Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

It's Baack: AmEx MR Transfer w/25K MQM's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's Baack: AmEx MR Transfer w/25K MQM's

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:07 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Lifetime PL, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by phundoo
I have the same question , I transferred Amex MR in 2007, but I successfully registered for the 50% offer. Someone here mentioned that if it let me register, they should get the bonus.
So, if my account shows registered for the 50%, 30% and 25000 MQM, when I transfer 50000 points, I should receive a total of 115,000 miles, of which 25,000 is MQM, right ? or would it be 90000 ?
Delta put a stop to stacking in late January, and then also changed their T&C to indicate that the promos are not combinable. So at this point in time, if you transfer 50K points, you will receive a total of 75K miles, of which 25K are MQM.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by onthegold
Delta put a stop to stacking in late January, and then also changed their T&C to indicate that the promos are not combinable. So at this point in time, if you transfer 50K points, you will receive a total of 75K miles, of which 25K are MQM.
Thanks for clarifying that. So even though I have both promos registered, I'll only get the 50% 25k MQM at this time.

What happens if I transfer more than 50k points? As I mentioned earlier, I have about 35k Membership Rewards points already. If I advance the 50k and transfer 85k in one shot, I should get 92.5k miles and 25k MQM correct?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gld, SPG Gld, Hyatt, PC, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by tc_jedi
Thanks for clarifying that. So even though I have both promos registered, I'll only get the 50% 25k MQM at this time.

What happens if I transfer more than 50k points? As I mentioned earlier, I have about 35k Membership Rewards points already. If I advance the 50k and transfer 85k in one shot, I should get 92.5k miles and 25k MQM correct?
correct. That's what I did. 50% + 25KMQM is a onetime shot. You will get the 50% bonus on the total amont your transfer. If you transfer again after that for some reasons, you will only get 30% bonus (from the other promo you registered).
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
I have transferred 2-3K MR to my Skymiles account in the past. However I have never got any MQMs for it. If I transfer 50K MR points now, do I qualify for 25K MQM? As per the promo TC, I should qualify for 25K MQM but not the 50% promo. Can somebody please confirm? Thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:54 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by gv111
I have transferred 2-3K MR to my Skymiles account in the past. However I have never got any MQMs for it. If I transfer 50K MR points now, do I qualify for 25K MQM? As per the promo TC, I should qualify for 25K MQM but not the 50% promo. Can somebody please confirm? Thanks.
Were you able to register for the promotion? If so, then you will get the bonus.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by lv2vl
correct. That's what I did. 50% + 25KMQM is a onetime shot. You will get the 50% bonus on the total amont your transfer. If you transfer again after that for some reasons, you will only get 30% bonus (from the other promo you registered).
Nice. Since that's such a boss deal, I think I'll rack up more points with coins and transfer everything in May then.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:42 pm

I've read through a bit of this giant thread and I think I know the answer, but the bonuses are transferred immediately, right? I need the bonus to get a ticket!

Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL SM, AA, BA, WN, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt
Originally Posted by aa4ever
I've read through a bit of this giant thread and I think I know the answer, but the bonuses are transferred immediately, right? I need the bonus to get a ticket!
The bonus shows up on Delta.com immediately after the transfer. Getting the MR points from AMEX takes a while though, so you need to have had a previous AMEX account so you can borow MR points if you do not already have them.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by DLcoop1977
The bonus shows up on Delta.com immediately after the transfer. Getting the MR points from AMEX takes a while though, so you need to have had a previous AMEX account so you can borow MR points if you do not already have them.
Thanks. Yeah, I just did it and got it ticketed, since miles showed up immediately. I have a ton of MR points and needed to buy a very expensive domestic ticket, so this was a fantastic promo for me.

Last edited by aa4ever; Mar 2, 2011 at 11:25 pm Reason: answered question
Old Mar 3, 2011, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL SM, AA, BA, WN, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt
Originally Posted by aa4ever
Thanks. Yeah, I just did it and got it ticketed, since miles showed up immediately. I have a ton of MR points and needed to buy a very expensive domestic ticket, so this was a fantastic promo for me.
Your status of "Delta dirt" should change to Silver if you transferred at least 50K. Welcome to the ranks of Medallions.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Any news about the legal review of the stacked promotions? I did my third transfer today. The first one included the 30% bonus before the stack restriction was put in place. The last two (separate SM accounts) have only been the 50% bonus + 25k MQMs.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 10:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver, A3 Gold, EK Gold, HH Gold, Sixt Dmd
Originally Posted by DLcoop1977
Your status of "Delta dirt" should change to Silver if you transferred at least 50K. Welcome to the ranks of Medallions.
Well at the rate Delta is giving out FO status, it won't be much better than dirt.. You need Gold Medallion to see any tangible benefits, in my opinion.. with the number of Silvers, I don't think anyone will ever get an upgrade.. though I'm just speculating and could very well be completely wrong.

At any rate, Delta's ploy worked, and after considering transferring my points to CO (before that's no longer allowed), ultimately an FO tag won it for them and they'll get my MR points. Who doesn't want to be "elite"?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 10:42 pm

Newbie to flyertalk. I've been reading through a lot of threads on this forum. We have jumped on the offer and have gotten 2 CCs approved for my hubby: Amex Plat and Delta Gold. When they arrive, we will follow the steps the frugaltravelguy suggest to net the $450 and other benefits.
We don't fly a lot. I would say max is once a year so lounge access, MQM status don't mean a lot to us. Plus we hardly fly delta. So we'll cancel those cards after the summer, when hubby has a trip. My question is what cards to get for me. I understand the math and know this is a great promo, but I do not want to churn cards. I'm looking for a solid card to keep with no annual fee (or low) that I can redeem points for different things. I've heard people talked about the SPG card, but we don't really stay at any starwood hotels either. We do make an annual trip (by car) and stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott. So would the Marriott Rewards card suits us better?
Thank you for any suggestions.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 6:19 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
Were you able to register for the promotion? If so, then you will get the bonus.
Yes, I was able to register for the promotion. I believe I transferred some MR points to Skymiles in 2007, so DL may not go that far to check.

So does it mean I will get both 50% bonus and 25K MQMs?
Old Mar 4, 2011, 8:42 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Lifetime PL, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by gv111
Yes, I was able to register for the promotion. I believe I transferred some MR points to Skymiles in 2007, so DL may not go that far to check.

So does it mean I will get both 50% bonus and 25K MQMs?
If you transfer 50,000 points or more, you will get both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.