems like they would do something to avoid driving away frequent travelers before we complete our "hazing" period.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 2:47 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
only the strong

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Originally Posted by dcline414
Unless they fly enough to be PM, but started traveling mid-year!

It seems like they would do something to avoid driving away frequent travelers before we complete our "hazing" period.
Only the strong survive.

But then, according to the megathread, there may be a few openings in the upper ranks before long . . .
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by LR3GuyJoe
Yeah seriously lol delete this thread.
Guess they were either too lazy or too naive....
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:16 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by cabingirl
That's interesting. On my last trip at the end of July, I was in an exit row on the first leg. I had SP on the first boarding pass, but I assumed it was because I had an upgrade on the second leg.

The checkin page indicated that "my" SP benefits included priority baggage handling...
I can confirm that a none status kettle in Y seated in a exit row will get SP. I had a co-worker with me last week and on seperate PNR's and called DL and asked he be seated next to me.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Slight off-topic and apologies if this is a DL change (haven't been on FT for a few months).

Missed upgrade on Leg 1. Upgraded (at upgrade window) on Leg 2. Itinerary showed SkyPriority however only BP #2 showed SkyPriority. It is/was my understanding that if you're SkyPriority, you're SP for the entire flying day.

It made a difference in the security line this morning.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
When the FO received Zone 1/SkyPriority boarding pass, did they also get the "Have one on us" coupon?
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
When the FO received Zone 1/SkyPriority boarding pass, did they also get the "Have one on us" coupon?
I don't think I've seen a single one of those this year. Granted, I haven't missed MANY upgrades, but of all the flights that are battlefield, I still don't get these.

Maybe Delta is telling me I drink too much.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
I haven't seen one.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by james318
I don't think I've seen a single one of those this year. Granted, I haven't missed MANY upgrades, but of all the flights that are battlefield, I still don't get these.

Maybe Delta is telling me I drink too much.
Make sure you print out your boarding pass from a regular computer and not at the airport. If my upgrade hasn't cleared at check in time, I will check in on my iphone and then when I am near a computer check in again and print out the BP and the have one on us is on the boarding pass. For some reason the ones you print at the kiosks at the airport or the SC don't print them. I wish when you did standby at the airport it would print off on your boarding pass when the standby clears

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.