Wiki Posts
Search

OK, where is "Have One On Us"?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2010, 5:36 am

Programs: DL-DM, PC-PM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Another illusory DL benefit.

A possible explanation... they may not give them for RJ flights that are so short that you don't get any service in coach?

Anyway, the last time mine did not print, I received multiple copies from a customer service agent at the airport.

I had them print for the LAN-DTW segment I wasn't upgraded on (continuing flight to BWI I was upgraded). I think that just may be the shortest flight, 74 miles, in the entire system.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Seabilly
Dear xxxx,

We are sorry but the "Have One On Us" coupon was supposed to be a random offering. It was simply a glitch that allowed you to receive one for each of your past trips. We have now fixed this glitch but you will be happy to know that we do not intend to take back the previous drinks you already had on us.

Love,
Delta

It's so random that all of my 6am departures have them but my 6pm departures done (I've learned to hold onto them as they typically are good for 48 hours) ^
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
I got them to/from DFW last week. Used them for Pringles
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by zsmith2
Did you have a connecting flight that was upgraded?
No connecting flight and the one I do have is definitely long enough for drink/snack service.

By other responses in this thread it appears it may be in the process of being phased out? If so, bummer. Since I'm stuck flying CR2s every week, there goes my one perk of being an elite with Delta (boarding early is no big deal since you have to check your bag at the gate anyway with these planes).
Old Dec 22, 2010, 8:02 am

Location: Minneapolis, MN - At least that's where I receive mail...
Programs: DL (DM), AA (EP), SPG (Ambassador), HHonors (Gold)
Just another data point, from this weekend:

DTW-DSM, mid-afternoon flight, Friday - "Have one on us!"
DSM-DTW, morning flight, Sunday - "Introducing Sky Priority"

Both CR2s on an award ticket.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 8:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
The Delta bean counters must have vastly underestimated the number of people who would redeem their drink coupons at all times of the day to help them through the coach experience..
Old Dec 22, 2010, 8:12 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by USAF_Pride
I had them print for the LAN-DTW segment I wasn't upgraded on (continuing flight to BWI I was upgraded). I think that just may be the shortest flight, 74 miles, in the entire system.
Makes CSG-ATL and SDF-CVG seem like long trips, at 83/84 miles. and my MBS-DTW flight scheduled for the second week of January also seems lengthy, at 98 miles.

UA flies AOO-JST and visa versa, at 27 miles, which I think is the shortest ticketed direct flight on any airline.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 8:16 am

Programs: DM/3MM
I think there are definite IT glitches with this. I didn't get a coupon, either direction, in October on a JFK-LAX-JFK trip. However, my wife did (and we were on the same itinerary/record). We each checked in at our offices on the outbound, but we checked in on the same computer on the return. Just odd. Fortunately, I was able to have my wife reprint her boarding pass so I had a coupon.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 8:26 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
The sense that DL owes anyone a drink is simply amazing and is so beyond the normal high sense of entitlement seen in this forum it is not even remotely funny. This was never a benefit, it was something tried and for what ever reason may have been taken away.

It is crap like this that makes me wonder why DL even bothers to read FT.

But no doubt the crying and the gnashing of teeth will continue from those who want SOMETHING FOR NOTHING!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: DL-DM, PC-PM
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
The sense that DL owes anyone a drink is simply amazing and is so beyond the normal high sense of entitlement seen in this forum it is not even remotely funny. This was never a benefit, it was something tried and for what ever reason may have been taken away.

But no doubt the crying and the gnashing of teeth will continue from those who want SOMETHING FOR NOTHING!
If they have discontinued the program, maybe they should let us know so it isn't expected any more. Simple communication solves this problem. As there has been no communication about the program ending, we all (except maybe you) think the program is still running. The OP noticed a change and asked others if they saw the same. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
The Delta bean counters must have vastly underestimated the number of people who would redeem their drink coupons at all times of the day to help them through the coach experience..
Bingo. We have a winner.

I suspect the conversation went something like this:

Bean Counter - "You did what?!?!?!? Do you realize how much this is going to cost us... just to appease some whining, undeserving, I-wish-they-had-never-been-born high value customers? Why in the H### didn't you come and beg our permission first?"

Originator of the coupon concept: "Errrr.... Uhhhh... Ohhhh"

As usual, SkyMilesInsider is certainly welcome to post here and explain the Have One on Us coupon policy and its apparent evolution (devolution?).

But, somehow, I don't expect that to happen.

By the way, SMI's original post on this matter was emphatic. Quote:
"Mobile and online check-in we know that many of you already have used mobile boarding passes or online check-in so it is important that we recognize you there as well. When you check-in on delta.com and we recognize that you didnt get upgraded, we will add a coupon to your self-printed boarding pass for a complimentary beverage or in-flight snack."
(Emphasis is mine.)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13740896-post1.html

No room for equivocation in that statement. So, SMI, is this another DL IT failure, or another disingenuous, and unannounced, backsliding on a promised benefit?

For those of you who come away from the DO's slavering and assuring the rest of us that DL management monitors FT so carefully, and is so interested in what is posted here, can you explain why posts describing the various failures to provide the benefits that we have been promised never get responded to?

Just wondering...
Old Dec 22, 2010, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was a promised benefit, announced by SkyMilesInsider here:

But don't let facts get in the way of your continued vilification of everyone on this board who does not see things precisely your way. (It must be so fulfilling being you.)

DL owes people precisely what DL has promised it would deliver people. DL promised to deliver these coupons. Clear. Simple. Incontrovertible.

Along with others, I will await your apology (but I won't hold my breath).
Old Dec 22, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Assuming the coupons not printing is a glitch, I've got a gripe that might be appropriate here; Why do the certificates only print on paper, and not along with your handheld device boarding pass? The FAs now scan the coupon, which can be done from your handheld. Why does DL require that we find a printer and waste paper in order to use the coupon?

And another thing I'm curious about when it comes to the coupons; How many of us give the coupon away when we get a battlefield UG or aren't planning to use the thing? Is it a nice thing to do? Not let the coupon go to waste and pass something along to a fellow passenger? Or is it wrong to transfer this benefit meant for SP passengers? I always pass the coupon along, but am curious what others think.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
It was a promised benefit, announced by SkyMilesInsider here:

But don't let facts get in the way of your continued vilification of everyone on this board who does not see things precisely your way. (It must be so fulfilling being you.)

DL owes people precisely what DL has promised it would deliver people. DL promised to deliver these coupons. Clear. Simple. Incontrovertible.

Along with others, I will await your apology (but I won't hold my breath).
Your are correct. It is clearly stated there.

Please accept my sincere apology..... and you can now take a deep breath.

Apparently just another example of the wonderful job the wiz kids and the Dr. in IT are doing.........

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Dec 22, 2010 at 8:57 am
Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your are correct. It is clearly stated there.

Please accept my sincere apology..... and you can now take a deep breath.

Apparently just another example of the wonderful job the wiz kids and the Dr. in IT are doing.........
Accepted

(I am glad that I came back here to review before hitting Submit on the escalating reply that I will now delete)

I, however, am not ready to blame this on IT.

Its unfortunate that DL management could defuse the speculation by posting here on the topic, but chooses not to do so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.