Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Help with escalating complaint on Delta

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Does anyone have contact numbers/e-mails, etc. for second-tier (or higher) customer service on Delta?

I have submitted 2 comments via their Customer Service form (and waited 14 days- twice as long as their estimated response time) and have recieved no reply. In my second comment, I referenced the tracking number on the first complaint and requested escalation, but I am getting crickets.

If it matters, the basis of the complaint is that a mechanical issue delayed my flight, causing me to miss my connection. They told me that the next confirmed seat that they could give me was 3 days later because all of the intervening flights were overbooked (in fairness, this was only a week after the greta snowpocalypse). After spending a fruitless day on standby, I let them rebook me to a city 500 miles away from my final destination (the closest that they could get me) and bought my own ticket on Southwest to get the rest of the way home. The voucher that they promised me in the interim city (I had to spend the night), was denied by the agent there because they claimed that the new ticket was now my "final destination."

Legally, I don't think that there is anything I can do, and I don't expect them to pay for my new ticket/the hotel room that I had to get, but I do think I should at least get a refund of the skymiles I used to book the ticket home.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Lex
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:42 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
lexlawgirl, welcome to FlyerTalk. As this is specific to Delta Airlines, I'll move it to the dedicated forum for that airline. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 9:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
PM me in a few days if you do not get a response... I have an email address of someone in CC...
Old Jan 18, 2011, 11:55 am

Have you called +1 (404) 715-2600 x 8?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by lexlawgirl
I have submitted 2 comments via their Customer Service form (and waited 14 days- twice as long as their estimated response time) and have recieved no reply.
Give it some more time. I believe their response limit is 30 days. For an incident with my wife's flight which was sent in mid December, they responded after over 3 weeks. The recent storms probably have customer service seriously backed up.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:57 am

Hello.

Can someone point me in the right direction of complain escalation as well?

Delta have now ignored me after promising an immediate response. This was 8 days ago they said they would reply rapidly.

I have emailed asking for an update but got nothing.

Delta assist on Twitter has just said to start my complaint again which I did but 3 days on and not a response.

All I want to know is the status of my complaint and reimbursement claim for the clothes I had to buy when my bags were lost for a few days.

Please and thanks.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Momoskrilla
Hello.

Delta have now ignored me after promising an immediate response. This was 8 days ago they said they would reply rapidly.

Delta assist on Twitter has just said to start my complaint again which I did but 3 days on and not a response.

All I want to know is the status of my complaint and reimbursement claim for the clothes I had to buy when my bags were lost for a few days.

Please and thanks.

http://elliott.org/company-contacts/delta-airlines/
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by lexlawgirl
Legally, I don't think that there is anything I can do, and I don't expect them to pay for my new ticket/the hotel room that I had to get, but I do think I should at least get a refund of the skymiles I used to book the ticket home.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-Lex
Seek relief in small claims court and hope they don't show?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: Delta DM, SWA Styrofoam, Marriott Rew, SPG, HHonors
Before filing suit, check the CoC to see what court venue you have consented to, as well as whether you have waived your right to sue simply by buying a ticket. You probably are limited to arbitration instead of traditional legal remedies.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by Delta Points
I'm not so sure that you want to pass on that link to anyone; it leads to this risible statement:

Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines has a reputation for lightning-fast response times via Twitter. After merging with Northwest Airlines, it has steadily improved in the customer service department.

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
1030 Delta Blvd
Atlanta, GA 30354-1989
http://www.delta.com
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:16 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sabai
I'm not so sure that you want to pass on that link to anyone; it leads to this risible statement:

Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines has a reputation for lightning-fast response times via Twitter. After merging with Northwest Airlines, it has steadily improved in the customer service department.

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
1030 Delta Blvd
Atlanta, GA 30354-1989
http://www.delta.com
Not sure what is laughable about that - it isn't inaccurate but any measure.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:18 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Momoskrilla
Hello.

Please and thanks.
What type of complaint are you filing? Is it something the DOT handles? If so, a DOT complaint usually yields a fast response.
Here is the web form for submitting a complaint:
http://www.dot.gov/airconsumer/file-consumer-complaint

BTW - welcome to FT!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:30 pm

I had a major issue a couple of years ago and ended up submitting a report to the BBB. Only then did I get a response from what appeared to be a dedicated agent for BBB complaints. You might try that.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*
As someone who never ever thought travel insurance was worth it...I have come to change my mind.

In today's market every airline is cutting back on "goodwill" gestures. The speed and degree to which Delta will respond is directly proportional to how valuable you are to them as a customer. They will respond - but when the weather is miserable and the headaches are many - the response will take some time. In fairness, your complaint is not as urgent as the complaint of the passenger stuck between flights today.

I was talked into buying insurance on a trip a last year. That was the first time I had ever done that. It wasn't expensive and the coverage was far better than I expected. I'm sure there are good companies and bad ones but there was a website called insuremytrip that helped me sort through the options and even though Delta tends to respond very quickly when I have an issue I've decided that the value of my time is such that travel insurance is no longer a waste of money.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec Elite
Call 1-800-455-2720 and talk to the complaint department.

I had to call them today after a my MSP-IAH flight Monday was delayed 3 times and then cancelled. They tried to place me on a flight the next morning, which was going to work because of meeting.

Delta re-booked me on a United Flight. Well my MQM's and MQD's pending disappeared from my account. After talking to a Supervisor my trip was placed immediately back on my Skymiles account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.