Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Just checked in as a Silver Medallion, getting Sky Priority messages

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2011, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver

Just did OLCI and had my boarding pass sent to my phone. I'm an FO and Sky priority showed up on the eboarding pass. I def did not get the upgrades. Not that I'm complaining cause if there's not much of a line I'll probably use the elite security line today. Boarding Zone on all legs still shows ZONE 2 but it says Sky Priority Above the barcode thing, not sure what it's actually called, I did print the tickets after the fact just to see and sky priortiy didn't show up on the printed boarding passes just on the e boarding pass. Has anyone else seen this? Also I'll hit gold today on my first leg less than 400MQM to go. Obviously the system doesn't update right away but will I get the 100% RDM bonus on the second and third legs of my flights?
Jeff
Old May 8, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by patriots68
Obviously the system doesn't update right away but will I get the 100% RDM bonus on the second and third legs of my flights?
Unfortunately, no.
Old May 8, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
I use the the mobile boarding pass whenever possible. Even as w SM it always said Sky Priority. I was nice for security lines, etc.

I'm not sure why this shoes up on the phone when it doesn't show up on the paper boarding pass.
Old May 8, 2011, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by florin
Originally Posted by patriots68
Obviously the system doesn't update right away but will I get the 100% RDM bonus on the second and third legs of my flights?
Unfortunately, no.
You do but it is not immediate. It takes a few weeks for it to post retroactively.
Old May 8, 2011, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver
Lately I've only been using the android app to check in and decide to do it from my computer and send it to my phone. It hasn't shown up using the app just when I checked in on the computer and had them text it to my phone.
Old May 8, 2011, 10:38 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
How do you check in from the Android App? I can't find the option.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 7:35 pm

Just checked in as FO, getting Sky Priority messages

Has Delta changed the structure for Sky Priority? I thought it used to only be a benefit for GM and above, or those who are flying in F via any means. But I just checked in for a JFK-LAX flight tomorrow, as an FO with (obviously) no confirmed upgrade, and the flight in my itineraries page shows the Sky Priority banner. Is this a glitch or do FO's now get automatic Sky Priority even without an upgrade?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 7:37 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
I have a related question... Through which lane (Sky Priority or General boarding) does Zone 2 board? The sign says GM and higher but it seems as though Zone 2 usually uses the Sky Priority lane.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL FO
There was a picture posted that showed silver medallion listed on the sky priority.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by markraby
Has Delta changed the structure for Sky Priority? I thought it used to only be a benefit for GM and above, or those who are flying in F via any means. But I just checked in for a JFK-LAX flight tomorrow, as an FO with (obviously) no confirmed upgrade, and the flight in my itineraries page shows the Sky Priority banner. Is this a glitch or do FO's now get automatic Sky Priority even without an upgrade?
As an FO, I always see a banner on the itineraries page that says sky priority and you can click it to find out more about sky priority and how much you should want it. But you do not get it (if you did, it would show up on the boarding pass). You do get to check in at the slightly quieter terminal 2 instead of 3 (because you are doing transcontinental), but that's unrelated.

At most stations the sky priority and FO checkin is combined, which is why you have seen signs that say "sky priority" and list all of the classes in SP, then a horizontal rule followed by silver medallion and Alaska MVP, meaning that the line is for both SP and FO, not that FO gets SP.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by j.bell

At most stations the sky priority and FO checkin is combined, which is why you have seen signs that say "sky priority" and list all of the classes in SP, then a horizontal rule followed by silver medallion and Alaska MVP, meaning that the line is for both SP and FO, not that FO gets SP.
You and I have different experiences in this regard. In most of the places I visit, FO does not get you into the same line as SkyPriority. PHL is about the only major market I've ever seen where FO got you in the SkyPriority line. I'm sure there are others but I ain't seen 'em
Old Jun 2, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by AUDirt
You and I have different experiences in this regard. In most of the places I visit, FO does not get you into the same line as SkyPriority. PHL is about the only major market I've ever seen where FO got you in the SkyPriority line. I'm sure there are others but I ain't seen 'em
Ahh interesting. Just for check in, not for security or boarding (so really only helpful for bag drop). LGA, SAV, CHS, JFK, HNL, BDL I can all remember off of the top of my head have aggregated SP + FO check in (don't always notice if I'm not dropping a bag).
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by LarryJ
I have a related question... Through which lane (Sky Priority or General boarding) does Zone 2 board? The sign says GM and higher but it seems as though Zone 2 usually uses the Sky Priority lane.
Zone 2 boards via the SP lane, and once zone 3 starts all Medallions and premium cabin passengers continue to use the SP lane.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:54 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
My gut says IT fubar just like when they initially rolled SP out....
Old Jun 2, 2011, 11:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP; UA Silver; Marriott Platinum Premier; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Platinum; National Executive Elite
This is strange. I just checked-in as an FO and I also have the Sky Priority banner on my BPs and am listed in Zone 1. When I saw the first one (IAH-ATL) I assumed I got the extremely rare (for an FO or even GM) ATL-TPA upgrade, but no upgrades.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.