Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kettle Invasion

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Tibs
Daytona isn't that far away - like an hour - if you can get service on Delta there - or Tampa, hell I would fly to Miami and drive up there just to avoid kids.
Delta actually just started MIA-MCO service; my suspicion is that anybody with kids is just going to drive their massive SUV, leaving the flight about as sane as possible while still being a torture tube.
Old May 5, 2011, 9:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Well, you were not like your's truly...

I would have got the momma so worked up that she would have backhanded the lil booger eater herself... you were playing checkers when you shoulda been playing chess....
Old May 5, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA fallen Gold, Marriott Gold, Priority Pass, Hertz #1 Gold
Nicely played professor.
Old May 5, 2011, 9:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by obscure2k
IMHO, speaking as a "private poster," a post or thread can lose a degree of credibility when boasting about being on his "5th Woodford."
If you have a top notch Delta FA serving you, it is quite possible to have 5 (or more) cocktails in a two hour period.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by ND76
If you have a top notch Delta FA serving you, it is quite possible to have 5 (or more) cocktails in a two hour period.
Careful... Goldmember is gonna come along and tell you that is bad and stuff....
Old May 5, 2011, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by houserulz77
I'm on 1805 DTW/MCO. Apparently this group of a mom, 2 daughters and the grand kid are all headed to see Mickey Mouse. They had some IROPs situation (probably got ejected from some flight) and because they no doubt complained something awful, they were put in F on this flight. The idiot (man I wish I had a name) CSA who dealt with them thought it would be ok to put this clan in 4A/D and 5A/D.
I'm sitting next to the mother, who is sitting in front of child, who is sitting with the sister. The mom is across the aisle from me, and she is working the guy in 4C to join the mile high club as much as the daughter is working me.
The kid is running up and down the aisle like a mad man, the FA (MCO based so used to this crap) is doing her best to keep everyone happy, and I am on my 5th Woodford.

Oh and the guy in 5C has an "emotional comfort animal" or whatever they call them - my allergies are going nuts.
Then the child was sitting in the grandmother's lap and repeatedly kicking my chair. I asked if the child could stop and the grandmother's response was (not making this up), "Shut up and have another drink ........"
I am really trying to picture this and figure it out but it sounds more like, who's on first?

Sounds like you are saying the "mom" next to you is one of the daughters so the other "mom" is the grandmother. Mom is in 4A, you're in 4B, some guy is in 4C, and grandma is in 4D.

Since they also have seats 5A/D, that puts the child in 5A and the sister/daughter(?) in 5D.

I got the 5C comfort animal guy but 5B is another pax(?). If the crumb snatcher was in 5A behind his mother, how did grandma get 5B so that the child could be in her lap and kick your seat?

Sorry for the seating confusion, must be the 5th Woodford tonight.

BTW, I fly into MCO >30 times/yr and have had a situation similar to this only once. Usually not a problem with families but sometimes it is IROPS, sometimes award tix for the family that moves them up to the front. Sorry this was your flt from hell but most MCO flts are not this bad.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:45 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Daytona isn't that far away - like an hour - if you can get service on Delta there
I flew out of DAB on Tuesday...I lowered the average age on the flight by at least 10 years. There were, 12...yes, 12 wheelchair requests for the flight along with another 5+ who should have used one.

I had to help a paraplegic out of his seat because his wife (35 years his junior) couldn't do it on her own. I bit my tongue and helped...
Old May 6, 2011, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You know, there's nothing in the OP that truly indicates that these were infrequent fliers. They might just as well have been DYKWIA Diamonds, including the kid.

Hey OP, you're only GM. The kid may well have had the right to kick your seat, just as all other Diamonds do. It's right there in the DM package. You're just lucky that Grandma didn't put her bare feet up on your armrest (also noted in the package, but we're too cool to actually do it).

Last edited by PaulMSN; May 6, 2011 at 12:28 am
Old May 6, 2011, 12:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
The mom is across the aisle from me, and she is working the guy in 4C to join the mile high club as much as the daughter is working me.
I don't follow. What are you complaining about?

The daughter is old enough to have a young child, so is obviously of age to provide IFE greatly surpassing that generally offered.
Old May 6, 2011, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
I'm surprised there were that many little bottles on board
that's the first thing that jumped out at me too. i count myself lucky when i get three.
Old May 6, 2011, 6:39 am

Programs: Delta PM/3MM/FC Marriott Platinum
Talking "Booger Eaters"

Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Well, you were not like your's truly...

I would have got the momma so worked up that she would have backhanded the lil booger eater herself... you were playing checkers when you shoulda been playing chess....
Funny ... but it seems to me that there were FOUR Booger Eaters here!!

AG
Old May 6, 2011, 7:12 am

Programs: Delta Sky Miles
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
You know, there's nothing in the OP that truly indicates that these were infrequent fliers. They might just as well have been DYKWIA Diamonds, including the kid.

Hey OP, you're only GM. The kid may well have had the right to kick your seat, just as all other Diamonds do. It's right there in the DM package. You're just lucky that Grandma didn't put her bare feet up on your armrest (also noted in the package, but we're too cool to actually do it).
^Must have left there Diamond hats at home so they could where Mickey Ears, could have been paid F too and they thought that they were intitled to more b/c it was not an upgrade. I imagine that if it was an upgrade they would have been the type to act much worse if they did not get the upgrades they expected. As for behavior I have seen on Florida flights, adults have been far worse than kids.

Make sure you write a letter to DL to not only complain but also say how the FAs attempted to handle the situation, I imagine that this family will be writing complaining about the FA not letting the kid run up and done the isle.
Old May 6, 2011, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta Sky Miles
After I posted my first message, the grandmother got into it with the purser because the purser had the nerve to ask the child to not run up and down the aisle. Then the child was sitting in the grandmother's lap and repeatedly kicking my chair. I asked if the child could stop and the grandmother's response was (not making this up), "Shut up and have another drink ........"
I hear that next year the ability to have your kid run up and down the isle and kick the persons chair in front of you is going to be added to the list of diamond benefits.
Old May 6, 2011, 7:28 am

Programs: DL, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by BonzoESC
Delta actually just started MIA-MCO service; my suspicion is that anybody with kids is just going to drive their massive SUV, leaving the flight about as sane as possible while still being a torture tube.
Good point, but you underestimate the people who have to connect in MIA for something that had kids all excited to see Mickey.

Tampa is a horrible drive. I4 from Daytona is easy and fast.

Wonder if MIA-MCO is less kid infested.
Old May 6, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Tibs
Good point, but you underestimate the people who have to connect in MIA for something that had kids all excited to see Mickey.

Wonder if MIA-MCO is less kid infested.
If it is, it'll be kids fresh off the new SkyTeam European expansion in MIA, so they'll either be from the UK and sound really smart to us Americans, French and they'll deplete all red wine and shelf-stable cheese found on board, or from Holland and be playing techno music and riding bikes for the whole flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.