Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OK, where is "Have One On Us"?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2013, 12:56 am

Programs: DL DM & 1MM
Originally Posted by jpflyer
I fly every week as a GM (SEA <> MSP) and up until a couple weeks ago I have been getting HOOU on every boarding pass. Over the last three weeks I have only received 2 of 6... Does anyone know if the HOOU offering has changed?
Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old May 17, 2013, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I fly every week as a GM (SEA <> MSP) and up until a couple weeks ago I have been getting HOOU on every boarding pass. Over the last three weeks I have only received 2 of 6... Does anyone know if the HOOU offering has changed?
Welcome to FT, jpflyer!

Existing discussion:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ve-one-us.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...hased-out.html

Old May 17, 2013, 4:58 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Welcome to FT.

We flew on Wed, ticketed in V, and had a HOOU on both of our BP's. We always have them, even when upgraded before check in.

We check in with the Android app, have the BP's sent to the phones and then I check in again and print the BP's from both IE (hers) and Chrome (mine). I do not check the bottom box to print extended weather but leave the top selection box checked.
Old May 17, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
It always works when I print from Chrome, but not Firefox.
Old May 17, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: AS, DL, AA, UA, WN
It appears your question has already been answered, but welcome to FT!

Originally Posted by mbwmbw
+1.

Thanks. WFBF.
Really, WFBF? Way to greet a new member with a completely irrelevant comment.
Old May 19, 2013, 1:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
Thanks for the welcome everyone - I was excited to learn of this community!

Also, thanks for the answers. Very helpful!
Old May 19, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
I'd forgotten about these. But I do have a big stack of coupons I haven't used from my Medallion kit(s). delta has sent me 3 so far this year. I expect more will show up at the current rate.

I wish they would make this work with digital boarding passes. I stopped printing paper ages ago.
Old May 22, 2013, 8:38 am
Used to be hamajicky

Any update on if the problem has been fixed yet?
Old May 22, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Chalky White
Any update on if the problem has been fixed yet?
For the past few months I've been getting a HOOU on RU. I just checked in for tomorrow's flight. I'm on a K fare and was upgraded a few days ago to RU, and I didn't get a HOOU. This tells me that it's probably fixed. Can anyone with a V or X fare confirm that they are now getting HOOU coupons?
Old May 22, 2013, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Howste
For the past few months I've been getting a HOOU on RU. I just checked in for tomorrow's flight. I'm on a K fare and was upgraded a few days ago to RU, and I didn't get a HOOU. This tells me that it's probably fixed. Can anyone with a V or X fare confirm that they are now getting HOOU coupons?
I got a HOOU when checking in today for a 3 segment trip tomorrow involving 2 V segments (RJ's with no FC) and one upgraded (RU) segment. So, I think this is confirmation the problem is fixed (but maybe not with the RU).
Old May 22, 2013, 10:04 pm

None on my flight to AUS last week. Free booze is the only reason I would ever print at home. Grrr
Old May 23, 2013, 6:13 am

Programs: DL GM; AS MVPG
Silly question - sounds like you only get the HOOU if you check in via computer - NOT the app (which i always use, which could explain a lot)?
Old May 23, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by KickBckNRlx
Silly question - sounds like you only get the HOOU if you check in via computer - NOT the app (which i always use, which could explain a lot)?
Yes. The app never gives a coupon.
Old May 23, 2013, 8:58 am

Another data point. I bought an award ticket yesterday for a flight tomorrow. The fare class is (NK) and the HOOU printed. No upgrades. I believe an award ticket was a different fare class before(?) so at least this is good to go.

On a separate note: I hate that the HOOU prints on my third and final boarding pass every time. If I use it in the first or second legs and the FA just takes the entire sheet now I have to go and print a new boarding pass. I know I could insist on her scanning it there and giving it back but I don't want to be a pain. I now print the final page twice at home. The forest does not appreciate my free woodford as much as I do.
Old May 23, 2013, 9:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by stils
Another data point. I bought an award ticket yesterday for a flight tomorrow. The fare class is (NK) and the HOOU printed. No upgrades. I believe an award ticket was a different fare class before(?) so at least this is good to go.

On a separate note: I hate that the HOOU prints on my third and final boarding pass every time. If I use it in the first or second legs and the FA just takes the entire sheet now I have to go and print a new boarding pass. I know I could insist on her scanning it there and giving it back but I don't want to be a pain. I now print the final page twice at home. The forest does not appreciate my free woodford as much as I do.
Don't you tear off the HOOU coupon and keep the rest of the page? I would think that the FA wouldn't even want the whole page. Plus, that boarding pass has some personal information. In particular, i think that knowing the name, PNR, flights and dates would give someone the ability to cancel your flight or change your seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.