Wiki Posts
Search

OK, where is "Have One On Us"?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2012, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Ascii
A DL Rep has posted in this forum stating their intent to give one to SP customers 100% of the time when not upgraded.
Quite true.

If this was just a browser problem, the collective experience/wisdom of this forum would have figured out all the workarounds by now.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:41 am

Angry

Originally Posted by realjd
Ugh. I can see the HOUO before I hit "Print Boarding Documents". When the boarding pass actually prints though, no coupon (or any other ads). I've tried Firefox (with ....... turned off), Chrome, and IE and none printed the coupon or any ads. I'm going to go try to find an XP computer with an older IE.

Edit: I tried with multiple computers, browsers, and operating systems. I think their ad serving scripts are broken since it doesn't print any other ads either.
Same issue for me. Tried all sorts of workarounds. No dice.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LBJ
Did it say it was going to print one? DL does not always give you one 100% of the time when you are not upgraded. If it doesn't say anything about getting one, it's not a browser issue, you just didn't get one this time.
A DL Rep has posted in this forum stating their intent to give one to SP customers 100% of the time when not upgraded.
Yes, this was supposed to be a stated SP benefit for not getting UG. Not some roll the dice if you're lucky we might give you a HOOU.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Auston
Same issue for me. Tried all sorts of workarounds. No dice.
I tried again about half an hour ago and it worked fine. This was on OSX with Safari FWIW, a configuration which did not work earlier. Whatever was wrong, they fixed it.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: UA 1MM/2013PP; Marriott Platimum Elite; Hilton Diamond
If I have printing problems (occurs sometimes at hotels), I'll just hit the Print Screen key, CTRL+V or right-click + paste the image into Word, WordPad, Paint, or something else available, and print the image. Works every time. If you want to go all-out, get SnagIt, a great, full-featured (but a little complicated) screen capture program.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Yes, this was supposed to be a stated SP benefit for not getting UG. Not some roll the dice if you're lucky we might give you a HOOU.
Outbound experience... UG'd on first flight, not on connecting flight. HOOU coupon would not display in Firefox, would display and print in Internet explorer.

Return experience... Not UG'd on first flight, but UG'd on the second flight. HOOU coupon would not display in either browser. Same computer. Same settings in both browsers. No changes.

Yes, we were told that the HOOU coupon would be provided for every flight that we were not UG'd... even on CRJ flights with no FC section.

But, as ample documentation in a variety of threads shows, the promise has never been reliably kept.

This fits in that class of problems which, if solved, would cost the airline money. Hence, the problem will never be solved.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Outbound experience... UG'd on first flight, not on connecting flight. HOOU coupon would not display in Firefox, would display and print in Internet explorer.

Return experience... Not UG'd on first flight, but UG'd on the second flight. HOOU coupon would not display in either browser. Same computer. Same settings in both browsers. No changes.

Yes, we were told that the HOOU coupon would be provided for every flight that we were not UG'd... even on CRJ flights with no FC section.

But, as ample documentation in a variety of threads shows, the promise has never been reliably kept.

This fits in that class of problems which, if solved, would cost the airline money. Hence, the problem will never be solved.
I wasn't able to get a SC agent to give me one in MIA Sunday. The printer wasn't working in the SC and I decided to just ask the agent if she had any and she had no idea what I was talking about

I wish they would do what american does and just give you a drink or snack if you give them your FF card or just comp a drink if your status is showing as SP on the manifest.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

Was it every flight? Seems so random to me. It gets all wacky when there are two or more flights. If UG on both, never had HOOU - makes sense. When UG on none, sometimes no HOOU. When UG on one sometimes yes, sometimes now.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: DM/3MM
It would be interesting to see what the methodology is on when these appear. This year I have always gotten them...even on paid TATL J.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by dcline414
It seems like the last segment being in F will keep the coupon from printing in itself though. I know mine didn't print tomorrow for the first time ever, and my last leg is in paid FC.
Originally Posted by Howste
The only time I don't get HOOU is when the last leg of the day is in FC.
^ Just had the same experience. I'm flying a roundtrip tomorrow with two segments in each direction, F-Y-Y-F. I got the HOOU when I checked in for the outbound flights but no HOOU when I checked in for the return flights (same computer).

For the return flights, I've tried checking in multiple times on four browsers, but I always get the "Introducing Sky Priority" block. Never before have I been so unhappy to see something that says Sky Priority!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 8:32 pm

When I don't buy F (or, HAHAHAHA, get upgraded ) I always get a HOOU. ^
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by lamont2718
^ Just had the same experience. I'm flying a roundtrip tomorrow with two segments in each direction, F-Y-Y-F. I got the HOOU when I checked in for the outbound flights but no HOOU when I checked in for the return flights (same computer).

For the return flights, I've tried checking in multiple times on four browsers, but I always get the "Introducing Sky Priority" block. Never before have I been so unhappy to see something that says Sky Priority!
You should have printed an extra from the earlier flights then.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Was it every flight? Seems so random to me. It gets all wacky when there are two or more flights. If UG on both, never had HOOU - makes sense. When UG on none, sometimes no HOOU. When UG on one sometimes yes, sometimes now.

From SMI (now akw DLCorpGuy) at here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13740896-post1.html

"When you check-in on delta.com and we recognize that you didnt get upgraded, we will add a coupon to your self-printed boarding pass for a complimentary beverage or in-flight snack."

Also, from April 9, 2010:

Originally Posted by DLCorpGuy
Also, we have been following your comments on the troubles with printing coupons (but instead getting a Sky Priority placeholder ad) and are working on resolving those issues quickly...

Keep posting...we are listening.

SkyMilesInsider
It is interesting that over 2-1/2 years later, I'm still getting the Sky Priority placeholder ad.

I guess they are still listening... but only listening.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Not sure exactly what I did to make this work, but here's something for others to try:

I had the "HOOU" box on the boarding pass page, printed the boarding passes after DESELECTING all the choices for extra stuff (extended weather, suduko, etc.). Kept the standard extraneous ads. No Coupon.

I printed again after selecting "extended weather" (and maybe all the others, I don't recall- I was printing to PDFs) and got the coupon. Third try, deselected all...got the coupon again.

Not sure if it was just playing with it, or selecting something on the list, but something worked.

Last edited by orca15; Dec 1, 2012 at 10:33 pm
Old Dec 1, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM United MM, Marriott P for life
Is there any way to get the coupon if you always have your boarding pass sent to your phone instead of printing it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.